737 airtanker

Thread: 737 airtanker

737 airtanker

looks like the 737 airtanker from Coulson will be carded and in service and available in August for the remainder of fire season.more at fireaviation.com

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T-137_.jpg   T-137_-2.jpg   T-137_-3.jpg  

That's great! California and Oregon firefighters will sure be happy to see that puppy coming along.
    We've already had a couple pretty bad fires here around Klamath Falls. They got them out, but the summer's just getting started.

The firefighters better hope they stay on the tanker's good side, though. Imagine the shower THAT would be!
    I would be donating a couple dozen donuts, and a few gallons of coffee to the tanker's crew. EVERY day!

Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

lol,fire fighters are more fit,no donuts needed....oh who am i kiddin?..lol...ive been hit by the S2's..that was bad enough,,the 747,DC10 and 737 must be terrible when hit...

,the 747,DC10 and 737 must be terrible when hit...
    Can you just imagine the headline? Man drowns on side of mountain fighting forest fire!

But, he'd sure be clean!

Have fun, all.
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Can you just imagine the headline? Man drowns on side of mountain fighting forest fire!

But, he'd sure be clean!

Have fun, all.
    Pat☺
    he'd be pink,i wore pink wildland gear for three seasons thanks to tanker drops...lol

And I bet the aircrew got a huge giggle out of it too.

at least your fellow fire fighters wouldn't laugh. I'd wager they were just as pink as you were

Thanks for you services as a fire-fighter, BTW!
    You guys are awesome. Nuts, but awesome

Good luck to you. And your pink gear, you beastly savage, you

Sorry, I couldn't resist...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    And I bet the aircrew got a huge giggle out of it too.

at least your fellow fire fighters wouldn't laugh. I'd wager they were just as pink as you were

Thanks for you services as a fire-fighter, BTW!
    You guys are awesome. Nuts, but awesome

Good luck to you. And your pink gear, you beastly savage, you

Sorry, I couldn't resist...
    Pat☺
    lol..and thank you for the nice compliment.the famous "hoser" got me twice in T89,he told me after one of the drops,well im sorry you got in my way!..then laughed.. our department used to do station coverage at the Auburn station 10,and one of our departments was a CDF Captian,actually 3 of our department were Captains (1 HFEO,1 engine captain and one was with the ECC)and one was a battalion chief and ran the ECC for awhile,which is how i was able to rub shoulders with the pilots,and when i was a kid,the USFS aircraft dispatcher at Grass Valley was a neighbor,he would take me to work with him,,this was when they flew the F7F,which is why i love them so much,they would touch down on the main gear ,leaving the nose wheel off the ground for 3/4s or more of the runway,was awesome...as far as being laughed at with pink gear,,,nope,,it was a badge of honor.for one thing,if you were hit with retardant,it meant you were in a place of danger.fire was too close and they saved ya butt.

Members who have read this thread: 1