Starting Simdirector without P3D?

Thread: Starting Simdirector without P3D?

Starting Simdirector without P3D?

I am using Version 4.3. Had it set up on my previous system to be able to use Simdirector without starting P3D itself, but can't figure out how to do it again. Any help here? Thanks. NC

i was thinking about the same thing
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Anyone?

You have to start P3d with the -simdirector switch.
    Look in the SDK under Simdirector, it's all there.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    ok thank you its a pain to get working gets stuck or freezes some times switching
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Dave,

In the SDK, I see the following. Forgive me for asking, but I do not understand how to implement the "-simdirector switch"

I see the ConfigSDK, and can initiate it, using Administrator mode. Is that what you are referring to? NC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails whatisee.jpg  

I think he's referring to this command line switch which can be accessed through the Scenario Tools section of the v4 docs:

One way to do this is to modify the P3D desktop shortcut (I assume you have one) this is the standard one:

Needs to be modified to this:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails simdirectorstartcommandline.jpg   simdirectorstartcommandline2.jpg   simdirectorstartcommandline3.jpg  
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Quote Originally Posted by docjohnson View Post
    I think he's referring to this command line switch which can be accessed through the Scenario Tools section of the v4 docs:

One way to do this is to modify the P3D desktop shortcut (I assume you have one) this is the standard one:

Needs to be modified to this:

That did it, thanks! NC

What exactly is Simdirector? Take it you need the P3D SDK. I could never get the FSX SDK to work after downloading it.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Think mission maker for P3D, now called scenarios. You can also use it to convert FSX missions into scenarios for play in P3D.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    What exactly is Simdirector? Take it you need the P3D SDK. I could never get the FSX SDK to work after downloading it.
    Simdirector does a LOT! Aside from just placing objects, you can instantly place AI aircraft. A lot more, but I am scarcely just learning it. Steep learning curve. NC

Is it easier to install and get working than the FSX SDK?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 0