Takka takka takka - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Takka takka takka

Always did love that scene! Silence in Polish!

Btw. after the G6 and Buchon Mike announced this!!!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hi Mike,
    Buchon was present also (Bf 109 G-12 (Hispano Aviación H.A.-1112-M1L Buchon, ex C.4K-169, "Gelbe 27", "Yellow 27", D-FMGZ):

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Excellent video, I especially liked the initial walk around and startup sequence. (It would be great, however, if video cameras would show spinning props as the eye sees them...)

Enjoyed every minute. Thanks for that!

Nice Video

I also like seeing the checks and start up..I like looking for little details, spot things that I didn't know about etc

Am I right in thinking that the twin seat Buchon/Messerschmitt in the middle can run with either a Merlin (like a Buchon) or with a DB605 (like a Bf109), I'm sure I read somewhere they use the Merlin more regularly due to them being 'less rare' than the DB605.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieC View Post
    I like looking for little details, spot things that I didn't know about etc
    I couldn't help noticing the rather significant gap between the bottom of the starboardside canopyframe and cockpit rim(D-FMGS)..... Also, not seen a pilot wearing glasses before... (other than an 'older' airline captain wearing reading glasses occasionly) Who are these guys anyway ? Former airline or militairy pilots maybe ?... Also.... funny line-up in the sky there, a sole innocent T-6 with 3 109's on its tail...

Great video! Thanks YoYo!

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    Excellent video, I especially liked the initial walk around and startup sequence.
    Mike, does your wonderful 109K work in P3Dv4 ?..

Cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Mike, does your wonderful 109K work in P3Dv4 ?..

Cheers,
    Jan
    All Flight Replicas aircraft for FSX will work in all versions of P3D, unless otherwise indicated. The only thing you'll miss in P3Dv4 are any custom sounds, but these are primarily limited to gun sounds in the fighters.

All three of the '109's in the video are owned/operated by Hangar10/Air Fighter Academy, located in Germany on the Island of Usedom. The DB605 powered Bf-109G-6 D-FMGS is a new-build airframe using original parts/identity. The DB605 powered Bf-109G-14 D-FMGV is a converted Buchon though registered with an original G-14 identity. The two-seat Buchon, D-FMGZ, was restored to Bf-109G-12 configuration (and registered with an original G-12 identity). As mentioned, they can swap in/out either an original Messerschmitt QEC with DB605 engine or a Buchon Merlin QEC, on the "G-12/two-seat Buchon" - however, ever since they put the Merlin back on it, that is the only way it has remained (I have a sneaking suspicion that the DB605 it originally had when first completed is the one that is now installed in their recently completed "G-14" D-FMGV).

The T-6 was leading the formation as it was serving as the photo ship for that photo flight (cameraman in the back seat).

I don't recognize the pilot wearing glasses, but the two other pilots are Klaus Plaza (world-renown German warbird pilot and test pilot) and Mark Murphy (highly experienced American warbird pilot, who owns/operates the P-51D Mustang "Never Miss" and regularly flies an FG-1D and the Mk.1 Spitfire P9374 for another owner). As I mentioned, I don't immediately recognize the pilot wearing glasses, but he is far from the first warbird pilot I've seen wearing glass - in fact there are quite a number of notable warbird pilots that do, not to mention perhaps the world's most highly respected and well known warbird pilot of all, Steve Hinton.
    Last edited by Bomber_12th; October 10th, 2018 at 16:36.

Thanks Mike ! And thanks John, great info !

These guys have the most exiting job in the world, haven't they. Not much to find in the net about Klaus Plaza (just one piccie of him filling up the portwing fuel tank of a DC-3..). All the more however turns up searching for Klaus Plasa (proves that it can only be one sylable that makes the difference between completely unknown and world-renowned ;-)

Thought i'd share this great cockpit video of him flying BF109 G-4 'Red 7' (actually it's a former Buchon, right ?) at the Festival of Flight Biggin Hill 2015. ( check out the great internal sound capture, Mike ! ... I mean, if you haven't got something already... ;-)

https://youtu.be/JGhMGQst4lo

Stumbled over the fact that Red 7 made a succesfull belly landing at Roskilde 2013 caused by fuel problems with Klaus Plasa at the controls. Omitted in the manual this plane was not intended to perform negative G flight. Very interesting official report about the accident in PDF format you can download here:
    http://www.havarikommissionen.dk/ind...c67b2ddaef0539

Oh, and about pilots and glasses, you mention Steve Hinton. Quite right. Here he is in the 109 cockpit while givin the tour by Klaus Plasa. Two warbird heros come together. One wearing glasses.

cheers,
    jan (also wearing glasses, for a looooong time.. )

Airbus' G-4 (at least that's why I think "Yellow 3" is) was in the overhaul shop at home in Manching last year. The other one wasn't around at all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WP_20170726_11_43_19_Rich.jpg  

If I'm not mistaken it is because she crashed...again. Rote Sieben is deffinietly most unlucky warbird of all times. Not fly since 2016 I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Airbus' G-4 (at least that's why I think "Yellow 3" is) was in the overhaul shop at home in Manching last year. The other one wasn't around at all.
    Bjoern,

The one in the picture you posted is the ex Hannes Dittes G-10 Buchon conversion, D-FDME.

https://www.flugmuseum-messerschmitt...g10/index.html

Cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Bradburger View Post
    The one in the picture you posted is the ex Hannes Dittes G-10 Buchon conversion, D-FDME.

https://www.flugmuseum-messerschmitt...g10/index.html
    Okay. I totally lost my touch with everything Bf-109.

Still waiting for "pre order" button

Just realized today that the pilot wearing glasses, flying the two-seat Buchon/Bf-109G-12 in the video posted by YoYo, is Mikael Carlson, one of my biggest aviation idols (great to see him flying WWII warbirds - of course he is most well known for performing in his incredibly authentic Fokker Dr.1 and Fokker D.VII reproductions and Bleriot types, though he has a lot of T-6 time as well, as I recall).

Some more videos of the Hangar10 Messerschmitts:

A number more of great videos of the collection here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2s...rRf_D3g/videos

Small OT.
    Nice and rare photo of Bf "Made in Germany, finished in England"

(looks like Emil)

Hey team, any recent updates at all these aircraft? I for one am quite keen on a 109G, but a buchon would be simply amazing!
    It’s an add-on that’s been missing for FSX for a long time and would go very nicely with some of the other ‘modern’ warbirds floating around these days.
    Thanks all and greatly looking forward to this one- money waiting! Haha
    ATB

I second that!

I agree that it'd go well with the other modern warbirds too

Good timing with the question - the Bf-109G's were actually finished today. There's just a couple of specialty mods to make, such as a tropical version and one with the under-wing cannons, but those essentially just involve smaller parts and won't take long. As soon as those are done, work switches immediately to the Buchons - which likely means they'll be underway by the end of next week (if real life doesn't get in the way). As the Buchon exterior models are also finished, it will be a matter of doing the same modifications that the Spanish did to the cockpit.

Then, of course, there are things like paint schemes, manuals, paint kits, website, etc. to do. In the meantime, I'll put up some new Messerschmitt screenshots on the FaceBook page as soon as I can, hopefully this weekend.

Mike

Thanks most kindly for the update, highly appreciate it!
    Sounds great- massively looking forward to both. Always been a big fan of your previous work, seeing your preview photos of these projects back last year has been key in rekindling my interest in FSX.

Managed to get the under wing cannon gondolas done, but ran short of time this weekend to do anything else. But as far as I can tell, there's only the headrest armour for the early G6 to do, which hopefully will be pretty quick!

Anyway, testing brought a couple of screenshots today that I thought I'd share. I know evening and night views are the most difficult to see clearly, depending on screen settings, etc., but here they are anyway, of Oblt. Manfred Dieterle's well known Bf-109G6/R6 night fighter. One evening view, one night view. Hopefully you can see everything in the moonlit night shot.

Thanks for the new preview shots. That's a cool paint scheme too.

I'm so excited about Buchon

Members who have read this thread: 0