reticle glass?

Thread: reticle glass?

reticle glass?

For the fs_bf109s and their updated eto_bf109s which I have added dynamic reticles we have bf_reticle.dds in the pit.m3d (and in the texturemagic.ini). The dynamic reticle works and disappears in tight maneuvers, but there is no visible reticle glass? Should there be one (a dds in the pit.m3d) and if so which?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails reticle.jpg  

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

If the model has a reticle glass object then perhaps it's just set with too low a transparency value. You would have to look into the m3d file to check it.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

If I knew where to look in the m3d.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    If I knew where to look in the m3d.
    perhaps it's just a simple texture naming thing. check out the new ah_bf109e shared files folder, you'll see two different texturenames for the same gunsight (check the readme file in that folder), (gr_reticle.dds and gr_sguns.dds - same file, but for ah cockpit and mike wholaver cockpit)

see for more details my forthcoming reply in another thread

ps check the attached png file, it's the gunsight i'm talking about and it's for sure not the one in the screenshots, so perhaps changing filenames could do the trick?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gr_reticle.png  
    There's only one Foute Man........

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi Fouteman, great to see you back on the forum!

The new gunsights are dynamic and part of an amazing set of new effects made possible by the development of Ankor's shader package. Majormagee has done a vast amount of work developing model-appropriate dynamic reticles. These are amazing/immersive and sometimes downright frustrating. I find the impact point (in the heat of a turning battle) for the dynamic gunsights is often below the nose of the aircraft and thus impossible to see. For some reason this is not so much of a problem with stock gunsights, even for fighters with a famously large nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Hi Fouteman, great to see you back on the forum!

The new gunsights are dynamic and part of an amazing set of new effects made possible by the development of Ankor's shader package. Majormagee has done a vast amount of work developing model-appropriate dynamic reticles. These are amazing/immersive and sometimes downright frustrating. I find the impact point (in the heat of a turning battle) for the dynamic gunsights is often below the nose of the aircraft and thus impossible to see. For some reason this is not so much of a problem with stock gunsights, even for fighters with a famously large nose.
    ok, could have known......

actually great to see you're still walking on this planet as well!!!!!!!
    There's only one Foute Man........

Depending on your rate and direction of turning, the convergence point in the space out ahead of your aircraft, will lead or lag your line of sight.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Let me know the specific filename of the cockpit your asking about and I'll take a look at the m3d.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I'll do one better and attach the m3d pit file which is generic to all fs and eto bf109s. However, if you have time to explain where the info is in the m3d and what you did that would also be appreciated.

generic pit for fs n eto 109s.rar

After checking each line it appears that the model you provided does not include any glass for the sight.

The ones I have in ETO all have a gunsight that is offset to the right a bit and those do have the reflector glass modeled.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Ah so the old gunsight must have been reticle and glass as one dds.

Members who have read this thread: 0