AI wieght and flight charactaristics

Thread: AI wieght and flight charactaristics

AI wieght and flight charactaristics

Has much moved on from here?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...hts?highlight=

Post *6 seesm to imply ai's can have an heavier FM but is that often done?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

so the ? is, should I add this to the "~AI eto Bf109E-3 9./JG 26 9"

<Loadout Name="Clean" MissionType="Bomber_Intercept,CAP,Intercept,sweep, recon,nothing"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="0" PylonType="750_pylon_null"
    PayloadType=""/>

based on Nigel's idea?

I have found a variety of pylons like this and added them to the various ETO installs I have
    750_pylon_null
    1250_pylon_null
    500_pylon_null
    ai_pylon_null
    1750_pylon_null

Exactly. The downside is that is indeed requires an AI version of every single aircraft.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by greycap.raf View Post
    Exactly. The downside is that is indeed requires an AI version of every single aircraft.
    Which is no terrible thing. ETO has a lot already. I suppose fighters could be prioritised over bombers.

So couldn't just changing weights in the AI aircraft.cfg do the trick? Which would require a separate folder for the AI aircraft. Much like the ones for AI ETO MkI spitfires and Hurricanes

AFAIK this is less of an issue for multi engine aircraft; more of an issue there is "sniper" gunners.

SOH-CM-2020

Sniper Gunners

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    AFAIK this is less of an issue for multi engine aircraft; more of an issue there is "sniper" gunners.
    The sniper gunners are easily fixed. In the gunstations for the aircraft xdp, I tend to set the ratelimit for trainable guns at 12-15. IIRC that is the "rate" in degrees in which the gun pans in a second. It is not the rate at which the gun fires - that is set in the gun.xdp not the aircraft xdp. there is the occassional reference to "rate" in the gunstations of an aircraftxdp; AFAIK this is an error. For "wusses" that ratelimit number can be lower.

But also in the specific turret gun, the "timealive" in the gun xdp should closely match the range for the gun. Hence if the range is 700m and the gun's muzzle velocity is 750 m/s then a timealive of 1.0 seconds would be just about right.

Too long a timealive and the gunners open up too early/ or at least are effective too far out. The "Rate" for the machine gun is a bit more problematic, IIRC some are high to compensate for the CFS3 effect so I have no suggestions for that parameter.

Another trick to get rid of the sniper gunners is the "noise" parameter in the gun files. It has nothing to do with sound, it's the value for the bullet spread. Set it to something like 5 instead of the default 0.2 and the gunners will spray like always but they're not hitting anything except by pure luck.

Thanks to both for some interesting updates on that sniper issue.

@Dan. I haven't really looked into your 190's, but did you solve or ameliorate the AI weight issue?

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by greycap.raf View Post
    Another trick to get rid of the sniper gunners is the "noise" parameter in the gun files. It has nothing to do with sound, it's the value for the bullet spread. Set it to something like 5 instead of the default 0.2 and the gunners will spray like always but they're not hitting anything except by pure luck.
    Good catch Rene, I forgot to mention noise! If you look at the AvH gun xdps, the ones with _hand_held on them have a higher noise than the ones without. Eg. IIRC He-111 had the hand_held guns with a basic swivel. by the other token, I suspect the AvH guns in a _power_turret would have a lower noise.

Members who have read this thread: 0