P3D/P4D screenshots redux...oops!
Page 1 of 79 1234567891151 ... LastLast

Thread: P3D/P4D screenshots redux...oops!

Blog Entries

Icon9 P3D/P4D screenshots redux...oops!

Post your P3D v4 Screen shots here.

I'll kick it off with the Abrams P1 Explorer over photo real Las Vegas. I haven't added any custom autogen for LV yet, but there are no real challenges in migrating existing assets if you know how to go about it.

Note:
    The Abrams is a WIP and translated into V4 quite elegantly, looking and performing even better than V3. Averaged 60-70 FPS on the flight from KBIH to KLAS. On the ground more like 30 FPS in my high def KBIH scenery, but gained quickly when the view was not looking down the barrel of the high autogen saturation in that scenery package.

Note the heavy volumetric haze in the custom weather setup. This should be a giant killer, but no real problem. The biggest FPS killer will be Dynamic Reflections so use it at a level that you find amiable with your system.

As of this flight, ChasePlane has updated itself with an experimental P3D v4 build now functional. Those guys are on the ball.

Last edited by gman5250; May 30th, 2017 at 15:58.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image2.jpg   Image9.jpg   Image7.jpg   Image3.jpg   Image6.jpg  

WOW! gMan and Dino, you Brainiacs have outdone yourselves. Headed over to LM to pick up v4 now!

Safe skies,

Greg
    Best airshow/rock concert ever!
    First flight game/sim...Atari 8 bit USAFF text based WWII bombing game!
    i7 6700k @ 4.675 ghz | Asus Maximus VIII Formula Mother Board | 500 gig Samsung EVO 950 M.2 for OS | Crucial 500 gig SSD dedicated to P3D | 16 gigs Corsair Dominator DDR4@3200 | Corsair H115i AIO 280mm | GTX Asus Strix 1080 GPU | 4K 49" LG Monitor | Windows 10 64 bit

Very impressed with 4. I was running 2.5 for the last few years and was hoping LM would come out with a 64bit ver.

Now I can honestly say that I am happy to have a new sim.

It runs really nice.

Is that the IRIS TacPack A-10 ?
    Did you get the load manager to work in P3Dv4 ? I thought the 32 bits DLLs wouldn't work ?
    EDIT: simple, yet superb shot !

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Is that the IRIS TacPack A-10 ?
    Did you get the load manager to work in P3Dv4 ? I thought the 32 bits DLLs wouldn't work ?
    EDIT: simple, yet superb shot !
    Thx you.

I have the load manager working but Im not using Tacpack. I was able to use the ac and the load manager without error.

Thanks for the explanation.

Just a couple of shots of Piglets A29B which Im using in Prepar3d4. Still a great plane to fly in the sim.
    This is taking over southern Florida in pending storms.
    So far added all the Orbx scenery I have along with Rex Essential with overdrive. No issues. Also was able to fly Iris Mudhen F15E with metal2metal installed. Could not get the Milviz F15E to work.
    I'm pretty happy so far with 4.0. The migration so far has really been easier than I imagine it would be.
    This sim runs very well right out of the box.

In another thread i was raven about the fact that with our new 64bit playground the extremely annoying popping in and out of ground textures finally belongs to the past ( aka FSX/P3Dv3... ) Crispy sharp ground textures everywhere you look !

But that was while flying the Bonanza with 135 knots at say 1500 feet. I really didn't expect this would be exactly the same flying a jetfighter at 500 knots at treetop height ! Holy Moly !!!

Exactly the same feeling as Aerofly FSI could provide when flying thru the Swiss mountains in the default F-18. Except we now have our beloved FS aircraft at our disposal, autogen everywhere and with the whole world as playground ! I say again Holy Moly !!!

Following the Seine low and fast. Used to be no fun at all, now it certainly is !

Am i happy to have left FSX and P3Dv3 behind and go all the way with P3Dv4/64 bit ??..... Happy !!??? Heck, i am bolted over with ecstasy !! :-))

Thanks for posting screenshots of the included F-16. I thought mine was broken when I saw the model (wings) the first time.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Approach and landing very difficult because the speedbrakes don't work...

Correction : they do work but you have to hold down the key.
    Last edited by Javis; June 5th, 2017 at 12:14.

Blog Entries
    P3Dv4 doing what it does best....being just plane pretty.

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

finally able to finish a flight without a OOM
    Last edited by jeansy; June 6th, 2017 at 04:50.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post

finally able to finish a flight with a OOM
    Not to many wish for a OOM but hey, it takes all kinds ..

nah, I know what you meant and it must be satisfying to be able to have aa full flight.
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by AusWilko View Post
    Not to many wish for a OOM but hey, it takes all kinds ..

nah, I know what you meant and it must be satisfying to be able to have aa full flight.
    sorry typo, bloody auto correct app I running in firefox

I mean without

quick morning flight to parker az

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​Is that the Alpha Sim/Virtuavia B-24?

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Bare Bone and Basic: settings were set to low, good enough for me right now until I build a machine that can go to the high end.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails On_Patrol.jpg   Su-33b.jpg  
    MFC-27/migbait

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    ​Is that the Alpha Sim/Virtuavia B-24?

sure is and it flys really amazing

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

F-4C over Eglin AFB (Simworks Studios F-4B/N)

Big cities in Europe :

Athene

Istanbul

Moscow

London

If you ask me and IMHO of course, big cities have never ever looked this good and 'performend' this well in any flightsimulator ever !!

Not going to spoil the party by installing Drzewiecki Design New York for the time being ( i believe the're working on P3Dv4 compatible version anyway... ). With P3Dv4 slide shows seem to be a thing of the past but with DDNYC there's a good chance to invite them back in. We'll have to find out sooner or later...

Members who have read this thread: 63