P3D/P4D screenshots redux...oops! - Page 47
Page 47 of 79 FirstFirst ... 37394041424344454647484950515253545557 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1959

Thread: P3D/P4D screenshots redux...oops!

Amazing aircraft!

I can't get enough of this video! This is PBR in real life. Gold from the sun, sun sparkle on the side of the fuse (1:17), and self-reflections just highlight it so well. Look how it dances so playful, floating, not on rails. Just WOW!!! Some day!

https://vimeo.com/320808833
    Last edited by TuFun; October 17th, 2019 at 23:24.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

talking about an 'interesting' texture lay-out...groan..

jk1544

jk1557

jk1555
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

EA-7L

TA-7CH -- out of Araxos

A-7A

Help -- my tail is pregnant!!

We don't see these too often any more, so -- a blast from the past?

Dave

Similar to C-FFAY C-47...

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post

EA-7L

TA-7CH -- out of Araxos

A-7A

Help -- my tail is pregnant!!

We don't see these too often any more, so -- a blast from the past?

Dave
    They sure are, i would like to see a modern version of both although they still work fine in 64bit but feel lacking noting all the new coding for gauges and scripts

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    They sure are, i would like to see a modern version of both although they still work fine in 64bit but feel lacking noting all the new coding for gauges and scripts
    I think you'll have to join the 'hopeful' list -- along with those of us hoping for the RF and British Phantoms.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    I think you'll have to join the 'hopeful' list -- along with those of us hoping for the RF and British Phantoms.

Dave
    Very true, perosnally the 60s to 80s era naval avaition are the most fascinating for me

theres a new skyraider and corsair in the works but hopefully the others will be covered in future opposed to some odd 2004 models that where ported to FSX that work in p3d

Screenshots from P3D V4.

Hello Ted,

Also downloaded your repaint in FSX, ever there the rivet detail is AMAZING!!!!

Is there a possibility to get these rivet details (and more) to the existing repaintkit?

Thanks for considering it!!

Marcel

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Hello Ted,

Also downloaded your repaint in FSX, ever there the rivet detail is AMAZING!!!!

Is there a possibility to get these rivet details (and more) to the existing repaintkit?

Thanks for considering it!!

Marcel
    Currently, there is only the KN628 model that takes advantage of the new PK 4K layout. Sent the PK files to Manfred and will see if anything needs developing further.

Oh, reskinner or repainter or digital painter or artwork developer or graphics designer...

Cool

Hi Ted,
    Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Currently, there is only the KN628 model that takes advantage of the new PK 4K layout. Sent the PK files to Manfred and will see if anything needs developing further.
    When i simply copied your bumps onto the existing model-file i already see a great improvement. Is there a way to contact you directly (see you don't have PM) or should i do it via Manfred?
    Oh, reskinner or repainter or digital painter or artwork developer or graphics designer...
    LOL Marcel

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Hi Ted, When i simply copied your bumps onto the existing model-file i already see a great improvement. Is there a way to contact you directly (see you don't have PM) or should i do it via Manfred? LOL Marcel
    We have a developers forum for the C-47 and in contact with Manfred almost daily. We have something more or less at the moment. Current models will miss the top and bottom of the aft part of the fuselage since those are not mapped.

Question,

Does your model.shiny contain a variation of Banana Bob's GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds?
    I can remove the call for the shiny model in this texture and in P3D V3.4, I don't see any appreciable difference. Lots of rivets, yes.

https://library.avsim.net/search.php...root&Go=Search

BTW what did you retire from? (In you avatar)

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Question,

Does your model.shiny contain a variation of Banana Bob's GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds?
    I can remove the call for the shiny model in this texture and in P3D V3.4, I don't see any appreciable difference. Lots of rivets, yes.

https://library.avsim.net/search.php...root&Go=Search

BTW what did you retire from? (In you avatar)
    No need for Banana Bob, the model.shiny uses P3D Display Settings - Lighting - Dynamic Reflections.

Retiring from forums. I will be the inactive end of the month. My resources are needed elsewhere.

Hi Ted,
    We have a developers forum for the C-47 and in contact with Manfred almost daily. We have something more or less at the moment. Current models will miss the top and bottom of the aft part of the fuselage since those are not mapped.
    Did some further looking then my nose long is ;-) See indeed the extra mapping in your textures. However i think even with the "old" mapping your line and rivet work can greatly enhance repaints on current models/textures. Hope your work will be integrated in the current repaintkits made by Gordon "********" Madison. Do offer my help in integrating it, currently use a modified version for my 4K repaints. With some enhanced details. Kind regards, Marcel

Older models will not work due to distortion on the top and bottom half for panel lines/rivets. I know I tried and this is the best route for HD textures with using the new model. Manfred wouldn't have made the changes if it could be done. You can always give it a shot and see if you can even add round distinct rivets in those two areas. Gman would have done it himself with his paintkits.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    talking about an 'interesting' texture lay-out...groan..

jk1544

jk1557

jk1555
    YES please!!!!

working on it, but the texture layout is driving me 'nuts', everything, and I mean every little thing is mapped separately, down to the different facets of the bolts, aaaaaargh

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    working on it, but the texture layout is driving me 'nuts', everything, and I mean every little thing is mapped separately, down to the different facets of the bolts, aaaaaargh
    Jan please stick in there you have done a great job so far. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails North American RA-5C Vigilante, BuNo 150834, Modex 604, RVAH-13 'Bats', USS Kitty Hawk CVA-63, V.jpg   AT-28D Farm Gate-Jungle Jim, 4440th CCTS, Bien Hoa AB.jpg   F-8K, Bu No 145562, Modex 10, VMF-321, Da Nang AB, Vietnam 1970 - Fiction 2.jpg   North American F-100D Super Sabre, 55-3580, 'Carol Ann-Mary Jane', Major Don Schmenk, 308th TFS,.jpg  
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Members who have read this thread: 51