P3D/P4D screenshots redux...oops! - Page 9
Page 9 of 79 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171959 ... LastLast

Thread: P3D/P4D screenshots redux...oops!

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

That sale at JustFlight was very nice... (yes, I am weak).

And the second one:

Now I guess I need to read some manuals... I could start the Hunter without issues from cold&dark, but the generator (or avionics?) switch never switched to ON, leaving my radios silent ("no electrics" in the ATC window)... The frustrating thing is that the generator switch is right there, but not clickable...

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post

Hi Penz,

Could I ask where you got the Donnet Leveque? It's a fascinating aircraft and looks great in the sim.

Cheers,

Scott
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Sadly, it's not a proper Donnet-Leveque Scott, it's a Lohner S model I found on https://www.classicwings.net/.
    It's the closest resemblance of the Danish flying boat I have been able to find, so that is what I used for the repaint.

- JP
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Ahh. I see. I had no idea what it was to start with anyway, so did some searching. Still a nice and interesting aircraft. Thanks for the info.

Cheers,

Scott
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Out for a very quick flight.

I'm having so much fun with P3D v4 that I just keep pulling old stuff out of the hangar to see what works. I added the Iris F-20 using the ".xml" method and had to do some debugging because gauges isn't spelled guages. Spell it wrong and you don't get gauges! I can't however get the HUD working and the afterburner looks terrible.

Is there a way to use a different afterburner? Thanks.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

On my laptop computer, the pictures I posted in my message above don't appear. I'm woefully unfamiliar with the picture posting process, so I'm going to post a few more for practice. Thanks for your indulgence.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017-9-26_22-4-21-256.jpg   2017-9-26_22-38-29-299.jpg   2017-9-26_22-2-4-947.jpg  
    Jay
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

PMDG DC-6B German Air Force. Repaint is availible now in library.

Thomas

VC-118A Air Force One of 1962 and 1963. PMDG DC-6A model.

Thomas

First time trying to post a ss
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fed Ex night ops.jpg   Fedex in the moonlight.jpg  

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P-70A-1 40-166, Little Hellion, 89th BS, 3rd BG, Moresby, New Guinea, November 1942.jpg   AT-11.jpg   T-45C CoNA Hurricane Irma Weather AGR to NAS Key West.jpg  
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Speaking of: There was a Navy T-45 pranged in eastern Tennessee today. Killed both crewmen. There are unconfirmed rumors that the oxygen system has been becoming toxic to pilots lately. May possibly explain how neither crewman ejected before the crash. Hard to do if you've passed out from hypoxia/poisoning. I would think the Instructor would be well trained in what to do, though. The Navy has some really good quality training devices for hypoxia training in particular, but it can be so insidious, it can get ya before you can recognize it and grab the green ring...
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/02...navy-says.html
    Still, my thoughts go out to the families. I hope they solve the mystery of the crash cause, just to give them closure.
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    I'm having so much fun with P3D v4 that I just keep pulling old stuff out of the hangar to see what works. I added the Iris F-20 using the ".xml" method and had to do some debugging because gauges isn't spelled guages. Spell it wrong and you don't get gauges! I can't however get the HUD working and the afterburner looks terrible.

Is there a way to use a different afterburner? Thanks.
    I went through the same exercise. I was able to get a very reasonable HUD using the F22 HUD from the Raptor Driver (with some minor position/size adjustments in the gauge parameters).

You may be out of luck with the after burner. AFAIK it's part of the exterior MDL so not at all easy to tinker with.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

We were taught in the altitude chamber during basic flight training to recognize the effects of hypoxia, the solution was to go to 100% o2 with the mask...in 10 years of flying, I never doubted my O2 supply or any of my life support equipment. Can't imagine what those T-45 squadrons morale is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Speaking of: There was a Navy T-45 pranged in eastern Tennessee today. Killed both crewmen. There are unconfirmed rumors that the oxygen system has been becoming toxic to pilots lately. May possibly explain how neither crewman ejected before the crash. Hard to do if you've passed out from hypoxia/poisoning. I would think the Instructor would be well trained in what to do, though. The Navy has some really good quality training devices for hypoxia training in particular, but it can be so insidious, it can get ya before you can recognize it and grab the green ring...
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/02...navy-says.html
    Still, my thoughts go out to the families. I hope they solve the mystery of the crash cause, just to give them closure.
    Pat☺
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    I went through the same exercise. I was able to get a very reasonable HUD using the F22 HUD from the Raptor Driver (with some minor position/size adjustments in the gauge parameters).

You may be out of luck with the after burner. AFAIK it's part of the exterior MDL so not at all easy to tinker with.
    Thanks for that tip. I'll give it a try.
    Jay

CeraSim update for P3Dv4.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

v4 + PTA...No other edits

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

We were taught in the altitude chamber during basic flight training to recognize the effects of hypoxia, the solution was to go to 100% o2 with the mask...in 10 years of flying, I never doubted my O2 supply or any of my life support equipment. Can't imagine what those T-45 squadrons morale is right now.
    And, from what I can tell, the training is even better nowadays. After they take a class on hypoxia, they park the pilot in front of a PC based sim, in a small chair like any of use would have, with a control panel from their particular bird, stick, throttle, nothing much better than any home system. They wear their own mask & helmet. BUT, they plug their mask into a special machine they have, with tanks of various gasses. The operator can change the mixture, say O2 to N ratio, to simulate various conditions, altitudes, contaminates, OBOGS failures, and so on, with any timing they want. Even the breakage of a mid-air refueling hose, blasting fuel everywhere. Right after take-off, 2 hours into a flight, whatever. The pilot has to recognize what's happening, and take the appropriate action. Pulling the green handle, descending, whatever.
    Most of the pilots are absolutely amazed to wake up breathing pure O2, and realize they passed out from hypoxia, without ever noticing a thing. Even pilots who've been through the Barometric chamber, like your-self. Those operators are sneaky, and really know their stuff. It also lets the other pilots see what the effects can be, and to recognize them in others, Helping them with checklists, talking them through procedures, taking over radio responsabilites, etc etc.
    Really super good training. It's saved a lot of pilots, especially in planes getting old, and encountering more and more OBOGS failures, like the F/A-18, or T-45. Apparently not perfect though...

Take care!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Members who have read this thread: 39