P3D/P4D screenshots redux...oops! - Page 7
Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151757 ... LastLast

Thread: P3D/P4D screenshots redux...oops!

Today was very Bad weather at Tongass Fjords.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    First shots in P3Dv4
    I have installed the new sim very recently.
    Now slowly installing the various compatible aircraft into it...

And a test flight with the MP Design Gazelle.
    Great screenies, Daube !

And the scenery, clouds, trees (if seperate) are ??....

Merci bien!

Cheers,
    Jan

Thanks Jan

The scenery in my screenshots is the payware FranceVFR Corse (Corsica) PhotoHD.
    It has no autogen but I added the freeware autogen made by Vogel and Jpp, which can be downloaded from there: http://www.f-bmpl.com/index.php/cors...en-version-3-1
    The trees are freeware too. These are made by Oscar (the guy who made that "Terra Emergence Project" textures pack) and can be downloaded from this thread: http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?id=81192 (go to the bottom of the topic for the version 1.1)
    It contains some tree textures which are more transparent (you can choose between two levels of transparency) in order to blend more with the forest color on the photorealistic ground.
    It also needs the freeware "France VFR AGX" autogen definition pack, which you are probably already using since you own a "Regional VFR" product from FranceVFR already.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks Jan

The scenery in my screenshots is the payware FranceVFR Corse (Corsica) PhotoHD.
    It has no autogen but I added the freeware autogen made by Vogel and Jpp, which can be downloaded from there: http://www.f-bmpl.com/index.php/cors...en-version-3-1
    The trees are freeware too. These are made by Oscar (the guy who made that "Terra Emergence Project" textures pack) and can be downloaded from this thread: http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?id=81192 (go to the bottom of the topic for the version 1.1)
    It contains some tree textures which are more transparent (you can choose between two levels of transparency) in order to blend more with the forest color on the photorealistic ground.
    It also needs the freeware "France VFR AGX" autogen definition pack, which you are probably already using since you own a "Regional VFR" product from FranceVFR already.

Merci bien, Daube !

Remarkable... Looks to me as though neither FranceVFR Corse, Vogel/Jpp autogen as well as Oscar's trees are 'officially' P3Dv4 compatible... Your screenshots do look wonderful so i guess no problem with any of these add-ons then ? A while ago i bought Austria Pro because the site says 'P3Dv4 compatible' . Apparently it is not.... More than half of the autogen buildings remain untextured no matter what.

Oscar trees... Do they show up only with the Corse scenery or anywhere else as well ? ( i had trouble with third-party trees a couple of times, freeware as well as payware. Either couldn't get rid of 'em anymore when i wanted to, or they showed up all around the world... )

I have the FSX Corse version, it's very beautiful.

Thanks again, Daube !

Cheers,
    Jan

The sceneries "PhotoHD" by FranceVFR are quite "simple" sceneries which just a big set of BGL files. There are no dlls like OrbX sceneries for example.
    As a consequence, they do not need any kind of conversion for P3Dv4 compatibility. You can simply declare them into your scenery library and you're good to go

The autogen by Vogel and Jpp is in the same situation: just a big set of .AGN files that you should drop into the "texture" folder of the photoscenery (that you might need to create, since photosceneries will probably have only a "scenery" folder but no "texture"...).
    There is no problems linked to 32/64 bits with these.

The trees by Oscar are a bit more special case. They use some kind of alpha blending which works only in P3D, and doesn't work in FSX for example (trees would display well, but they would not be transparent).
    I don't know if they work in P3Dv1 or P3Dv2, but they were made specifically for P3Dv3 and they work beautifully in P3Dv4
    And yes, they are supposed to impact all of the trees (or almost all) in the sim, not just on FranceVFR sceneries.
    I strongly suggest you to make a backup of the P3D\Scenery\Global\Texture folder.

FranceVFR has updated their AGX package just a few weeks ago to make it compatible with P3Dv4. As this package also installs some trees textures (if I'm not mistaken), the Oscar trees should always be installed after, not before AGX.... and maybe the same logic applies to OrbX sceneries.

EDIT: in case you have some additional PhotoHD sceneries, the Vogel and Jpp have also produced the same freeware autogen for the "Rhone Alpes" and "PACA" regions

A small flight with the Sikorsky S-55 from MP Design Studio over the FranceVFR Rhone Alpes PhotoHD scenery with the freeware autogen mentioned above

The sceneries "PhotoHD" by FranceVFR are quite "simple" sceneries which just a big set of BGL files. There are no dlls like OrbX sceneries for example.
    As a consequence, they do not need any kind of conversion for P3Dv4 compatibility. You can simply declare them into your scenery library and you're good to go

The autogen by Vogel and Jpp is in the same situation: just a big set of .AGN files that you should drop into the "texture" folder of the photoscenery (that you might need to create, since photosceneries will probably have only a "scenery" folder but no "texture"...).
    There is no problems linked to 32/64 bits with these.

The trees by Oscar are a bit more special case. They use some kind of alpha blending which works only in P3D, and doesn't work in FSX for example (trees would display well, but they would not be transparent).
    I don't know if they work in P3Dv1 or P3Dv2, but they were made specifically for P3Dv3 and they work beautifully in P3Dv4
    And yes, they are supposed to impact all of the trees (or almost all) in the sim, not just on FranceVFR sceneries.
    I strongly suggest you to make a backup of the P3D\Scenery\Global\Texture folder.

FranceVFR has updated their AGX package just a few weeks ago to make it compatible with P3Dv4. As this package also installs some trees textures (if I'm not mistaken), the Oscar trees should always be installed after, not before AGX.... and maybe the same logic applies to OrbX sceneries.

EDIT: in case you have some additional PhotoHD sceneries, the Vogel and Jpp have also produced the same freeware autogen for the "Rhone Alpes" and "PACA" regions
    Thanks very much for your elaborate explanation, Daube !

I might try it because i do seem to like the trees and i do indeed have France VFR Rhone Alpes and PACA as well along with lots of other France VFR stuff ( i tried "I'll de France" Paris in FSX, very beautiful but the inevitable slide show too, no fun ). On the other hand i have a very stable running P3Dv4. I promised myself not to install stuff that isn't advertised as P3Dv4 compatible so i'm kinda standing at the crossroads here.

And thanks particularly for the backup tip. I don't work with scenery anymore (used to in the 'old days'.. ;-) so i don't know much about it. Great to know where exactly the trees textures are (and possibly every other default scenery object texture as well..) I shall park a copy of this folder on my data HD (i run P3Dv4 from an SSD).

You don't have Austria Pro running in P3Dv4 by any chance, Daube ?.....

Thanks much again ! ;-)

Cheers,
    Jan

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Short landing at Yehiniko Airstrip (Tongass Fjords/RTMM).

Good weather in Brazil; with the Shupe Spartan Executive, and OrbX Landclass SA.

happy that the paint works with the v4 native model

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...irst-airframe/

Pretty good box stock water IMHO.
    Out of KBID Block Island on a clear sunny day.

At a higher altitude departing Barbados.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Ready to let slip at Seattle Seaplanes with Flight Replicas Piper PA-18-160 Super Cub Amphibian.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

SEA Ops

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 39