P3D/P4D screenshots redux...oops! - Page 48
Page 48 of 79 FirstFirst ... 38404142434445464748495051525354555658 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1959

Thread: P3D/P4D screenshots redux...oops!

a bit more progress
    jk1689

I think I found all of the bolts, now for the hinges...

jk1693
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    a bit more progress
    jk1689

I think I found all of the bolts, now for the hinges...

jk1693
    Looking fantastic jankees! Thanks for sticking with it and am really looking forward to flying her around NZ!!

Playing with PBR and MJs freeware C-47v3

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Playing with PBR and MJs freeware C-47v3
    great, me too :-))

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    great, me too :-))

Nice with the comparrison your shots and the above you cant compare pbr to non pbr

It makes a world difference, you are well ahead of me, you should speak with MJ and see if he is willing to for you to release the model and maps

PBR in P3Dv4 definitely has some issues the contrast is way off. I haven't seen a really good one yet done in PBR. I hope P3Dv5 does a better job.

Something more natural done in line with this Lancaster with PBR from MightyArrow.

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    PBR in P3Dv4 definitely has some issues the contrast is way off. I haven't seen a really good one yet done in PBR. I hope P3Dv5 does a better job.

Something more natural done in line with this Lancaster with PBR from MightyArrow.

Again the shaders are the key and how the pbr mapping is done, a blanket same tone of pbr has it flaws compared to a detailed pbr map, seeing several different models and conversions in v4.5 with a variety of shaders you can achieve it,

However not having the pbr capability it and commenting it is another thing just like fs9 vs fsx with the new bump and spec mapping back in 2006 or another analogy is comparing apples to oranges without actually having a orange except for seeing the odd picture you saw on the net
    And refering to a version of p3d that has not been announced or confirmed except for the community speculation is some what of a cop out

For now what we have is what we got and for those of us who use v4.5 we are happy with it compared to whats to offer

From what I can tell screenshots are not friendly for PBR, it has to be seen in motion at least that's what I was told. It seems it's going to take time to figure this out.

I know Manfred is giving PBR a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    From what I can tell screenshots are not friendly for PBR, it has to be seen in motion at least that's what I was told. It seems it's going to take time to figure this out.

I know Manfred is giving PBR a shot.
    Again trying to compare apples with oranges without having one of them

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Have both, apples and oranges ...

I know you do and so do others here who use v4 and have seen pbr in sim, not v3 users commenting on v4 based on images

Btw good comparison images there is a definite difference. Are you doing high gloss, semi gloss and matte maps?

My concern was, to try and see what a polished aluminum surface looks like. TuFun's great repaint was perfect for that.
    Thanks to the metallic texture function, you can adjust every level from complete matt to high gloss polished and every level
    of smoothness of the surface.
    I think too, that the best way to see the full glory of PBR texturing is, when the objects are in motion.
    Imho the problem of PBR texturing is, you have to adjust any single metallic texture for each repaint, if you want to use existing textures.
    There are allone over hundred repaints in my DC-47 folder.

It will be difficult to impossible, to build an metallic texture that worked for all textures.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Again trying to compare apples with oranges without having one of them
    Oranges look pretty sad at the moment. What you guys are showing is not convincing.

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    My concern was, to try and see what a polished aluminum surface looks like. TuFun's great repaint was perfect for that.
    Thanks to the metallic texture function, you can adjust every level from complete matt to high gloss polished and every level
    of smoothness of the surface.
    I think too, that the best way to see the full glory of PBR texturing is, when the objects are in motion.
    Imho the problem of PBR texturing is, you have to adjust any single metallic texture for each repaint, if you want to use existing textures.
    There are allone over hundred repaints in my DC-47 folder.

It will be difficult to impossible, to build an metallic texture that worked for all textures.

I do like the reflections from the ground.

Even if I think the second one in #1189 looks a little too "greasy", it shows in an impressive way how much more realistic PBR makes the difference
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Even if I think the second one in #1189 looks a little too "greasy", it shows in an impressive way how much more realistic PBR makes the difference
    That can be toned down using spec maps, look at the f16 and the LM helicopters in the release, the pbr is done in a way where it stands out on metallic and dulled on with minor patches on paint work

Rick and Aeroplane heaven has demonstrated there is the ability to manipulate the levels

The new P3Dv4-only J 35J Draken.

Dave

Ant's New Tiger Moth

"Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

swissmilsim vampire

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-11-15_15-10-52-123.jpg   2019-11-15_15-10-52-123.jpg   2019-11-15_15-11-13-189.jpg  
    MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

HD PBR textures for the venerable Gooney, now available in the library. Based on Tufun's re-rivetted 'Monty' version.

Members who have read this thread: 39