Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations Bell 206 V2.1 released

Thread: Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations Bell 206 V2.1 released

Blog Entries

Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations Bell 206 V2.1 released

Uploading to Avsim. Fixes code for the visuals and doesn't require the configuration manager to load them, hydraulics switch is in the "On" position when loading the helicopter and other improvements. Now featuring support for the Flight1 GTN750 and NavStax KingNav avionics suite, those expansions and P3DV4 sound module are included. Sling loads are now possible with the utility models as well. Give Avsim time to refresh their library. Enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ERSB206BV2.1.jpg  

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Just a few things, on the door/searchlight panel, the rear cabin doors are reversed when selected (click on right, left opens). Does the baggage door work? On the load manager, I can not de-select the types of skid shoes from bearclaw or ski once selected. I'm seeing the extended right fuel filler port on all models, is this correct?
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Well thanks! Is Owen one of the guys from the old FSD dev group?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

As in the past versions, can both Dodo and older Owen's repaints work after being run through imagetool to convert to .dds? I put on some FS9 US Army .bmp skins to test, I see I need to paint some parts like the WSPS.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    As in the past versions, can both Dodo and older Owen's repaints work after being run through imagetool to convert to .dds? I put on some FS9 US Army .bmp skins to test, I see I need to paint some parts like the WSPS.
    Yes and yes. 95% of the original mapping is intact with only very slight modifications required for older paints to work with the latest version, the fuel range extender is visible on all model and was an aftermarket feature on early Bell 206 series including the 206L and OH58A/C. The paintkit is included in Version 2.0 and can be on avsim and simviation. As for the door issue, I am planning Version 2.2, but I need a break away from the 206 so I can finish the Bell 222 and Bell 429.

Got it, no issues and the model is flyable as is. I've got no VOR functions on the HSI in the GTN models (the only ones I'm testing) with the NAV/GPS switch to NAV. The TOT test switch seems to stick "on". I put in some FS9 Army .bmp paints from Hovercontrol and renamed the "pilot" repaint to match current mapping, it works!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

As usual on my pc, and like the S76, the model crash with xmltools gauge! I don't know why! Maybe a problem with another dll ? Do you know some incompaibilities? JMC

I have the same crash in FSX with XMLTools so I commented it out for now.
    No such problem in P3D3 or 4, the dll is named differently for them though so I edited the panel.cfg's

The other problem I have is the GPS in the VC doesn't work, the 2D popup one work OK its just the VC one thats blank.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

I do the same ...and the GPS in the VC don't work. We need the same cure (lol).
    JMC

the model wont load at all
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Blog Entries
    Models do load fine in P3DV4.3 which is what I am running. They won't show in the selection menu, but will load in the platform. Make sure you are using the included panel/gauge files for P3DV4.

The GPS does work, there is a small power knob on the upper left corner, use Left+Drag to turn it on. My fault for not mentioning this.

As mentioned in the readme file, XMLTools is optional, but is necessary if you wish to use the payload function. Unfortunately I can't provide no support for this DLL, you'll have to get in contact with Tom Aguilo and you can find him on FSDeveloper.

Apart from the XMLTools CTD issue, what issues are you guys having? Maybe I can sort them out.

OK thanks, I got the GPS working.
    I'd tried left clicking, right clicking and rolling the mouse wheel on the power button but left click and drag never occurred to me

The not showing up in the P3D preview window can be fixed with RADItor, I used the numbers from the default FSX 206B and it shows up.
    option parts such as rotors, doors, floats etc. dont show though the same as in FSX.

The only other thing I can think of is that if you select wirecutters, bearpaws or skies in the options you cant unselect them without reloading.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Blog Entries
    For Version 2.2, I will rework the code for all the options.

SOH-CM-2023
    Still getting the HSI 90 degrees off. Pointing north, HSI shows west. And hitting D doesn't help
    You can't take the sky from me...

how to start the engine I am on FSX ACC

and I discovered some problem on FS9 adopted paint high skid version (red circle)

any idea what causing this?

PS:
    can not load the Helicopter when XMLTools is installed/activated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 17072018_045208.jpg  

the fuel range extender is visible on all model and was an aftermarket feature on early Bell 206 series including the 206L and OH58A/C
    For starting, what is your default model in the selection screen in FSX?
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    For starting, what is your default model in the selection screen in FSX?
    what do you exatly mean with default model? I started directly with that model maybe it is better to load default aircraft first?

One of the stock models that shipped with FSX, most use the C-172 or Air Trike. Load the flight up in that model, then switch to the model you want to fly.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 2