Ito's Yak-23 revisited - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ito's Yak-23 revisited

Basepack and first livery uploaded today. Will be available soon !

Cheers
    L'iguane

Members +
    Many thanks, time to play!

Members +
    I just had a quick look at the zip files... are there any cfg's, or must we make our own?

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    I just had a quick look at the zip files... are there any cfg's, or must we make our own?
    Here is mine :

[fltsim.0]
    title=Yak-23 Flora TEST
    sim=Yak-23 Flora
    model=CLN
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=test
    kb_checklists=
    //ui_manufacturer=軍用ジェット機
    //ui_type=Yakovlev Yak-23 "Flora"
    ui_manufacturer=Yakovlev
    ui_type=Yak-23 "Flora"
    ui_typerole=Russian Fighter
    ui_variation=TEST CLN
    description=This was the final iteration of the post-war turbojet designs beginning with the Yak-15 and continuing in the Yak-17 aircraft series. \nAnd this was a single-engine, single-crew jet-powered light-weight day fighter designed on a rudimentary fuselage. \n\nby Kazunori Ito\n KazuIto0926@aol.com\n

[fltsim.1]
    title=Yak-23 Flora TEST TNK
    sim=Yak-23 Flora
    model=TNK
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=test
    kb_checklists=
    ui_manufacturer=Yakovlev
    ui_type=Yak-23 "Flora"
    ui_variation=TEST TNK
    description=This was the final iteration of the post-war turbojet designs beginning with the Yak-15 and continuing in the Yak-17 aircraft series. \nAnd this was a single-engine, single-crew jet-powered light-weight day fighter designed on a rudimentary fuselage. \n\nby Kazunori Ito\n KazuIto0926@aol.com\n

[fltsim.2]
    title=Yak-23 Flora SP-GLK
    sim=Yak-23 Flora
    model=CLN
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=SPGLK
    kb_checklists=
    ui_manufacturer=Yakovlev
    ui_type=Yak-23 "Flora"
    ui_variation=Polish Test Center SP-GLK

[fltsim.3]
    title=Yak-23 Flora CZAF cln
    sim=Yak-23 Flora
    model=CLN
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=CzechAF
    kb_checklists=
    ui_manufacturer=Yakovlev
    ui_type=Yak-23 "Flora"
    ui_variation=Czechoslovak VVS clean

[fltsim.4]
    title=Yak-23 Flora CZAF TNK
    sim=Yak-23 Flora
    model=TNK
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=CzechAF
    kb_checklists=
    ui_manufacturer=Yakovlev
    ui_type=Yak-23 "Flora"
    ui_variation=Czechoslovak VVS tanks

[fltsim.5]
    title=Yak-23 Flora POLAF16 TNK
    sim=Yak-23 Flora
    model=TNK
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=POLAF16
    kb_checklists=
    ui_manufacturer=Yakovlev
    ui_type=Yak-23 "Flora"
    ui_variation=Polish VVS 16 tanks

[fltsim.6]
    title=Yak-23 Flora POLAF1616 TNK
    sim=Yak-23 Flora
    model=TNK
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=POLAF1616
    kb_checklists=
    ui_manufacturer=Yakovlev
    ui_type=Yak-23 "Flora"
    ui_variation=Polish VVS 1616 tanks

[fltsim.7]
    title=Yak-23 Flora VVS52 TNK
    sim=Yak-23 Flora
    model=TNK
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=VVS52
    kb_checklists=
    ui_manufacturer=Yakovlev
    ui_type=Yak-23 "Flora"
    ui_variation=Soviet VVS 52 tanks

[fltsim.8]
    title=Yak-23 Flora BUAF23 TNK
    sim=Yak-23 Flora
    model=TNK
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=BUAF23
    kb_checklists=
    ui_manufacturer=Yakovlev
    ui_type=Yak-23 "Flora"
    ui_variation=Bulgarian VVS tanks

[fltsim.9]
    title=Yak-23 Flora ROAF52 TNK
    sim=Yak-23 Flora
    model=TNK
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=ROAF52
    kb_checklists=
    ui_manufacturer=Yakovlev
    ui_type=Yak-23 "Flora"
    ui_variation=Romanian VVS 52 tanks

[fltsim.10]
    title=Yak-23 Flora mat
    sim=Yak-23 Flora
    model=CLN
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=MAT
    kb_checklists=
    ui_manufacturer=Yakovlev
    ui_type=Yak-23 "Flora"
    ui_variation=mat

[fltsim.11]
    title=Yak-23 Flora usaf
    sim=Yak-23 Flora
    model=CLN
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=USAF
    kb_checklists=
    ui_manufacturer=Yakovlev
    ui_type=Yak-23 "Flora"
    ui_variation=USAF FU-599

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Hi Mario,
    MCX is the one, but you may have re-do the animatiions.

Cheers

Shessi

As animations would not be problems, but the MCX does not open the model, in the case is a Yak -15
    English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookman1960 View Post
    Thank you sir.

So is this utility available somewhere?

KB
    If you mean "Shiny," it's available here in the SOH library. It was originally a command line program named "Shine" written by Ivan Hsu, then Jeff Delhay (I think) gave it a Windows interface so it could be used easily in WinXP. Alas, it won't run in post-XP operating systems unless you have "virtual XP," as I have in my old, wood-burning Win7pro rig.

Shiny can enable reflectivity in models built without that feature enabled. It can also set the level of specular gloss to your choice of full gloss, semi-gloss, semi-matte or dead flat.

There is one thing to beware of with the reflective feature. In some models (not that many, but it seems like always the ones you want to work on) enabling reflection will make the VC plane reflective, giving the VC instrument panel a horrible reflective silver finish. There is a fix for this but it requires modeling skills and tools that I lack, so I can't use it, but some folks can. Thankfully you don't have to do this with most models.

The specular gloss setting seems to work on any model without any problems. And yes, a model can be both glossy and reflective at the same time.

It's good to remember the difference. Reflection makes a finish look like polished metal. Even when it's a color other than silver, it still looks reflective, like anodized metal. Specular gloss looks like glossy paint. The two are not really interchangeable, though some painters fail to recognize that and produce skins that don't look quite right.

Also note that a model can not have both reflectivity and transparency enabled at the the same time. If someone used transparency in a texture to make some part of the model transparent or invisible, enabling reflections will remove the transparency.

Thanks for this l'iguane, im a sucker for early cold war metal. Model and texture's work just fine for me in FSX

Ian, I'm glad it's working on FsX so you can enjoy it too

L'iguane

L'iguane,

Thanks for all your hard work on this - she's a real beauty. One small thing I've noticed is that the cockpit.bmp file that you include with your repaints is missing some details such as the instrument panel. It's easy enough to replace the file with the one from Ito's original but I wondered if you had reworked the file (with improvements) and had failed to include the latest version?

Cheers,

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Quote Originally Posted by rgatkinson View Post
    L'iguane,

Thanks for all your hard work on this - she's a real beauty. One small thing I've noticed is that the cockpit.bmp file that you include with your repaints is missing some details such as the instrument panel. It's easy enough to replace the file with the one from Ito's original but I wondered if you had reworked the file (with improvements) and had failed to include the latest version?

Cheers,

Taff
    Hi Taff,

Thanks for these encouraging words
    I'm lacking time to rework the cockpit & VC textures and gauges, but it's on the way !
    As soon as able I'll do some work on it. Also If someone is willing to assist with cockpit texture, he/she is very welcome !

Cheers
    L'iguane

Thank you very much for these, l'iguane. These are great!

Brian

Members +
    Hi L'iguane

I see that there is a MAT texture in your config file.
    It this texture available?

Many thanks for your work,
    Robin
    (Cape Town, South Africa)

Hi L'iguane

I see that there is a MAT texture in your config file.
    It this texture available?

Many thanks for your work,
    Robin
    (Cape Town, South Africa)
    Hi zswobbie,

Good notice !

It's a painted green uncompleted livery for testing purpose !
    I may finish it & release later, but will be fictional.

Cheers
    L'iguane

Members +
    No problem with fictional at all!
    The late Garry Smith of The Ford Tri-Motor Project always said that simming is a combination of Fun, Facts & Fiction, & we need fun

No problem with fictional at all!
    The late Garry Smith of The Ford Tri-Motor Project always said that simming is a combination of Fun, Facts & Fiction, & we need fun
    Then I'll see what I can do !

and Wow, I did check at the library, the yak-23 base pack got a hundred of hit
    I'm very glad of the attention SOH simmers pay to my uploads !

Cheers
    L'iguane

Members +
    Many thanks, I'm sure that there are many of us looking forward to that, and whatever else you create.

Members who have read this thread: 0