Aéronautique Militaire in WW1

Thread: Aéronautique Militaire in WW1

Aéronautique Militaire in WW1

So i'm doing some mod work in my WWI install and was reminded that after all these years, i still don't have a UIRES set for the Aéronautique Militaire. Is something like this available?

It seems that every available CFS2 French ac i have is country-allegianced to the USA in the country.cfg via the dp's misc sections, which makes the French selection dependent on stock WW2 screens, backgrounds and medals. I could painstakingly go through the global hangar and align them all to the British allegiance as better improvisation, but i was hoping for a French alternative if possible.

Being that the French historically had the world's largest air force at the time of the armistice, it would seem logical that the past CFS2 WW1 designers would have made a French UIRES package available someplace that i've overlooked.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

bearcat

I know of 3 WWI UIRES sets

Aerocrate's which didn't really cover France, only England and Germany. France was country 10 in that Country.cfg file.

The second was PomBee's partially completed UIRES files which had France, USAS, USNAS, Australia. Belgium, Canadian, Austro-Hungary, Russia, Italy, Ottoman in addition to the RAF, RNAS, and France. But partially completed means just what it says, only a limited portion of the UIRES files for each were completed, mostly out and debrief screens, and most others not done. No cfg was with the zip.

The third was Pilot Office Prune's Great War Screens which only cover England and Germany. France was country 17 in that Country.cfg file.

Maybe someone else knows of other sets.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thanks for the reply CK. Can't understand why a nation that contributed so greatly to the war effort in air and on the ground would be excluded by CFS2 designers in theater UIRES representation on the Western Front, while the same game designers built French models for our hangars and gave them US allegiance.

Its common knowledge that the French had some of the war's greatest aces and a huge air force, as i mentioned before.

You know, in retrospect, this might have been an intentional omission. As i recall, this whole CFS2 WW1 theater effort began to gain traction during the period between 9/11 and the following second Iraq war. There was a lot of geo-political debate and fallout around the forums in those days, seemingly centered on the justifications of the Iraq invasion. Things got a bit testy between members of certain nationalities. I remember some guys trading blows over the issues along national lines.

...or not.

Oh well, i might be able to cobble together something more fitting from my assortment of WW2 France nationality uires stuff...anything's better than stock USN at this point.

I have been looking at the holes in my WW1 install for some months now. One of the glaring omissions is a complete French entry in the country cfg. What puzzles me, is the absence of French medals for pilot bravery compared to the awards for, say, the German awards or the British awards, both of which had awards specific to particular air wings. For example the Imperial German medals specify zeppelin service awards and pilot awards, as well as observer bravery awards. So far I have only come up with the Croix de Guerre for the French air service, with additional ribbons awarded for further acts of bravery or the accomplishment of significant objectives.
    Has anyone found other French awards along the lines of the Aerocrate awards for the RFC and Germany?

Doh.......Always best to check your notes rather than trust your memory. While many French pilots were awarded the Croix de Guerre, there were also aces who were awarded the Medaille Militaire. The award of the Legion d'Honneur is really not one award but two:the Chevalier of the Legion d'Honneur and the Officier. The Croix award was divided into 4 divisions, each with a ribbon to which was fastened a star or a palme.
    Last edited by Ravenna; July 7th, 2018 at 20:41.

Well, here is all I can find....But they are NOT the uries that are being looked for.

http://www.theaerodrome.com/medals/france/index.php

Sorry
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

Thanks Dave,

I have that link in my bookmarks/favs. Looks like i found some appropriate era stuff in my archives that i overlooked. The French Air Service is now in business here

BC,
    when you complete them I will be more than happy to post them in the WWI section of the FFS.

http://thefreeflightsite.com/WW1_CFS2.htm

I hope you enjoy your trip to Atlanta, the airport is so busy it sucks, leave yourself plenty of time....

Its not my work. Its something i downloaded in the past and forgot i had it and where it came from. I don't even have a readme in it from the author as a point of reference for distribution to others. I'm afraid it won't be something i'll be posting in the near future for that reason.

Regarding my "trip to the ATL", you might recall that i'm the resident, not the visitor...that would be you

BC , I would have bet money you lived in NJ.........??
    Maybe the meds they have me on are making me lose it....
    I thought you were visiting Atlanta.....

As far as the Uries, I will post them if they are that old, worst
    that could happen is someone would ask me to take them down,

Lost on meds in Biloxi....

Members who have read this thread: 0