Bruno Duffort P51D

Thread: Bruno Duffort P51D

Icon5 Bruno Duffort P51D

Hi

I've being looking thru library.... and found there's no paints for this model..... find this kinda odd.... there's has to be..... maybe i searched wrong.... could someone point us in the right direction.

Also this has breaking parts is there a way to not make them break so easily..... find this alot unrealistic.

Cheers mav

That is not strange, but quite common for models in which Bruno was involved. The model is actually done by Pascal Auterive (Asterix). With textures, flightmodel and dp file by Bruno Duffort.

Bruno Duffort did normally forbid people to repaint models for which he had done the original textures. So maybe there are repaint done, but these were never made available simply because Bruno didn't allow that. When somebody broke his rules, he would withdraw the original model and ensure it was not longer available for download.

Models done by this French group (DDD) were only available via a site maintained by Bruno and all files were secured with a password. When Bruno didn't like you, or when he though you were a friend of Ken Stallings, you simply didn't get the password.

Yep, those were the harsh day of CFS2

Cheers,
    Huub

Icon4 Odd

That's rather odd..... then he definitely wouldn't like what I'm doin to his model...... lol

Thx for answer Huub.... now who's brave enuff to do some textures????

Cheerz mav

Ps huub you're gonna have to give us a pic of your avatar... lol

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    When Bruno thought you were a friend of Ken Stallings, you simply didn't get the password.
    Huub
    Sounds like poetic justice Huub!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Sounds like poetic justice Huub!
    I don't understand????

Not really a good answer.... but way to get your posts count up.
    Last edited by mav; July 6th, 2018 at 02:06.

Mav, sorry I fully understand that Wombat's answer doesn't make any sense when you weren't there in those day......

But obviously he was there in the harsh days when CFS2 was still the standard!

But both Bruno and Ken were legends from opposite sides..... They demanded your support and when you didn't support them you were automatically in the other camp and an enemy!

Cheers,
    Huub

Edit: And to get a copy from my avatar, just right-click on it and select save as image.....

Cool

Hi Huub.... better answer..... legends in their own minds .....more like it. Lol. Cheers mav
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DoubleOrNuthin.jpg  

Cool

In the time of posting....and waitin for responses.

I was able t o scasmLOD and add a better pilot.

Now for the real tedious task of redoing vc gauges...which some bright spark royally stuffed up.

Cheers mav

PS.... still doesn't really answer textures thing.....meh.... not a biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    Also this has breaking parts is there a way to not make them break so easily..... find this alot unrealistic.Cheers mav
    Hey mav,

Look in the *.dp file.

[SYSTEMS]
    system.0=%system_name.0%,553,0
    system.1=%system_name.1%,276,2
    system.2=%system_name.2%,415,3
    system.3=%system_name.3%,138,7
    system.4=%system_name.4%,103,8
    """ """

Gunstation of attacking aircraft... 1d1*14 = +14 added to damage box of flyer aircraft for 1 bullet passing through it.

system.0=%system_name.0%,553,0 ---- 553 / 14 = 39.5 bullet passing's.

553 is the number to change. Increase or decrease by %.

Windows handy dandy calculator.
    Increasing, the aircraft absorbs more damage.

Thx Dave

I'll try that

Cheers mav

Edit: i was eating

VC gauges done and set at higher resolution 1024,1024.... previous was a silly 256,256 res plus $ panel in cfg was wrong so gauges didn't show... so changed to correct $VCMAIN Texture .... rough as guts but i really hate doing this kinda thing.

Not exactly anything like wozza's P51D gone rogue version....i done...but still another p51d none the less.

Cheers mav
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VC_gauges.jpg  
    Last edited by mav; July 6th, 2018 at 07:29.

Hi Mav

Nice looking model. I guess I still prefer the Alphasim P-51D as the most accurate and refined model though, and it's without all the drama. Lots of extra skins available for her as well, some by Morton, some by me and still more by others. The drawback is that it is a no LOD model. I guess the pilot could be improved a bit too. Anyway you might like to tackle her?
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Hey long time no see....

Already did it.... don't like it...the most accurate model is Warwick Carter aka wozza... as seen here new pilot ,guns and scasmLOD.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1144582

M

Hi Mav

Well sure. I guess I should clarify that I meant of the generally available CFS2 models. There's a whole host of current FSX payware models that are superior too; Warbirdsim, A2A, Just Flight, Flight1, etc.

Alpha released their old models so they could be converted/modified so they're available to all of us. But I think Wozza's still have a repaints only restriction on them for public consumption (I could be wrong here)? Anyway, would you consider sharing your SCASM'ed MultiLOD Alpha model even though you didn't like it much?
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Hi Mav

Well sure. I guess I should clarify that I meant of the generally available CFS2 models. There's a whole host of current FSX payware models that are superior too; Warbirdsim, A2A, Just Flight, Flight1, etc.

Alpha released their old models so they could be converted/modified so they're available to all of us. But I think Wozza's still have a repaints only restriction on them for public consumption (I could be wrong here)? Anyway, would you consider sharing your SCASM'ed MultiLOD Alpha model even though you didn't like it much?
    Way to hijack the thread i started..... i fail to see what this has to do textures for Bruno's p51......

Ck .... you seem more excited for alpha p51 than you were for the 109s i did..remember them ... the alpha p51 is keepin the 10 bf109s i did company..... end of subject.

I'm assuming there's no textures so question been answered.... thread closed

Cheers mav

ND thanks for link scored andrew Awai p51d ....was looking for that.

Icon28 Reply...

Hey guys,

Let's not snipe at each other...I am closing this thread.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Members who have read this thread: 0