Carenado D18 released - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Carenado D18 released

Thread Dead

I had been waiting for the updated interior and kinda forgot this thread. THEN my computer "crashed and burned". After hours of efforts and a factory default reinstall of just Windows 7 and drivers, I was able to diagnose that the HDD has dead sectors. I found a new Hard Disk but have to wait for payday in 3 weeks to get it. In the meantime, I looked high and low for file backups. Sadly all my AAF training fields are gone except for Hawthorne which was in the Dropbox.

I found by the grace of the Good Lord that I DID backup this C45 US Army texture so I am uploading it to the Warbird library as i was supposed to do. If you want a copy check it out later when its approved.

Richard

Repaint Alligator Airways.. here it is if you are looking..f

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post

cheers Ralf
    https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php...gator-airways/

Bob M.

Can someone do a repaint for A Carendo D18 in Piedmont

I have and I have talked with Milton Shupe regarding the orig D18S he has done and nothing better (well maybe..lol) but the problem I have is the original won't taxi correctly. I am using it as an AI. All of the Piedmont D18S are in the hanger for now because of that. There is a repaint that was done by:GLENN BAKER for the aircraft done by Beech D 18 by Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas and André Folkers

Even the Carendo goes around in a circle at start and then catches on. It could be my afcad....ADE for KINT that I have redone.
    The aircraft cfg section is like this: for the repaint. The repaint is here: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...ines-beech-18/

[fltsim.x]

title=Beech NOVC
    sim=D18S
    model=novc
    panel=novc
    sound=
    texture=pa
    kb_checklists=Beech18_check
    kb_reference=Beech18_ref
    atc_id=N41V
    atc_id_color = 0xffffffff
    atc_parking_types = RAMP
    atc_parking_code = 1
    ui_manufacturer=Beechcraft MSA
    ui_type="D18S NOVC"
    ui_variation="Piedmont Air"
    description="B18 NOVC"
    atc_heavy=0
    atc_airline=
    atc_flight_number=
    description=

The paint probably can't be used unless someone who is knowledgeable to redo the bmps or just do one from scratch.
    This is it:

https://imgur.com/UJOREL9

Would consider paying someone to do it for the Carendo.... I really don't think I have the skills to do this..lol
    If someone knows how or where to find a newer paint..let me know. I wrote Glenn Baker but no response. Don't know if he is even still with us..unless someone knows him.
    Thanks,
    warmest Regards,
    Bob M.

Hope whoever might paint one for you gets it more accurate to Piedmont's scheme than shown here, there's a nice Piedmont DC-3 paint on the web for the MAAM DC-3, perhaps can be adopted from that ?, however Piedmont never flew this a/c, they flew- DC-3, F-27, M404, FH-227B, YS-11, B721, B732, in this scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by jymp View Post
    Hope whoever might paint one for you gets it more accurate to Piedmont's scheme than shown here, there's a nice Piedmont DC-3 paint on the web for the MAAM DC-3, perhaps can be adopted from that ?, however Piedmont never flew this a/c, they flew- DC-3, F-27, M404, FH-227B, YS-11, B721, B732, in this scheme.
    LOL....damn...had me fooled.. It looked so good..thought it had to be true. I have the DC3... I have all the planes. I worked for Piedmont in early 70's and remember the M404 and the YS11 and just brought in the 737's. Never flew on a Piedmont Dc3 but did fly on my cousins' DC3 when a young guy. Great aircraft.

Anyway, thank you for ruining my day ...just kiddin but hey I still want one.....It can fly with all my other Piedmonts at my totally new Winston Salem airport that in reality is a ghost town. Our new airport has a McDonald's "fly-thru"...lol

Warmest Regards!!
    Bob M.

No problem bud, grew up a Piedmont fan here in NC, remember the FH-227 and YS-11's coming in low over the house into DAN back in the day, you could here those RR Darts coming for miles, lol

For the rest of us that are reluctant to open their wallets, though I am considering it for this one, Milton Shupes d18s reworked are a good alternativ. It is so good I have trouble see the need for the carenado beech. I might cave on this one.....

This is now on sale but did someone succeed to get rid of GPS?

Rid Of GPS

Can you explain what you mean by "rid of GPS" do you NOT WANT IT at all or substitute it for another or what? I can help you with that on how to do it if I know what you want to do.

I went through this discussuion and it was indeed you who was about to mod something with the GPS. Yes, if I buy it it would be nice to get it with steam gauges or just have the instrument panel without modern equipment. Default COM/NAV radios would suffice to me.

Didn't Remember

I didn't remember answering you before. I just looked in FSPS at the panel of the Carenado D18S and the way the virtual cockpit is created by Carenado I don't believe that you can do what you want. You can probably modify Milton's and he is available to ask questions. Carenado doesn't answer questions about modifying any of their aircraft.

You can either change in panel.cfg this( if you have Uncel Milton's D18)

[Vcockpit01]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=512,512
    visible=0
    pixel_size=512,512
    texture=$Panel_1

//gauge00=GPS530_3D_BE18!GPS_530_3D, 0,0,512,372
    gauge00=ST_D18!radio, 0,0,512,372

gauge01=BE18CAR!ToggleCARG1000, 64,0,384,32

But still you have the Garmin frame

Or you change model.cfg to this

[models]
    normal=D18
    interior=D18_interior_GTNx64

Then you get that

My 2 cents

Roland
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-3-22_22-41-46-467.jpg   2020-3-22_22-30-29-549.jpg   2020-3-22_22-27-7-177.jpg  

Oh I see. Thanks for your effort. It seems that I'm skipping this. I remember Carenado talking that this plane would get steam gauges option...

I think that vintage thing is Aeroplane Heaven Aztec where you can shift old and new radios

Members who have read this thread: 1