Carenado D18 released
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carenado D18 released

Carenado D18 released

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    OMG! Now that's how you do metal.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Excellent pic last shot there!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Icon9 It Looks Great!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I have just purchased. BUT though it is advertised for FSX/P3D, when I get to the "Chose your platform" page it shows FSX Steam and P3D only. There appears to be no tick box for FSX, so I can't go any further with the downloading process. I have FSX Gold etc. ANY IDEAS PLEASE. I've never had any problem with previous Carenado Downloads

Quote Originally Posted by Catboat View Post
    I have just purchased. BUT though it is advertised for FSX/P3D, when I get to the "Chose your platform" page it shows FSX Steam and P3D only. There appears to be no tick box for FSX, so I can't go any further with the downloading process. I have FSX Gold etc. ANY IDEAS PLEASE. I've never had any problem with previous Carenado Downloads
    I installed with the FSX selection. The option was hard to see for some reason, but it's there on the far left.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I am totally stunned by the beauty of this model.

Outstanding! The cockpit looks good too, from their video. I'll have to spring for this.

Anyone up for doing an Air America repaint?? I would be most appreciative!

Dutch

Silly Me

Quote Originally Posted by Catboat View Post
    Apologies to all!! Must be old age(anyway that's my excuse). Found the appropriate tick box tucked away near the bottom left side of the right engine.

Absolutely gorgeous. Just beautiful with a an FDE to match. She flies as good as she looks and all at a reasonable price. Anyone who's a fan of the D18, this one's for you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-7-6_12-14-33-216.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	61660

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    I installed with the FSX selection. The option was hard to see for some reason, but it's there on the far left.
    That's correct. I missed it the first time I tried to install. The FSX option is far left and hard to see...

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous. Just beautiful with a an FDE to match. She flies as good as she looks and all at a reasonable price. Anyone who's a fan of the D18, this one's for you.

D18 Lover here
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

An Army Air Corps C-45 like "Beech Baby" or just a plain bare aluminum one would be a great repaint as well.

That looks stunning. Thanks for the h/u.

Is there a cockpit configuration with steam gauges only?

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Icon12

I was going to ask if there was something wrong with the props left and right, as all the screenshots on the carenado site show the props of each engine to be lined up with each other regardless, but I see a couple of the screenshots here depicting the props to be in different positions and not parallel to one another...

It looks nice enough, how does it do otherwise? I have seen a couple of posts over at avsim relating to missing dynamic lighting effects...

A
    Per Ardua ad Astra

All they need is an amphibian model and they will most likely have the top seller Carenado ever had!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-7-7_11-10-48-153.jpg   2018-7-7_11-18-28-13.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by doublecool View Post
    All they need is an amphibian model and they will most likely have the top seller Carenado ever had!

they did a smoking job for sure would love to see them do a Modified version with nose gear setup

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by alehead View Post
    It looks nice enough, how does it do otherwise? I have seen a couple of posts over at avsim relating to missing dynamic lighting effects...
    The Carenado D18S is a wonderful aircraft! And it is almost bug free too. They don't use some of the P3Dv4 features and use their own effects insteed. But as the aircraft looks gorgeous that is not much of a problem.

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post
    The Carenado D18S is a wonderful aircraft! And it is almost bug free too. They don't use some of the P3Dv4 features and use their own effects insteed. But as the aircraft looks gorgeous that is not much of a problem.

Greetings
    Tim
    I'm noticing the nav1 freq also controls nav2 gauge. Are you seeing this?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Hi Ryan,

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    I'm noticing the nav1 freq also controls nav2 gauge. Are you seeing this?
    yes, I can confirm this. I'm having the same issue.

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

I bought it too.Very very nice.
    Expensive though.I got a shock
    after I had paid.It was almost
    $50 Australian.

I still like Milton's As well.

Anthin.

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post

Hi,
    nice paints
    were are the downloads for your repaints?
    OZX is down

cheers Ralf

Members who have read this thread: 1