Carenado D18 released
Contribute Now
Goal amount for this year: 10000 USD, Received: 10,500.00 USD (105%)
Welcome Back, Unregistered     Today's Date:       Current Time: 

Please Support the SOH "2020 Charter Membership Drive"




Accepted Payment Types

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 90

Thread: Carenado D18 released

  1. #1
    Senior Administrator Roger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    EGCD...they bulldozed it!
    Age
    68
    Posts
    9,735

    Carenado D18 released

    SYSTEM :
    OS:Win7 Home Premium 64 bit UAC OFF!
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

    To err is human; to forgive is divine

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    OMG! Now that's how you do metal.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

  3. #3




    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

  4. #4
    Excellent pic last shot there!
    FAA FCM ATCT
    PPL ASEL

    |Win7 x64 | Gigabyte P67A UD4 B3 | Intel i5 2500k @ 4GHz | eVGA GTX980 | 4x4 GB DDR3 RAM | 500GB Samsung 840 Evo SSD | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint | 120GB Mushin Callisto SSD | 36GB Raptor | 250GB Seagate | Seasonic X750w | Corsair 650D|

  5. #5

    Icon9 It Looks Great!

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I have just purchased. BUT though it is advertised for FSX/P3D, when I get to the "Chose your platform" page it shows FSX Steam and P3D only. There appears to be no tick box for FSX, so I can't go any further with the downloading process. I have FSX Gold etc. ANY IDEAS PLEASE. I've never had any problem with previous Carenado Downloads

  6. #6
    SOH-CM-2020 WarHorse47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Great Pacific Northwest
    Age
    73
    Posts
    3,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Catboat View Post
    I have just purchased. BUT though it is advertised for FSX/P3D, when I get to the "Chose your platform" page it shows FSX Steam and P3D only. There appears to be no tick box for FSX, so I can't go any further with the downloading process. I have FSX Gold etc. ANY IDEAS PLEASE. I've never had any problem with previous Carenado Downloads
    I installed with the FSX selection. The option was hard to see for some reason, but it's there on the far left.
    -- WH

    If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

  7. #7
    I am totally stunned by the beauty of this model.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

  8. #8
    Outstanding! The cockpit looks good too, from their video. I'll have to spring for this.

    Anyone up for doing an Air America repaint?? I would be most appreciative!

    Dutch

  9. #9

    Silly Me

    Quote Originally Posted by Catboat View Post
    I have just purchased. BUT though it is advertised for FSX/P3D, when I get to the "Chose your platform" page it shows FSX Steam and P3D only. There appears to be no tick box for FSX, so I can't go any further with the downloading process. I have FSX Gold etc. ANY IDEAS PLEASE. I've never had any problem with previous Carenado Downloads
    Apologies to all!! Must be old age(anyway that's my excuse). Found the appropriate tick box tucked away near the bottom left side of the right engine.

  10. #10
    Absolutely gorgeous. Just beautiful with a an FDE to match. She flies as good as she looks and all at a reasonable price. Anyone who's a fan of the D18, this one's for you.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-7-6_12-14-33-216.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	61660

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    I installed with the FSX selection. The option was hard to see for some reason, but it's there on the far left.
    That's correct. I missed it the first time I tried to install. The FSX option is far left and hard to see...



    Gunnar van der Meeren

    FSX/Acc/P3D v4.5/Win10/ASUS Z67 I7 2600K 4.4GHZ/32GB DDR3 1600MHZ/500GB SSD/1TB HDD (FSX)/1TB SSD (P3D v4)/msi GeForce GTX 1070 8GB



  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous. Just beautiful with a an FDE to match. She flies as good as she looks and all at a reasonable price. Anyone who's a fan of the D18, this one's for you.

    D18 Lover here
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS


    THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

  13. #13
    An Army Air Corps C-45 like "Beech Baby" or just a plain bare aluminum one would be a great repaint as well.

  14. #14
    That looks stunning. Thanks for the h/u.

    Is there a cockpit configuration with steam gauges only?



    Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

    Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.net/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.net/download...2013-02-05.zip


    Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

  15. #15
    You can find most of my repaints in the library here on the outhouse

  16. #16

    Icon12

    I was going to ask if there was something wrong with the props left and right, as all the screenshots on the carenado site show the props of each engine to be lined up with each other regardless, but I see a couple of the screenshots here depicting the props to be in different positions and not parallel to one another...



    It looks nice enough, how does it do otherwise? I have seen a couple of posts over at avsim relating to missing dynamic lighting effects...

    A
    Per Ardua ad Astra

  17. #17
    All they need is an amphibian model and they will most likely have the top seller Carenado ever had!


    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-7-7_11-10-48-153.jpg   2018-7-7_11-18-28-13.jpg  

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by doublecool View Post
    All they need is an amphibian model and they will most likely have the top seller Carenado ever had!


    they did a smoking job for sure would love to see them do a Modified version with nose gear setup

    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS


    THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by alehead View Post
    It looks nice enough, how does it do otherwise? I have seen a couple of posts over at avsim relating to missing dynamic lighting effects...
    The Carenado D18S is a wonderful aircraft! And it is almost bug free too. They don't use some of the P3Dv4 features and use their own effects insteed. But as the aircraft looks gorgeous that is not much of a problem.

    Greetings
    Tim

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post
    The Carenado D18S is a wonderful aircraft! And it is almost bug free too. They don't use some of the P3Dv4 features and use their own effects insteed. But as the aircraft looks gorgeous that is not much of a problem.

    Greetings
    Tim
    I'm noticing the nav1 freq also controls nav2 gauge. Are you seeing this?
    FAA FCM ATCT
    PPL ASEL

    |Win7 x64 | Gigabyte P67A UD4 B3 | Intel i5 2500k @ 4GHz | eVGA GTX980 | 4x4 GB DDR3 RAM | 500GB Samsung 840 Evo SSD | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint | 120GB Mushin Callisto SSD | 36GB Raptor | 250GB Seagate | Seasonic X750w | Corsair 650D|

  21. #21
    Hi Ryan,

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    I'm noticing the nav1 freq also controls nav2 gauge. Are you seeing this?
    yes, I can confirm this. I'm having the same issue.

    Greetings
    Tim

  22. #22
    I bought it too.Very very nice.
    Expensive though.I got a shock
    after I had paid.It was almost
    $50 Australian.

    I still like Milton's As well.

    Anthin.

  23. #23
    You can find most of my repaints in the library here on the outhouse

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post

    Hi,
    nice paints
    were are the downloads for your repaints?
    OZX is down

    cheers Ralf

  25. #25
    You can find most of my repaints in the library here on the outhouse

Members who have read this thread: 204

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •