FS2004 Views mucked up help!

Thread: FS2004 Views mucked up help!

FS2004 Views mucked up help!

Long time away from FS9 and I was toying with various addons for improved views (the S key ones) and I have mucked up the first outside view somehow, now the a/c is miles away - I think it is the Tower view. At any rate it is the S key press immediately after the VC view.

Is there a quick way to reset views to default or an edit I can use? There does not seem to be an equivalent Cameras.cfg as there is in FSX.

Help please.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

I believe if from the top bar of the main screen that shows 'Flights, Aircraft, World', etc. You click Options - Controls - Assignments which brings you to a window. There is a button 'Reset Defaults'. Clicking that should get you back to square one.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

Quote Originally Posted by aeromed202 View Post
    I believe if from the top bar of the main screen that shows 'Flights, Aircraft, World', etc. You click Options - Controls - Assignments which brings you to a window. There is a button 'Reset Defaults'. Clicking that should get you back to square one.
    Thanks - that worked, unfortunately with the drawback of all my settings being wiped out. Blub
    Corsair 850W PSU
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

If I happens again just click the View menu, then View Options on the drop-down. That will bring up the screen where you can adjust each of the available views. You probably had Spot View set for a long distance and you could've adjusted that in two seconds without affecting anything else. There was no need to reset your Controls options (which apparently included global options of every sort) to re-set the View options.

I wonder - have both of you guys been spending so much time of the Dark Side that you can't remember something so simple and basic about FS9? See where that got you?!

Curses! Never mind what is done is now fixed, so thanks all for the input. Yes distracted by P3D, FSX, IL2 and DCS to some extent. Reinstalled FS9 to use some Russian aircraft that are more suited there than elsewhere.
    Corsair 850W PSU
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Members who have read this thread: 0