New, from Dino!! USS America, LHA-6! Free! - Page 2
Contribute Now
Goal amount for this year: 10000 USD, Received: 6,755.00 USD (68%)
Welcome Back, Unregistered     Today's Date:       Current Time: 

Please Support the SOH "2020 Charter Membership Drive"




Accepted Payment Types

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 40 of 40

Thread: New, from Dino!! USS America, LHA-6! Free!

  1. #26

    Aircraft models

    There are some very nice aircraft staged on the LHAs.
    Very nice models with detailed textures, all with a higher detail of realism then I've currently seen available elsewhere.
    Would it be possible to have individual aircraft models so that they could be placed using AICarriers.?
    MV-22, CH-53, Seahawks & F-35s..?

    Thanks...

  2. #27
    Can someone post the individual entries required to get this to work in AI carriers I.E , clean , f-35 etc , rather than all three versions together , I have tried but cant get it to work
    Please
    thanks in advance

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by top gun View Post
    Can someone post the individual entries required to get this to work in AI carriers I.E , clean , f-35 etc , rather than all three versions together , I have tried but cant get it to work
    Please
    thanks in advance
    Can you confirm you have been able to see all three LHAs side by side..?

    One way of doing it...

    [formation.xx]
    title=LHA-6_Empty
    unit.0=USS America LHA-6 (empty deck), 0, 0


    [formation.xx]
    title=LHA-6_F35
    unit.0=USS America LHA-6 (F-35 operations),0, 0


    [formation.xx]
    title=LHA-6_MV-22
    unit.0=USS America LHA-6 (MV-22 operations),0, 0

  4. #29
    Seahawk72s

    Originally Posted by top gun
    Can someone post the individual entries required to get this to work in AI carriers I.E , clean , f-35 etc , rather than all three versions together , I have tried but cant get it to work
    Please
    thanks in advance



    Can you confirm you have been able to see all three LHAs side by side..?

    One way of doing it...

    [formation.xx]
    title=LHA-6_Empty
    unit.0=USS America LHA-6 (empty deck), 0, 0


    [formation.xx]
    title=LHA-6_F35
    unit.0=USS America LHA-6 (F-35 operations),0, 0


    [formation.xx]
    title=LHA-6_MV-22
    unit.0=USS America LHA-6 (MV-22 operations),0, 0
    Something I discovered by accident having to do with AICarriers formation entries: You can't have a space between the unit.X= nomenclature, like in Mr. Seahawk's first entry, and the numbers following the comma (,), or AICarriers won't draw that formation when you select it. You get a "SimObject not found" error.
    As in the first formation shown above. Notice that there's a space, thus: unit.0=USS America LHA-6 (empty deck), 0, 0
    whereas there isn't in this one:
    unit.0=USS America LHA-6 (F-35 operations),0, 0

    The first one shown will not function properly, but the second will.

    And remember, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, in post #22, don't add things to the original AICarriers.cfg file. Always make your own .cfg file, and store it someplace. Only place it in the conf.d folder when ready to use it.

    Have fun!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

  5. #30
    Thank you for this great looking carrier.

    LouP

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Something I discovered by accident having to do with AICarriers formation entries: You can't have a space between the unit.X= nomenclature, like in Mr. Seahawk's first entry, and the numbers following the comma (,), or AICarriers won't draw that formation when you select it. You get a "SimObject not found" error.
    As in the first formation shown above. Notice that there's a space, thus: unit.0=USS America LHA-6 (empty deck), 0, 0
    whereas there isn't in this one:
    unit.0=USS America LHA-6 (F-35 operations),0, 0

    The first one shown will not function properly, but the second will.

    And remember, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, in post #22, don't add things to the original AICarriers.cfg file. Always make your own .cfg file, and store it someplace. Only place it in the conf.d folder when ready to use it.

    Have fun!
    Pat☺
    Hi Pat,
    Sorry to say your analysis might not be correct. The formation entries were all tested and without any problems specified
    objects appeared. Here are the entries being discussed.
    Regards...

    [formation.18]
    title=LHA-6_Collection
    unit.0=USS America LHA-6 (empty deck), 0, 0
    unit.1=USS America LHA-6 (F-35 operations),150, 0
    unit.2=USS America LHA-6 (MV-22 operations),-150, 0
    unit.3=SH-60_guard, 75, 40
    unit.4=SH-60_guard, -75, 40
    unit.5=SH-60_guard, 195, -90
    unit.6=SH-60_guard, -195, -90
    unit.7=CH-53_Pav, 0, -200
    unit.8=CH-53_USMC, 0, -275
    unit.9=CH-53_USMC_HX21, 0, -350
    unit.10=CH-53_Navy, -150, -200
    unit.11=CH-53_mh53e, -150, -275
    unit.12=CH-53_Marines, -150, -350
    unit.13=CH-53_Navy_431, 150, -200

    [formation.19]
    title=LHA-6_Empty
    unit.0=USS America LHA-6 (empty deck), 0, 0


    [formation.20]
    title=LHA-6_F35
    unit.0=USS America LHA-6 (F-35 operations),0, 0


    [formation.21]
    title=LHA-6_MV-22
    unit.0=USS America LHA-6 (MV-22 operations),0, 0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails collection.jpg   clean.jpg   F35.jpg   MV22.jpg  

  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Can you confirm you have been able to see all three LHAs side by side..?

    One way of doing it...

    [formation.xx]
    title=LHA-6_Empty
    unit.0=USS America LHA-6 (empty deck), 0, 0


    [formation.xx]
    title=LHA-6_F35
    unit.0=USS America LHA-6 (F-35 operations),0, 0


    [formation.xx]
    title=LHA-6_MV-22
    unit.0=USS America LHA-6 (MV-22 operations),0, 0

    ok it's now working ,,,,,, However I had to remove the ( brackets ) from the entry otherwise I got a no object warning
    thank you

  8. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    West Vancouver British Columbia
    Age
    53
    Posts
    23
    What's going on with the animations of the rotors of the MV-22 and CH-53? It seems they only rotate for 10 seconds, but the animation length is 100 seconds. So they don't appear to rotate. Anyone else seeing this?

  9. #34

    USS America Expeditionary Strike Group

    I added my own escorts for the LHA-6 USS America

    AO-105 USS Mispillion,
    DDG-16 USS Joseph Strauss
    DDG-19 USS Tattnall
    DDG-18 USS Semmes


    I've configured different escorts for the other two LHA-6 scenarios.


  10. #35
    would someone kindly share their aircarriers.cfg file where you have this working properly. all the others work find except Dino's ships. Please help

    Thanks,.

  11. #36
    Very nice, we had one years ago for FSX. Great ship !
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    CEO and Chief Gopher of FSAddon Publishing

  12. #37
    Thanks for the tip, Ton Gun. Got it working now,

  13. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by firerx View Post
    would someone kindly share their aircarriers.cfg file where you have this working properly. all the others work find except Dino's ships. Please help

    Thanks,.

    The escorts came from other carriers and for my use. If you don't have them then, use what DDG/DLG/AO you have. Ditto for the oiler.

    The placement (Values after each enty) used for all the escorts are based on my tastes. I have one escort following each LHA as plane guard.

    Hope that helps. I made a cfg called "LHA6.cfg".

    [formation.0]
    title=LHA-6_Collection empty deck
    unit.0=USS America LHA-6 empty deck, 0, 0
    unit.1=AO-106 USS Navasota, 1500, -5
    unit.2=DD-933 USS Barry, 11, -1500
    unit.3=DD-945 USS Hull, -3000, 10
    unit.4=DDG-17 USS Conyngham, 0, 2500

    [formation.1]
    title=LHA-6 F-35 operations
    unit.0=USS America LHA-6 F-35 operations, 0, 0
    unit.1=AO-107 USS Passumpsic, 1600, 20
    unit.2=DDG-15 USS Berkeley, 0, 2500
    unit.3=DD-931 USS Forrest Sherman, 3000, 400
    unit.4=DD-936 USS Decatur, 10, -1420

    [formation.2]
    title=LHA-6 MV-22 operations
    unit.0=USS America LHA-6 MV-22 operations, 0, 0
    unit.1=AO-105 USS Mispillion, 1800, 25
    unit.2=DDG-16 USS Joseph Strauss, -3000, 0
    unit.3=DDG-19 USS Tattnall, 0, 2500
    unit.4=DDG-18 USS Semmes, 3000, 400
    unit.5=SH-60_guard, -180, -80
    unit.6=DDG-15 USS Berkeley, 10, -1420

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    Very nice, we had one years ago for FSX. Great ship !
    Wasn't that one the LHA-5 USS Peleliu?


    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=18652&catid=114



  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Hi Pat,
    Sorry to say your analysis might not be correct. The formation entries were all tested and without any problems specified
    objects appeared. Here are the entries being discussed.
    Regards...

    [formation.18]
    title=LHA-6_Collection
    unit.0=USS America LHA-6 (empty deck), 0, 0
    unit.1=USS America LHA-6 (F-35 operations),150, 0
    unit.2=USS America LHA-6 (MV-22 operations),-150, 0
    unit.3=SH-60_guard, 75, 40
    unit.4=SH-60_guard, -75, 40
    unit.5=SH-60_guard, 195, -90
    unit.6=SH-60_guard, -195, -90
    unit.7=CH-53_Pav, 0, -200
    unit.8=CH-53_USMC, 0, -275
    unit.9=CH-53_USMC_HX21, 0, -350
    unit.10=CH-53_Navy, -150, -200
    unit.11=CH-53_mh53e, -150, -275
    unit.12=CH-53_Marines, -150, -350
    unit.13=CH-53_Navy_431, 150, -200

    [formation.19]
    title=LHA-6_Empty
    unit.0=USS America LHA-6 (empty deck), 0, 0


    [formation.20]
    title=LHA-6_F35
    unit.0=USS America LHA-6 (F-35 operations),0, 0


    [formation.21]
    title=LHA-6_MV-22
    unit.0=USS America LHA-6 (MV-22 operations),0, 0


    Curious as to where the CH-53 Marines/Navy come from or where can I find them? Are those AI copies?

    Thanks


    EDIT: I found some at MIAW but the rotor blades do not rotate, the helo just hangs in the air.
    I guess the rotor animation is something that is baked into the mdl....
    Last edited by gray eagle; December 31st, 2019 at 07:13.

Members who have read this thread: 265

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •