The Bulldog is out of the kennel - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Bulldog is out of the kennel

Bought, downloaded and installed without a glitch. From JustFlight I might add.

Priller

Has anyone succeeded with the download from FSPilotShop? Mine has a texture fault and won't install. Raised a ticket both with them and AH and am waiting... Still, I got my free F3F.

Same with me also raised a ticket.Faulty vickers.dds texture file.

Cheers Chris

Oh well, when you are deep in the mire, it's good to know there are others there too!

Those of us who bought it straight from AH went through the same thing with the first installer, wouldn't install correctly, they issued a new installer as a zip file, that one worked just fine.

Got the same problem here with the installation in FSX, due to the vickers.dds error all the textures are missing.
    Found a work around to this issue by installing the P3d.32 bit version in an other temp folder and copying the missing textures files into the fsx folder and also copied the effects folder to the proper location and of she goes.
    Last edited by Wim; July 4th, 2018 at 12:27. Reason: a typo

Quote Originally Posted by Wim View Post
    Got the same problem here with the installation in FSX, due to the vickers.dds error all the textures are missing.
    Found a work around to this issue by installing the P3d.32 bit version in an other temp folder and copying the missing textures files into the fsx folder and also copied the effects folder to the proper location and of she goes.
    Well done Wim! With your guidance I have installed the Bulldog in to FsX.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

So have I .Now we wait for the corrected version.I'm very impressed with it.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Wim View Post
    Works like a dream!!!!

That's odd, the FSPilotshop installer is the same one we use. Tested and working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    That's odd, the FSPilotshop installer is the same one we use. Tested and working fine.
    No problems with the JF installer for P3Dv4!!

Priller
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Baders Bulldog.jpg  

Contacted the stores. If the store is using a linux server ( probably) then a file named blah_blah_v1.0.exe will have issues. because a "0.exe" is not a real file-type. Further to this some browsers - chrome is one - then dont download this file correctly.

One person helpfully emailed the help desk at ah ( help@aeroplaneheaven.com btw ) and told me the file sizes he had on his computer which were all around 20-30 mb too small once unzipped and the zip itself was 100 mb too small this pointed out to me a file naming issue and download issue. I'm asking the stores to name the zips as just something like blah_blah_v1_0.zip which is all we did.

Managed to get to try it thanks to the work around suggested so at least I've had a chance to use it... and its absolutely magnificent.

The only thing I find...and it may just be a matter of taste... is that the metalwork is a bit bright and shiny and looks a bit odd when viewed on the unlit side. Could we perhaps have a less shiny alternative?

There is a paint scheme I was hoping to do but the paint kit wont work with my ancient version of photoshop (6)… I was wondering if you would consider doing it and adding it to the package? It's 3 Squadron RAF... there are some that had a thinner green stripe that ran all the way along the fuselage including on the metal parts... not a roundel flash which are thicker and end at the metal... made it look like a humbug. Looked really good I thought.

Anyway thanks for such a great rendition. I hope it proves a good seller and prompts you to do more of those lovely silver biplanes from the 20s and 30s.

Matt

Is anyone still able to locate the Bulldog at the JustFlight site? I found it yesterday after doing a query, but today it doesn't pop-up anymore.

Perhaps it has something to do with problem described by Pilto von Pilto in an earlier post, which in that case means JF is most proably trying to solve the problem.

Cheers,
    Huub

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I purchased mine direct from AH and had no problems with downloading and installing. I downloaded both versions: FSX and P3D V4 as well as the paint kit.

My only complaint is the difference between the $AU and the $US. But if I want something bad enough it is something I have to live with.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

The Bulldog has appeared on the JustFlight site again. Now it is advertised as new release.

Question: did these birds ever fly with camo paint?

Priller

According to my current knowledge it didn't fly in camouflage colour for the RAF, but for sure it did for the Finnish Air Force.

Question: did these birds ever fly with camo paint?
    I very much doubt it, as they went out of service in 1937 and the Gladiators which replaced them were in overall silver. I saw the very last Bulldog flying at Farnborough in 1964, the day before it crashed.

for sure it did for the Finnish Air Force
    And in Spain.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Weren't the Finnish Bulldogs MKIVa?

Priller

Not all of them. A search finds a pic of one of two ex-Swedish IIa's.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Members who have read this thread: 0