Chicago

Thread: Chicago

Chicago

That was an interesting race, for a couple of reasons. First, I think we get slightly more insightful and and interesting analysis from the NBC crew than from the FOX crew. I've thought this for the past couple years, so not because Jr. joined the team. I love Dale Jarrett. His dry humor is great. Second, well, obviously the final lap. My "love meter" for Kyle Busch as always been basically "off scale low", but today he was right, and I loved how he tweaked the booing fans post race. And I guess the race announcers decided not to even mention the water bottle thing as KB was climbing out of the car, amid all the boos. That was pretty funny.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Kevin Harvick acknowledged earlier that Kyle Larson is THE best Chevy driver out there!

“My plan was pretty much to run into the side of him to try and slow his momentum down and was able to do that and get clear of him. I didn’t really want to be clear of him in (Turn) 3, though, because I knew he would get to my back bumper and move me out of the way, which he did. So, I mean, I know some fans probably already don’t like Kyle Busch, but that was just kind of hard racing there, I thought.”

Hey All,

Larson is pretty good but if you think about it the big issue is still (Hendrick meaning Chevy) engines. Kyle went high to get all the speed he could off the corners to catch Kyle - you saw how fast Kyle got to Kyle even after being slowed hitting the wall as Kyle simply didn't have the engine power Kyle does. If you noticed after Charlotte Chevy drivers were pleased at getting more engine power but they still are not there with TRD or Ford factory support. I wonder if the teams that left Chevy for ford saw all this ahead of time. Larson has done well with his Hendrick engines though. All the announcers expect Hendrick to bring more power yet this year - I'm wondering if the engine has it in it. I don't know how old this engine is but I'm pretty sure it is older than either Ford or Toyota.

-Ed-

PS since nobody is gonna recognize it - congrats to Max in F1 - looks like the critics were well wrong.
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Hey All,

Larson is pretty good but if you think about it the big issue is still (Hendrick meaning Chevy) engines. Kyle went high to get all the speed he could off the corners to catch Kyle - you saw how fast Kyle got to Kyle even after being slowed hitting the wall as Kyle simply didn't have the engine power Kyle does. If you noticed after Charlotte Chevy drivers were pleased at getting more engine power but they still are not there with TRD or Ford factory support. I wonder if the teams that left Chevy for ford saw all this ahead of time. Larson has done well with his Hendrick engines though. All the announcers expect Hendrick to bring more power yet this year - I'm wondering if the engine has it in it. I don't know how old this engine is but I'm pretty sure it is older than either Ford or Toyota.

-Ed-

PS since nobody is gonna recognize it - congrats to Max in F1 - looks like the critics were well wrong.
    I don't think a brand new car would have an old engine....

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I agree with the great finish but NASCAR is becoming like F1! The same winners every week.

BTW, congrats to the Hass F1 team for the 4th and fifth place finishes. Their cars are getting faster but unfortunately, can never reach Mercedes or Ferrari factory levels.

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    NASCAR is becoming like F1! The same winners every week.
    Don't you remember the good old days? Richard Petty winning 40% of the races, then Yarborough, Pearsons, etc winning the remaining events.

Hey All,

Getting a new body does not imply or mean you are getting a new engine package - just a new body. If you recall years ago Dodge got a new engine design without a new body.

I would like to know how much factory support NASCAR Chevy teams get from Chevy - my understanding is it is a lot less than Toyota or ford. Wonder what Alba would say...

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/st...-systems-group

All that said it was an exciting finish to the race.

-Ed-
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Icon2

Kyle Larson:

[quote]
    "So, yeah, that is exciting. I feel like the engine department with Hendrick Engines, I don’t feel like we are lacking there at all. They are doing a really good job, we just, I don’t know, we’ve just got to get probably some more downforce and overall performance, and at least the No. 42 team will be right there competing for wins every week."
    [/quote[

http://autoweek.com/article/nascar/k...dy-just-excuse

Icon2

Kyle Larson

"So, yeah, that is exciting. I feel like the engine department with Hendrick Engines, I don’t feel like we are lacking there at all. They are doing a really good job, we just, I don’t know, we’ve just got to get probably some more downforce and overall performance, and at least the No. 42 team will be right there competing for wins every week."

http://autoweek.com/article/nascar/k...dy-just-excuse

Hey All,

Kyle is welcome to his opinion. He is a rim riding momentum conserving driver so downforce matters more to him. No surprise. Other Chevy drivers want off the the corners with the same or more power and acceleration ford and Toyota have. They don't have it. Different strokes for different folks.

-Ed-

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    Don't you remember the good old days? Richard Petty winning 40% of the races, then Yarborough, Pearsons, etc winning the remaining events.
    Hang on Roxie, 'King Richard' ran every race on the calendar, from NASCAR through to Saturday Night local events. Of course he racked up a big score.
    Oddly enough, he was responsible for an increase in NASCAR popularity outside the 'Hew Hess Hof Hay' due to his larger than life persona.
    And of course, the man never refused an autograph from any fan request.
    I (just me, myself) regarded those good ole boys who settled disputes off track with fisticuffs with contempt, but I'll happily admit to being a 'Ironhead' fan, loved it when he finally won at Daytona.
    From my point of view (just me), some of the best NASCAR racing occurred between 1990 and 2000, qualified by my dislike of restricter plate events.
    Re engines, despite the supposed Manufacturer 'agreement' to not support racing in the wake of the 1955 LM accident (or around that time), IIRC Chevrolet back doored it, Ford naively stuck to it and Chrysler introduced and engine that was strictly limited to a few Mopar only teams.
    Today it matters not, just check out the NASCAR 'fans' at an event..................
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Hey All,

Kyle is welcome to his opinion. He is a rim riding momentum conserving driver so downforce matters more to him. No surprise. Other Chevy drivers want off the the corners with the same or more power and acceleration ford and Toyota have. They don't have it. Different strokes for different folks.

-Ed-
    Chase Elliot & William Byron have done well - seems like the youth with their inexperience can drive it where the older guys can't.
    No different strokes for the older drivers set in their set-up ways....

But Harvick is correct when he states Larson is the best driver out.......

Members who have read this thread: 0