Milviz F-15C
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-15C

Milviz F-15C

While most of these shots were taken in P3D v4, FSX-SE will be supported.

-JB

Jeebus!!! Let the drooling stop!!!

A sure buy for me!

Priller

Nice! Any chance a D could be included as well? (Got to fly in one, so would love the opportunity to recreate the back-seat piloting I did!)

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Nice! Any chance a D could be included as well? (Got to fly in one, so would love the opportunity to recreate the back-seat piloting I did!)
    No D model. Check out the Milviz E Version.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Looking very sweet JB!
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Mine!!

Dave

Thought I'd show you two more sides of it.

Looks fantastic I really can't wait to fly it, does all these posts mean that it's close to being released?

When I was TDY to RAF Lakenheath with one of my teammates (who was an eagle driver and scored a helo kill with an AIM-7 in 1991); he took me over to the simulator and I learned to fly it pretty well, he was impressed anyway. Then he put me up against 4 Mig-29s, I killed 3 of them with slammers, and then the 4th one I could not kill, we ended up in a gunfight and the 4th mig kicked my butt. I actually got the bird back to the field but crashed. Then he told me he was the 4th Mig, we both laughed, then we went and had some beers with the other pilots at the squadron. I was impressed with the beer keg in the break room. What a great group of guys. What an awesome aircraft you guys are building. Can't wait to fly it.
    Last edited by docjohnson; July 2nd, 2018 at 17:14.
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Quote Originally Posted by DaleRFU View Post
    Looks fantastic I really can't wait to fly it, does all these posts mean that it's close to being released?
    Release could be soon or late. I am still working on some features. The screenshots are just showing that she is in a state to show.
    -JB

Wow, what an awesome work of art! Brilliant work!
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Don't forget to include at least one livery from the Mass. Natl. Guard 104th Fighter Sqd; please.

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    No D model. Check out the Milviz E Version.
    Bummer. I understand the market is probably pretty small to justify adding the second seat, but the Mud Hen isn't the same. Performance is pretty crippled by all the junk hanging off it -- conformal tanks, etc.

Plus I think the D has the best lines of all the Eagles. The big canopy looks better, but it's not festooned with fuel tanks and pylons.

I actually own the MilViz D but unless I missed it, they haven't updated it to work in P3D v4.

I think a D might have been likely if we didn't end up redoing the cockpit 3 times as more information showed up in our research efforts.

As it is though, there is little going on back there to justify the expense. The back seater only has the flight and engine instruments, a VSD repeater, and some radio controls in the back. He does little other than be an extra pair of eyes, or an instructor, or a reporter or VIP. A far cry from the E where the back seat has 4 MFDs plus controls for the weapon system. It actually says quite a bit about how ergonomic the F-15C is and what a vast change it was from the F-4. I was reading an article written by a F-4 pilot who transitioned into the F-15 when it arrived. He had several thousand hours + 2 combat tours, and when he was put with a brand new pilot as his no.2, he was amazed to discover that their performance in training was almost identical. The F-15C does things so much more easily than the F-4 that a lot of the training that was necessary to be effective in the F-4 become practically useless.
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    I think a D might have been likely if we didn't end up redoing the cockpit 3 times as more information showed up in our research efforts.
    That's certainly understandable!

The back seater only has the flight and engine instruments, a VSD repeater, and some radio controls in the back.
    Oh! That sounds pretty easy to add, then! ;-)

He does little other than be an extra pair of eyes, or an instructor, or a reporter or VIP.
    Yeah, I was lucky enough to get to fly as a journalist. There's one other thing in the back, though: Throttle and control stick! So I actually got to fly for a while. Amazing experience!

It actually says quite a bit about how ergonomic the F-15C is and what a vast change it was from the F-4.
    The funny thing is that the whole reason the USAF invited me to experience the F-15 flight was that the F-22 was about to go into production, and they were trying to get support for funding. So I did all these interviews with officers who spent their time telling me the F-15 was inadequate and they needed F-22s, then they took me for one of the most impressive experiences of my life... in an F-15!

The Air Force has always had a small problem with 2-place planes. Their pilots' attitudes is that any REAL fighter pilot doesn't need anyone in the plane with him. I have heard from a lit of F-4 WIZZOs (What the AF called RIO's), or WSO's, that when meeting their pilot for the first time they were told to "Get in, sit down, strap in, and shut up". A lot of pilots wouldn't even bother with the intercom system. To them, that guy in back was ballast only.
    They would lock the Radar in boresight, and point the aircraft until they could get the acq symbols on the target and lock it up. Because "that's how a REAL fighter pilot does it". Instead of letting the WSO do the work for them while they flew the plane. They ignored 90% of the radar's capability. They would change modes, usually incorrectly, change ranges, everything. The WSO literally had nothing to do but hang on. They touched the radar controls, the pilots would scream bloody murder, about how the WSO lost them a kill because he doesn't know the system, etc, etc. Whether it was true or not mattered little.

They may have liked the Phantom's capability, but they ignored it's greatest strength. The capabilities of that big huge radar sitting right in front of them. They were ecstatic with the advent of the F-15 and F-16. Both single-seaters.

The only exception I ever met were the Wild Weasels. THEY would make full use of their WSO's, or Bears, as they called them. There was just too much for one man to deal with, even if he did have the fighter pilot ego going.

I'm not saying ALL pilots are like that, but I met a LOT of AF WSOs on TADs, both mine and theirs, that told me the same stories.
    I did love TAD to AF bases though. They had awesome chow-halls, trucks to take you to work, much prettier (overall) girls, and co-ed barracks.

Have fun all!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Oh! That sounds pretty easy to add, then! ;-)
    Far from it mate . While it simple from the user's perspective, the modelling involved is anything but. There is a reason I abandoned trying to be a vertex welder and became a programmer instead....Artwork is a huge challenge.
    -JB

You will be busy enough up front in the light gray Eagle. The only payware I worry about the backseat are both F-4s and Aerosoft F-14. Those actually have something to do in back, although I would love an AI "Goose" at times. I hardly ever jump in the back of the Iris Family Viper, but it came in handy during a rare shared-cockpit experience years ago, again that was ONE time. I bought the CS Delta Hornet, for the looks of having a tub Bug, but it used the stock Gold VC only, I was ok with that. The 18F from VRS will depend on how much of the later Lot 26 missionised cockpit is included for the WSO.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Goes the inclusion of the 'Addon Management System' (pictured above) suggest that there won't be TacPack support?

Dave

??? Of course there will be TACPACK support. There is both an ingame and out of game loadout manager and both work with TACPACK.
    -JB

A poor Mooney shot down close to Nellis hit by M61A1 20mil shells can confirm that! Same goes for several Drones hit by AMRAAMS and AIM9s.

Members who have read this thread: 1