Wright-Patterson_AFB (KFFO)FSX P3D V3 V4

Thread: Wright-Patterson_AFB (KFFO)FSX P3D V3 V4

Wright-Patterson_AFB (KFFO)FSX P3D V3 V4

looking for a Wright-Patterson_AFB (KFFO) FSX P3D scenario, I ended up finding only for FS2004 byTony Dalton, reading the file (Read) it authorizes the conversion to fsx, so I started the process,

I made a new solo I'll put an autogem and the objects properly converted, I stretched the scenery to the museum, I think it would have been cool

English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Looking Good! I want a copy when it's finished.

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    +1

Looking very good.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Nice work on the ground. It fits in to the surrounds very well.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Really looking forward to this . Hits close to home literally . I live 1 1/2 - 2 hours east- southeast and also spent approximately 14 years in the 906 TFG (Reserves) at Wright Pat . I always hoped someone would make Wright Patterson and include the Museum . I hope it will be compatible with FTX Global textures (replaces default terrain) .

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Really Good Friend

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Really looking forward to this . Hits close to home literally . I live 1 1/2 - 2 hours east- southeast and also spent approximately 14 years in the 906 TFG (Reserves) at Wright Pat . I always hoped someone would make Wright Patterson and include the Museum . I hope it will be compatible with FTX Global textures (replaces default terrain) .

Rich
    My good friend now gone BrigGen Stan Karp was the CO of Wright-Pat for a time. After he retired he was still consulted from time to time from his contemporaries at the Pentagon during Desert Storm. It was fun to ride on base at NAS Glenview or Great Lakes with him and watch everybody snap to. He was a really interesting guy with tons of stories. We were both ship modelers how we met.

Awesome! I too look forward to a successful completion and sharing of this project.

I was stationed at WrightPat my final years in service.

KB

I've added the converted objects, doing the autogen now, I think of modeling the museum, but I'm out of time, if someone wants to participate in the project, welcome, a traffic AI would be legal, too.

Correct me, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    Include me as well
    Three great things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life where you get to experience all three at the same time

Someone tell me some lights to put? that works on FSX and P3D
    Correct me, if you will.

I bring you a beta of the scenario, please test and tell me how it is, I authorized modifications to improve it.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/36vm3...%5BKFFO%5D.rar

test FSX ,P3D v3 I did not test in V4 because my is with Bug
    Correct me, if you will.

Mario,
    Many thanks for this scenery! I have Orbx Global, and I'm particularly impressed with how your photoreal tiles blend so seamlessly into the surrounding terrain. I think you made a good decision in stretching the coverage area out to the museum - since that's such a pivotal part of the whole Wright-Pat experience. Great work!
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mgchrist5 View Post
    Mario,
    Many thanks for this scenery! I have Orbx Global, and I'm particularly impressed with how your photoreal tiles blend so seamlessly into the surrounding terrain. I think you made a good decision in stretching the coverage area out to the museum - since that's such a pivotal part of the whole Wright-Pat experience. Great work!
    Mark, I tested in P3D_V4.2 and was equally impressed with how seamless the transition is from the satellite imagery to the default. . .pretty impressive. I'd be interested to know if you had any flatten problems around the parking ramps and taxiways. I did actually, but Mario did not see the same problem. Might be an Orbx thing, lol.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I'd be interested to know if you had any flatten problems around the parking ramps and taxiways. I did actually, but Mario did not see the same problem. Might be an Orbx thing, lol.
    Ed, I’m on FSX/Accel and I haven’t encountered any flatten issues with any areas of this scenery...but let me qualify that by saying that I have far from a clean install of FSX. In addition to Orbx Global I also currently have 900+ files in my install...so I can’t definitively say if there are zero flatten issues with these scenergy or if I have some other random file in the Ohio area giving me a ‘false positive’ here. Hope that helps somewhat!
    -Mark

Thanks Mark! I loaded the AFCAD into ADE and did a flatten which removed the areas of ground popping up around the ramp. I also set the tower view to 95' rather than 850' which is what it was set to. 95' puts you at eye-level with what the controllers would see from the tower.

The only problem that arose from my doing a replacement AFCAD was that the bgl named "KFFO_ADEX_ADE" which only had exclude boxes on it, caused a CTD when I left it in . .which means that now I have to go back and exclude all the default buildings that showed up, lol

Current System Specs:

Thank you very much, I try to fit using streets avenues and grounds to go unnoticed, Falcon wanted to know how the vision of the tower changed since I tried here and it does not go down
    Correct me, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Donadon View Post
    Thank you very much, I try to fit using streets avenues and grounds to go unnoticed, Falcon wanted to know how the vision of the tower changed since I tried here and it does not go down
    Mario, the tower was in the AFX bgl. When I loaded that into ADE, I was able to select "Edit Object" and then change the elevation.

Current System Specs:

Mario , what an outstanding job you did on Wright Patterson . This is from someone who spent several years there off and on in my Air Force Reserves days . Even the brick officer's housing , the hospital , the BX. Close to the BX is Pitsenbarger Hall (dining hall) named after :
    William Hart Pitsenbarger who was a United States Air Force Pararescueman who gave his life aiding and defending a unit of soldiers pinned down by an enemy assault in Vietnam . I have FTX Global and it blends in perfectly . Have only checked out a few parking spots but so far have not ran into any elevation problems yet .

Thanks again , hope you consider doing other military bases .

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

I have succeeded in knocking out all the default buildings again. . .I loaded Instant Scenery 3 and added some objects to the construction that appears ongoing across from the tower as well as a hangar under construction there. Also added various aircraft (static), C-130, C-17, KC-135, F-16

Current System Specs:

Members who have read this thread: 3