Size of Aircraft in FS2004

Thread: Size of Aircraft in FS2004

Size of Aircraft in FS2004

Compared to most aircraft in FS2004 some are smaller in size. Example: Virtavia F-5 is about half the size of their F-89. In fsx you can adjust size by Ctrl + or - without zooming in or out. Is there any similar adjustments in FS2004? Can individual aircraft be changed in config. file or is this in the model and can't be changed?

Hi JJ,
    You can change the mdl with a small semi-automated prog call mk_MDLC. It has GUI so you can see what you're doing. This changes the collision bubble of the mdl, which in turn will change the size of the ac in the preview screen. Great little prog which can also change the shine/sheen/reflactivity.

Don't forget back-up your mdl, when playing around with it, so you can always start again.

See attached. If you're on Win 7 or later, I don't know if it will work correctly, built for XP and Vista, but if you install outside of progs, then it prob will.

Cheers

Shessi

I have noticed and posted about the scales of planes in fs9 varying a great deal. I noticed it when I installed the RAF Gutersloh scenery and found that some payware planes were modelled in a larger scale than the AI aircraft at Gutersloh. They wouldn't fit into the hardened parking sites. No one ever suggested any way to fix it , but I was very surprised that there wasn't an established scale for MS Flight Simulator.

Hi DW & JJ,
    This little prog will not re-scale the ac, only the ac preview screen ac size.

Maybe I misconstrued what JJ was asking. Reading it again he seems to be talking about both aspects, ie actual in-sim ac size and the ac size in the preview screen. You can adjust both, using mk_MDLC to alter the ac viewed size and ModelConverterX to re-scale the ac model (mdl) size, so there is a way to do both.

Cheers

Shessi

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Hi DW & JJ,
    This little prog will not re-scale the ac, only the ac preview screen ac size.

Maybe I misconstrued what JJ was asking. Reading it again he seems to be talking about both aspects, ie actual in-sim ac size and the ac size in the preview screen. You can adjust both, using mk_MDLC to alter the ac viewed size and ModelConverterX to re-scale the ac model (mdl) size, so there is a way to do both.

Cheers

Shessi
    Shessi...is right the mdlc can do more than you can imagine.... lol

Seems ppl have forgotten or don't know???

You just need to know how to use it..... like anything else really.....and only works on x86 systems .

Cheerz mav
    Last edited by mav; July 1st, 2018 at 03:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    ........See attached. If you're on Win 7 or later, I don't know if it will work correctly, built for XP and Vista, but if you install outside of progs, then it prob will..........
    This utility will only work on older operating systems. I think XP was the last version on which I was able to use it..................

Cheers,
    Huub

This reminds me of a really nice Fairchild 91 that's much too big. It towers over buildings at the airport and would never fit into a hangar. Haven't flown it since I saw that flaw. I've used it for static models, where I could shrink it to 70% and it looks about right that way. Maybe with this little proggie I can shrink it as a flyable aircraft too. I run Win7pro with virtual XP. We'll see...

Edit: OK, I saw, and it's all beyond my ken. Bah! Anyone wanna shrink a model for me?

As for the original question, a real F-5, a little bitty airplane, was half the size or less of an F-89, which was an enormous airplane. The F-89 was almost seven feet longer and had well over twice the wing span. If your F-5 shows up looking half the size of an F-89, it probably isn't too small - it might be too big!
    Last edited by Mick; July 1st, 2018 at 06:15.

Mick I was only using the F-5 as an example. Understand the F-89 was bigger. Saw one in real life and it is massive. Carenado 152 is much smaller than their 172 in the sim but having flown both there is that much size difference. I was hoping that I had overlooked or didn't know of a simple way to adjust size of aircraft like FSX ctrl plus - +keys. Thanks for the replies Guys...

Icon4

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    This utility will only work on older operating systems. I think XP was the last version on which I was able to use it..................

Cheers,
    Huub
    Just doesn't work on 64 bit systems.....

I can see some ppl here are clueless. Lol

In any case if you don't know what it is..... you don't need it..
    This is what it does

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1144582

Cheerz mav

Members who have read this thread: 0