SOH forum connectivity - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SOH forum connectivity

Okay, I'm told another reason for problems might be the server running backups at regular times and I see no need to explain that!

Gentlemen, there are various reasons that might account for difficulties.

1. AussieX went offline, so maybe their users are looking for a home or somewhere else of interest and SOH is busier than usual.
    2. There are various sporting events going on right now and hoovering up bandwidth: World Cup footie, Tour de France, Wimbledon, etc. Some people like 'em!
    3. The vagaries of script-based hack attacks which are impossible to predict but affect us all: if they can take down Amazon for half a day, they can also mess with us. It happens, although Ickie was really good at spotting and thwarting them. If you're logging on from one of the usual culprit parts of the world then that's unfortunate. Please don't ask what methods are used because I don't know, period.
    4. Local difficulties: Billy-Bob and William Cobblers put a shovel into that telecomms cable and they sent Eccles to fix it...

What still niggles is that the problems some are experiencing are far from universal. Members are quick to let us know when there's a problem - if they can connect at all - and there ought to be a lot more reports if we're looking at a consistent choke. So far the general vibe is very quiet.

Sorry chaps, I know no more than the above.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Well I can live with it; just giving some info.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

OK this morning 09:40 Central, I had issues connecting so switch to a Chicago VPN; same issue; switched to UK VPN, OK. Soemethign is definitely going on; where is beyond my understanding.

SOH-CM-2020
    I am getting many more "unable to connect with server" messages than I used to. Also like Priller I can sometimes log on but when I try to change from the first thread I get an error. This is just about every day. However I am not complaining, just adding my experiences to the mix for information.

I could understand the need to be extremely vigilant about backing up these days.

That's exactly what happens to me; as it did just now until I changed to a UK VPN.

Members who have read this thread: 0