V2.5 to v3.x

Thread: V2.5 to v3.x

V2.5 to v3.x

My number of activations for my copy of 2.5 has run out, and Lockheed’s support has been unresponsive over the past week. I am wondering if is worth it to upgrade to v3.x from 2.5. I have several FSX planes that I enjoy that won’t work in v4.0. A2A P-40, and the Classic Hanger FW-190s. Will they work in 3.x, or should I just buy another lisence for 2.5?

They will get back to you in time.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Yeah just give it a few days, or possibly post on the P3D forum also. They should give you more activations no problems. I wasn't even aware there was a limit actually.

If you were going to upgrade now or in the future I would recommend skipping V3 (as much as I like it) and going straight to V4. There are many improvements, and it is 64 bit which solves a lot of issues such as OOMs. You can always keep your older sims installed to use older addons. I currently have FSX, P3DV3 and P3DV4 installed and use them all.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

I don't know about the P-40, but the classics hanger Fw-190 will work in v3 and in v4. There are some tweaks involved, but they do work.

A mate only has v4.3 and he's got the Fw-190 (all versions) working in there. I'll ask him what needs to be done.

Priller

Personally after using both V4 and V3 for a while, while V3 is definitely a step up from V2, its a small step up while V4 is a major step up, I would go right to V4.

As Priller said the CH FW-190 does work in V4, and if the A2A P-40 does not work (I don't know if it does), Flight Replicas has an excellent P-40 you could replace it with.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

I keep P3D3 on my HD simply because it runs certain aircraft the P3D4 wont.
    I like my CS tube liners but they aren't happy in P3D4 and I find the move toward updating them glacial.
    Typical Captain Sim dragging of feet.

But agreed, P3D4 is streets ahead of P3D2 and P3D3.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I had thought about getting the CH Fw190 for some time and this was a good excuse to get it.

The installer won't let you install in a location other than the main FSX folder, so I ended up making a list of all the files in the FSX folder before I ran the installer (open a terminal, cd to the FSX folder, dir /b/s > before.txt). Ran the installer, make another list of files after the install, and then by comparing I found all the files that needed to be copied.

So far everything with it seams to work fine in 4.3, only issue I have with it is that its missing the historic tail insignia
    Joe Cusick

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    I had thought about getting the CH Fw190 for some time and this was a good excuse to get it.

The installer won't let you install in a location other than the main FSX folder, so I ended up making a list of all the files in the FSX folder before I ran the installer (open a terminal, cd to the FSX folder, dir /b/s > before.txt). Ran the installer, make another list of files after the install, and then by comparing I found all the files that needed to be copied.

So far everything with it seams to work fine in 4.3, only issue I have with it is that its missing the historic tail insignia
    They are available here Blanston: http://www.italianwings.it/

Cheers,

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    They are available here Blanston: http://www.italianwings.it/

Cheers,

Priller
    Thanks for that, but I have the early version package which is not included there.

Edit: Never mind, I found it :-)
    Joe Cusick

Members who have read this thread: 0