JF/AH P-47 Thunderbolt is out!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JF/AH P-47 Thunderbolt is out!!

Still wish there were some more repaints for the AH jug.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Icon9

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Again! Sorry
    The new for desktop wallpaper... the last .
    Great screenie, but....... this is not FSX?
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Great screenie, but....... this is not FSX?
    No, small OT (I wrote about this few post above). It was the last.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    There might be a fertile ground for repaints in the film "Fighter Squadron," made in, I think, 1948 or 1949. An article written by an Air Force guy who was involved in the production said those Jugs were with, I believe, the Kentucky Air National Guard. He said within a year or two of that film being made about half of those guys were dead because they had cross-trained into F-80s and in particular F-84s and had been lost in the Korean War.

There are a few recognizable names in the cast - Edmond O'Brien and Robert Stack, along with some character actors that should be easy to spot. Rock Hudson has an uncredited part as one of the stable of fighter pilots in the squadron.
    Last edited by SSI01; November 23rd, 2018 at 14:21.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Again! Sorry
    The new for desktop wallpaper... the last .

Nice screenshot, looks very realistic!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Still wish there were some more repaints for the AH jug.
    I'm working on a few:
    jk6674

jk6672
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Yeah, Jankees is on it! I think have my repaints I've downloaded are your work (Thank you!). The previews look great.

Very nice work Jan, thankyou.

the ones I showed earlier have just been uploaded, and I threw in two more for good measure:

jk6722

jk6706

I hope you'll like them, and if you do, a screenshot will be appreciated.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Yeah, Jankees is on it! I think have my repaints I've downloaded are your work (Thank you!). The previews look great.
    Half, not have. ughh.

work in progress:
    jk6777

jk6778

two more uploaded:
    jk6821

jk6803

you asked for more repaints, is it enough or you want more?

jk7073

jk7112

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    you asked for more repaints, is it enough or you want more?

jk7073

jk7112
    aaah I was going to do that one a little later in the next year. Thanks I'll snatch that one.

Great work, Jankees. Keep 'em coming.

Only request I have is for a paint of one P-47D I'm familiar with...

If possible, it would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks.
    -- WH

SOH-CM-2024

Repaints

Jankees or anyone, I have two repaints, but for some reason FSX is not recognizing them. I have checked the aircraft.cfg and all looks fine, the texture folders are in place, but I need to make a spec texture. Any ideas on how that is done? There is no base spec texture in the Paint Kit.

Cazzie

You can never have too many repaints. Great work, thanks!

For old movie lovers, here's a great semi-propaganda movie with loads of warbirds and corny dialog and music.

"Fighter Squadron" -1948 (full movie) starring Edmond O'Brien ans Robert Stack (Elliot Ness) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOiiSRHXkS8

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Jankees or anyone, I have two repaints, but for some reason FSX is not recognizing them. I have checked the aircraft.cfg and all looks fine, the texture folders are in place, but I need to make a spec texture. Any ideas on how that is done? There is no base spec texture in the Paint Kit.
    It is in the paintkit, look for the alpha layers (group). Its set up for both painted and metal surfaces. You'll need to play around with the different layers to get the look your after.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

working on another paint:
    jk7324

jk7322

jk7319

jk7323

Hallo, gents. Has anyone tried JF P-47 from steam shop? I wonder, does it have Pro-Flight and easy-to-use versions? No word about it in the stem version description.

Beautiful P-47 skins! @jankees Any chance you could do multiple skins same squadron as you did with the P-51D? Like 78th Fighter Group, 354th Fighter Group, ...?
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

I did two for the 86th FG, as for others, maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    working on another paint:
    jk7324

jk7322

jk7319

jk7323
    YES!!! Thank you Jankees.
    -- WH

Any chance of doing a repaint for another restored P47....'Nellie'

Thanks
    Jamie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P47 Nellie 2.jpg   P47 Nellie.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 2