JF/AH P-47 Thunderbolt is out!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JF/AH P-47 Thunderbolt is out!!

Quote Originally Posted by MustangL2W View Post
    John,
    Are you going to Oshkosh this year??
    I am in the process of completely overhauling my life just to try and make Oshkosh to see "Dottie Mae." It is just an absolute Have-to-See Warbird. The authenticity in this one is mind boggling. I saw John Penney with "Balls Out" there in 2016, and that is a very nice "Jug," but "Dottie Mae" is truly the Belle of the ball. "Sierra Sue II" is another one like that... You walk around them over and over looking at all the little details that just Wow you to death. They keep you coming back to them because they are just that incredible to see.

I think there will be some serious competition for Grand Champion at EAA this year. It is always tough when there are so many amazing restorations there to be judged and only one can be the Grand "Champ." Look at 2015 when you had Yagen's Mosquito, Air Corps' "Sierra Sue II," the Airpower FG-1D and the Muzala P-51B "Berlin Express" all in the running. No way could I have picked a Winner..... Those airplanes all blew my socks off.

Also... have you seen that EAA is getting the Catch-22 "Berlin Express" all painted and ready for the show?? I hope it gets done in time. Reminds me of when you did the "Dumper" and how much fun that project was. Still one of my "Prized" Warbirds that I am forever grateful for!!
    hopefully i can make it this time too
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

DottieMae repaints at AH.. go get 'em while they're hot...

https://aeroplaneheaven.com/p47_freebies.php
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

WarHorse47: I knew I forgot something.

Yep hit the link for some bonus liveries.

https://aeroplaneheaven.com/p47_freebies.php

Make sure you have your tetanus shots up to date if you fly the barn find version.
    AH will not be held responsible for any injuries or issues if you cut yourself on rusty aircraft bits.

It's a 4th of July bonus for the P-47. Enjoy the day!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 004.jpg   001.jpg  

My Thanks to Aeroplane Heaven!!

Outstanding job AH. Best of AH output yet (IMO) but I haven't had a chance to try the Bulldog yet... so may get knocked Into 2nd place.

Matt

FYI, A bit of missing texture in the "barn find".

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p47 missing texture.jpg  
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    FYI, A bit of missing texture in the "barn find".

Not sure about that. I took a look and it changes with the view angle suggesting its perhaps related to the way the texture is setup for reflectivity? Not sure.

Only issue I've encountered is that somehow during preflight setup (like removing fuel from the drop tanks), the red recognition light turns on. And there is no way to turn it off other than to reset/reload the aircraft.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Not sure about that. I took a look and it changes with the view angle suggesting its perhaps related to the way the texture is setup for reflectivity? Not sure.

Only issue I've encountered is that somehow during preflight setup (like removing fuel from the drop tanks), the red recognition light turns on. And there is no way to turn it off other than to reset/reload the aircraft.
    Well OK. I reloaded the livery and the texture is back. Very strange. Looks normal now. ???

-d

So how does it compare to the A2A Jug in system depth and flight model and fps?

VOR and ADF

I am curious. One of the screenshots shows the inclusion of COM, NAV, and ADF radios in the cockpit where the gunsight normally sits. Are there associated instruments to go along with them? Perhaps an RMI or whatever? If yes then maybe a screenshot?

Thanks in advance,
    Phill

Quote Originally Posted by RKinkor View Post
    So how does it compare to the A2A Jug in system depth and flight model and fps?
    Well, you're going to get different experiences with each. I pulled my A2A jug out of the hangar and did a mild comparison and found both to be enjoyable.

The A2A Jug with Accusim is more indepth on system management, so unless you turn off Accusim you spend a lot of time on engine management, etc. With both you still need to manage your mixture as you climb to higher altitude.

I always found the A2A Jug more sensitive and less stable on the flight model. Both flight models are pretty good.

Neither have FPS issues on my system.

With both you have a lot of animations including the adding/removal of fuel tanks and armament. The AH Jug has the lead on that IMO. The AH Jug has the ability to switch, remove or replace the gunsight with basic Nav instruments which you cannot do with the A2A model.

Hope that helps.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Well, you're going to get different experiences with each. I pulled my A2A jug out of the hangar and did a mild comparison and found both to be enjoyable.

The A2A Jug with Accusim is more indepth on system management, so unless you turn off Accusim you spend a lot of time on engine management, etc. With both you still need to manage your mixture as you climb to higher altitude.

I always found the A2A Jug more sensitive and less stable on the flight model. Both flight models are pretty good.

Neither have FPS issues on my system.

With both you have a lot of animations including the adding/removal of fuel tanks and armament. The AH Jug has the lead on that IMO. The AH Jug has the ability to switch, remove or replace the gunsight with basic Nav instruments which you cannot do with the A2A model.

Hope that helps.
    yes it does thank you very much!

my first paints have now been uploaded, here and on avsim.
    jk3435

jk3459

jk3442
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Thanks Jankees! Brilliant news! This is a bird that screams for repaints!!

Priller

Thank you JK !!!!
    I also hope for a bare-metal brand new bird with only serial numbers
    The more you do, the less you dream

As posted in P3D forum, animation propeller hub doesn´t look real as compared with real footage...see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBJBMlhAcLI

Wonder if Bazzar and AH team agree with this…

Thanks

I doubt it - the modeller and beta testers would have been aware of it for ages and presumably decided it looked just fine. To be fair the new Carenado Beech 18 has a similar prop animation and no-one's even mentioned it.

Thanks for the repaints, JK

Now, somebody needs to get the admins to get them approved for downloading.
    -- WH

P-47 Guns

Having trouble firing the guns. Manual says that there is a switch in the left rear of the cockpit to "charge" the guns, but when I engage it the gear comes down instead. Is this happening to anyone else?
    Thanks
    Bud

The paints are up at avsim.com, together with the paints for the Carenado Beech.

Download them there and save this site's bandwidth!!

Priller

Yes, agree with you. They must be aware.
    Anyway watched
    Carenado
    promotional video (not going to buy it), and think prop animation different for the better than AH's. Prefer Carenado's but is just an opinion.
    Anyway bought the P47 and apart that think it´s a very very good work.

One note...when landing tail wheel compresses and when braking tail lifts and wheel remains compressed…

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    my first paints have now been uploaded, here and on avsim.
    jk3435

jk3459

jk3442
    I assume the reflectivity has been toned down for these. Looks great.

-d

yes, I played a bit with the alpha, spec and bumps...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    yes, I played a bit with the alpha, spec and bumps...
    Ahhh, good work. Well the Dottie Mae "restored" texture needs that badly. Way too bright.

-d

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Ahhh, good work. Well the Dottie Mae "restored" texture needs that badly. Way too bright.

-d

Really?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ShinyJug.jpg   AHShinyJug.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 59