Sun texture problem

Thread: Sun texture problem

Sun texture problem

Guys,
    Need help here..what's happen to this sun texture ? (white box square)
    Im still using vanilla CFS3 without ETO expansion as i just reinstalling back my CFS3 after a huge data loss again. Using all ankor shaders version still got the same thing happen. Neverseen like this before
    Can anyone point me how to fix this?
    Thanks guys

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails eror.jpg  

I would start by going through the suneffect.xml and making sure I have all of the dds files it references.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

yes you're right major, i've suneffect 2015 date which i dont have some of them like sun_glare_*.dds and the sun name is using sun_main.dds which i change it to sun.dds.

xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <SunEffect OcclusionSize="0.1">
    <EnvironmentMap SunAngle="-3.0"/>
    <SunGlare Size="2.5" Location="1.00" Intensity="0.4" Red="255" Green="255" Blue="204" Texture="sun_glare_d.dds" u1="0.0" v1="0.0" u2="1.0" v2="1.0" UpAlign="1"/>
    <SunGlare Size="0.075" Location="0.75" Intensity="0.20" Red="255" Green="0" Blue="255" Texture="sun_glare_d.dds" u1="0.0" v1="0.0" u2="1.0" v2="1.0" UpAlign="1"/>
    <SunGlare Size="0.0625" Location="0.70" Intensity="0.20" Red="0" Green="0" Blue="255" Texture="sun_glare_c.dds" u1="0.0" v1="0.0" u2="1.0" v2="1.0" UpAlign="1"/>
    <SunGlare Size="0.050" Location="0.65" Intensity="0.20" Red="0" Green="255" Blue="0" Texture="sun_glare_b.dds" u1="0.0" v1="0.0" u2="1.0" v2="1.0" UpAlign="1"/>
    <SunGlare Size="0.0375" Location="0.60" Intensity="0.20" Red="255" Green="0" Blue="0" Texture="sun_glare_a.dds" u1="0.0" v1="0.0" u2="1.0" v2="1.0" UpAlign="1"/>
    <SunImage Texture="sun.dds" Size="0.02" BlendMode="1"/>
    <Corona Texture="corona1.dds" Size="0.0225" BlendMode="1" UpAlign="1"/>

Now i don't know where can i get those "Sun_glare_*.dds" ? or which file that i might can substitute them?

They should be in AnKors_Shaders_17_Jan_2018.zip, in the Weather Effects folder.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

If these don't work for you, I have some older ones which seem to work for me. I had trouble with the Ankor ones, but that's probably just me!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

got it..thanks major will check it

Thanks mongoose..will try ankor 2018 first

@majormagee
    I just found the white square box still exist, thought it's already gone with ankor 2018 files. Im still using vanila cfs3 installation without ETO expansion, would you please re-check it major? i've checked the suneffect.xml and seems all files are correct.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 67.jpg   68.jpg  

Other than deleting sun.dds (by renaming it temporarily) or changing BlendMode="1" to BlendMode="0" I can't get anything to look like that.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

@Majormagee
    could it be cause by shader.xml ? mine is outdate 2002, do you have the newest shader.xml major?

Gremlins?

Strange one,iv`e had a square moon now a square sun,could it be round illuminated objects suffer from some gremlin or other,there must be an answer to this.
    alcanallen.

Members who have read this thread: 0