Prepar3D v4.3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prepar3D v4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Really going to miss IS3 for sure . Used it quite often to spruce up several airports . I still have FSX Steam but rarely use it . Seriously thinging of doing a complete clean install of P3D v4.3. and then selectively add AC and scenery here and there . Biggest time consumer ORBX on a clean install .

Rich
    I've kept FSX/Acell for just this reason. I do all my scenery work in FSX, then add it to the V4.2 Scenery Library in the Sim and off we go. At some point LM will do something in it's updates that will no longer allow any backward compatibility with anything other than P3D related work. At that point, if I'm still around that will be the end of scenery design for me.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    I managed to summon the courage to upgrade from v4.0 to 4.1 last year, but have refrained from moving to 4.2 for fear - again - of messing something up, based on confusing discussions about having to save or risk losing parts of your P3D install. Last time I think I just reinstalled the "client" and one "content" download. I have "outsourced" parts of my install (e.g. Simobjects, Addon scenery) to a different drive than the one which my core P3D resides.

Question: to upgrade to 4.3 (with the C-130) without having to save anything or do any more risky extra re-install dance - which of the 13 different components do I need to just download, uninstall and then reinstall? Like before, I don't think I need any of the scenery files (that correct more obscure scenery bugs).

I reckon I need the first four listed and the last setup exe. I don't see anything saying "Objects" as mentioned by DennyA above.
    Expat, if all you want is the C-130, "may" be able to only install the content.msi. That is where the C-130 will reside. I don't know if PD3 4.2 will work with a 4.3 file, however. If it crashes, you will just have to reinstall the 4.2 version, or go with 4.3. I have not installed 4.3 yet.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Expat, if all you want is the C-130, "may" be able to only install the content.msi. That is where the C-130 will reside. I don't know if PD3 4.2 will work with a 4.3 file, however. If it crashes, you will just have to reinstall the 4.2 version, or go with 4.3. I have not installed 4.3 yet.
    Thanks. I have everything downloaded. However I will follow others' suggestion to wait a while to see if there are any wrinkles to be ironed out by others first!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Simdirector is capable, I believe, of doing everything that Instant Scenery does, and more. But you almost need a IT degree to understand how to use it. NC

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I installed the new content but kept the 4.2 client (I have too many planes that I like that require Tacpack to work properly). I
    haven't noticed any issues.

However, the C130 is showing it's age. Besides the problem of decals appearing on the wing tanks, the vc itself has fairly fuzzy
    textures when I zoom in close (like the printing on the dials), and only a portion of the switches and levers work. But I was able
    to port over the Canadian AF texture from FSX, and it installed well enough, both as H and J versions (the Canadian air force
    now has C130J's). The decal problem was still there on the tanks, but at least the decals were on the tank sides facing the plane,
    and so not quite so obvious.

- RobM

Still waiting on other programs to update first, but I am assuming the CS C-130 is just the models and not the loadout manager like the FSX release? It included payload, VC glass, and engine gauge options (plus the flag out of the escape hatch).
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Still waiting on other programs to update first, but I am assuming the CS C-130 is just the models and not the loadout manager like the FSX release? It included payload, VC glass, and engine gauge options (plus the flag out of the escape hatch).
    The animation manager is still there, and most of the animations from FSX still seem to work. I couldn't remember how to get the
    flag to show. But I could raise or lower the ramp, and the supplied Humvee would roll on or off. The exits, pilots' windows, parachute
    jump doors, radome, and maintenance access panels would open and close. Sometimes though, it would take a couple of mouse
    clicks to get things to work.

There are two instrument panels, one with analog steam gauges and the other with eicas partial glass panel. There's also two engine options,
    the H and J variants. And there's a USAF external model with the canons and machine guns sticking out the port side.

However, there's not a lot of supplied paints: two USAF's, USCG, and Japanese AF. Since the Canadian AF paint ported over so well from FSX
    into both engine and instrument panel variants, I'm beginning to wonder what other paints and maybe even external models could be
    ported over. But I think I would have to use one of the supplied models for the vc.

- RobM

PS: but there's still that odd problem of the tail decals and tail art mapping upside down onto the external tanks. LM said they post
    a fix in the next update, but I wonder if the problem could be fixed before then.

If you've got the original CS C130 you could copy the corresponding model to replace the bugged LM version, or just merge the whole lot with the new panels.

Dave, could you be a little more detailed about how you "merged" folders from the original CS model to the 4.3 model. Which folders, etc...? Thanks, NC

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    If you've got the original CS C130 you could copy the corresponding model to replace the bugged LM version, or just merge the whole lot with the new panels.

It's pretty simple really.
    All you need to do is remove the old CS C130 gauges from the panel folders, and replace the panel.cfg in the panel and panel.g folders with the ones from the LM panel and panel.eicas folders respectively.
    I haven't fully checked the systems or every variant, so there may be some glitches, but the initial tests seemed ok.

Okay, panel.eicas means the contents of the CS panel.g contents?
    Best regards, Manfred.

Okay, my first steps yesterday were to simply add the texture folders of the CS into the LM C-130 ones. I also added the aircraft.cfg lines as needed. There were no issues and all went fine.

Doing your steps, I am missing some interiour textures and my sounds are gone. May you give us some little more explanations how this works with you? Thank you
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    P3D is now entering the Combat sim world in a totally new way. Natively.

SDK now includes:

"Added damage state variable to ModuleSim. Variable can be set via scenario, PDK, or SimVar and will be serialized in multiplayer. Developers can use this variable to control model appearances."
    Indeed, but will this only function in the Pro version?!

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Okay, my first steps yesterday were to simply add the texture folders of the CS into the LM C-130 ones. I also added the aircraft.cfg lines as needed. There were no issues and all went fine.

Doing your steps, I am missing some interiour textures and my sounds are gone. May you give us some little more explanations how this works with you? Thank you
    I think the problem may be that a lot of the CS model and texture cfgs reference other folders so if the structure isn't the same you'll end up with things missing. I long ago consolidated a lot of the files so each of the CS models was a complete self contained set.

Thank you, Dave. Okay, so I will better do a step by step adding with seperate texture folders and brave editing of my aircraft.cfg's. Most will work, when I change the model variants carefully
    Best regards, Manfred.

Hmm - get also stuck with controlling some models - especially the -30 version (extended one). Rudder yes, but no elevator unit. Strange, but I don't want to pirate the v4.3 threat with only CS C-130 posts. Maybe we can talk about it elsewhere....
    Best regards, Manfred.

I installed 4.3 last night, quickest I have seen ORBX and ActiveSky get themselves updated for a P3D release.

I did give the C-130 a try and saw the issues with it others had reported, noticed the back gate does not open, but be a feature they left off so you would buy it from CS, hope that means they plan on releasing it for v4.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    I installed 4.3 last night, quickest I have seen ORBX and ActiveSky get themselves updated for a P3D release.

I did give the C-130 a try and saw the issues with it others had reported, noticed the back gate does not open, but be a feature they left off so you would buy it from CS, hope that means they plan on releasing it for v4.
    If you mean the back ramp, it opens and closes. You can even half open it for parachute drops (although I don't think there's
    anything supplied to drop out). But I couldn't get the ramp to work from the pop-up 2d panel. I had to use the ramp switch
    on the console between the pilot and co-pilot.

- RobM

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Does anyone have the Wilco Falcon7X working in the P3DV4.3?? I have the Falcon in FSXSE and was curious if it works in P3D4.3. Was thinking of buying another one for P3D as I enjoy the one for FSXSE.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0