RAZBAM South Atlantic Map

Thread: RAZBAM South Atlantic Map

RAZBAM South Atlantic Map

RAZBAM has started development of a New Map for DCS featuring The Falklands Conflict.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Area Sat.jpg  

Patrick

The question is (I may have missed the answer before now), are they going to develop aircraft & weapons specific to the 1982 conflict or is this more a modern/current what if scenario map?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think they're aiming for that era,They've created ships,vehicles and some weapons already,The Harrier and Mirage are the aircraft they plan on featuring I think?

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom88 View Post
    I think they're aiming for that era,They've created ships,vehicles and some weapons already,The Harrier and Mirage are the aircraft they plan on featuring I think?
    They'd need to convert their modern Harrier into an FRS1 version to be historically correct. Would be awesome to see Vulcans and Victors, but since they were used for long strike missions, highly unlikely since the map will be too smal to accommodate that!

They've already announced a Mirage III and have shown WIP shots of an I-class ship, albeit from a far more recent time period... kind of hard to imagine they wont be planing on a SHAR if the South Atlantic map is apparently coming. More interested in the FA.2 personally but I have a soft spot for both variants.

Too early to break out the Rum?
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

This has potential to be of interest to myself, as I always looked forward to the failed Jet Thunder sim covering the Falklands conflict specifically. Interesting area climate wise too. Thanks for sharing and will keep my eyes on this one.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

WIP Shots........

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FjnfZkg.jpg   VqZGGgL.jpg  

Patrick

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Very nice, and it seems to have a different ‘character’ compared to the other DCS maps released until now, so it really brings a new environment to fly in. Thanks for posting, Phantom88!

few new shots

"Couple new shots of South Pacific Map" airfield and Mount Pleasant airfield WIP"

Patrick

Members who have read this thread: 0