Skins for FP P-51D ?

Thread: Skins for FP P-51D ?

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries

Skins for FP P-51D ?

Where can i find some custom skins for the FirePower P-51D ? Know they used to be some somewhere here at SOH . Any help will be appreciated . Regards,Scott
    Last edited by sixstrings5859; June 22nd, 2018 at 19:22.

SOH-CM-2020
    SOH Netwings skins American?? They don't say if they are stock or FP

Blog Entries
    They are for the stock P-51D .No luck so far. Thanks for the help anyway.

Here's the official paintkit. http://www.a2asimulations.com/wingso..._paint_kit.zip

After I finish up a few other projects I'll produce a bump map file to use with this.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

You mean like this one? (when im done i'll sent it to u)

Blog Entries
    Don't know why but i can't see any picture.

Blog Entries
    Here's my FirePower P-51D . Where i got the skin i forget.

Well the skin is one that I did (along with a few others) quite a while back now, can't remember if they were released or not, but seeing as you have that one, they must have been?

Here are shots of the other skins that I have.

John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Blog Entries
    Wow!!!! Fantastic!!! Lovely work. Can you make them available again ? Pretty Please....

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo/4 View Post
    Well the skin is one that I did (along with a few others) quite a while back now, can't remember if they were released or not, but seeing as you have that one, they must have been?

Here are shots of the other skins that I have.

John, can you tell me how to make it available with different skin? im a bit confuse here as i can't make it work

Blog Entries
    Make sure you delete the .bdp file after changing skins. CFS3 will make a new one once sim is started again. Also make sure files have the same file name as ones replaced. Regards,Scott

Thanks scott..i just figure it out..allright got 90++ skins ready now (sigh..that means 90++ folders..wanna help?)

Here's the bump map file, and my set-up for the default texture to enhance compatibility with AnKor's Shaders.

sw_p51d_t.+nm.zip

The additional xdp effects entries I use are:

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="US_AAF_K14_gunsight" PosX="0.035" PosZ="-0.375" PosY="0.6325" Pitch="90" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="US_AAF_l3a_gunsight" PosX="-0.035" PosZ="-0.375" PosY="0.6325" Pitch="90" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_high_contrail" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_r" />
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_high_contrail" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_l" />
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I see I missed including the modified sw_p51d_c_r.dds file in the zip. Sorry about that, but it just means that the wheel hubs will still look like they were chromed.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Major could you post image which showing your bump map and modified M3D? and the difference using vanilla M3D ?

Getting a perfect match of the pitch angle and lighting with the one I posted above showing the new reflective and bump maps was not impossible.

Here is the unmodified m3d without any reflective map, or bump map.

Here is the unmodified m3d with the original reflective map, no bump map.

Others probably have different thoughts on this, but many of the original reflective maps are way too polished looking for what I believe was the case for combat aircraft. Once they went into combat service, the weathering of the aluminum surfaces oxidized it to a matte light grey pretty quickly. For example, the blue tint in the last shot is caused by the sky color being mirrored off the supper surfaces.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Thanks major !! that's looking nice with new bump map major ! , it's too bad lot skins looks perfect chrome with ankor but still they're great skins!

Anyway here's collection of my FP P-51D skins that i've converted and i take no credits for this (See credits in readme), It contains 90+ skins and if someone willing to make them as separate folders as new aircraft that would be good ! as i don't have much time right now.. ENJOY !!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s16zkd...CTION.rar/file

Blog Entries
    Thanks buddy !! Used to make stand alone aircraft but forgot how to do it. May look into doing it again. Regards,Scott

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Thanks buddy !! Used to make stand alone aircraft but forgot how to do it. May look into doing it again. Regards,Scott
    Your most welcome mate, btw if u see strange texture shadow comes up just use ALT+TAB and go back again to the game it will remove it..i think it's a glitch

Here's using majormagee new bump map...Looks like over embossed and maybe i should lower the aircraftmodels line to 2048 rather than 4096

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 45.jpg  

That's an artifact of the chrome finish. As the reflectance goes down the effect of the bump map is reduced. I would have to redo the bump map to have less contrast to look correct with the super shiney finishes.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

The light portions of the _r.dds files in the pack you provided are at 50% brightness. To look like bright finish aluminum with AnKor's shaders they need to be from 12-16% brightness.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Members who have read this thread: 0