New Razbam A-7E Textures

Thread: New Razbam A-7E Textures

New Razbam A-7E Textures

Just uploaded a new A-7E skin for VA-15 Valions. Based on photos from a 1984 Med cruise in response to the Marine barracks in Libya. Navy Chief requested the paint and supplied the photos and other info.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2018-jun-21-005.jpg   -2018-jun-21-001.jpg  
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Nice work! The A-7 was a fine airplane, and the A-7E had a great weapons system. We used to call them "rubber duckies" because of the way they looked in an echelon formation coming into the break - any small bobbling was accentuated because of their short, stubby appearance..

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    Nice work! The A-7 was a fine airplane, and the A-7E had a great weapons system. We used to call them "rubber duckies" because of the way they looked in an echelon formation coming into the break - any small bobbling was accentuated because of their short, stubby appearance..
    Thanks Mike71. Never heard the "rubber duckie" nick name. It fits.
    Duckie

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    Mike, you might know the pilot who flew that particular aircraft in the attack on Syria? CDR Les Kappel? He was VA-15's XO at the time, and his aircraft, modex 314, was hit by shrapnel from a SAM. Shredded the tailcone. NC

Duckie did a outstanding job on this repaint!!! And I am forever grateful too. Here are some pictures from the real life modex 314, with VA-15, including after it was hit by the SAM shrapnel. NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails va-15 launch.jpg   va-15 damage.jpg   314 tail (2).jpg  

More pictures, and no, that's not me in any of the pictures. Those were two guys who worked in VA-15 Airframes shop. I was worked in the AME shop. Egress/environmental. NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 314 tailcone (2).jpg   314damage.jpg   314damageb.jpg  

Good stuff all. Or should I say good Sluff? Hehe. NC, great pics of 314. I see that squadron had the FLIR pod. In those days, only one of the two A-7 squadrons in the air wing carried that giant beast. And it was a bit of a maintenance work load... Glad our squadron (VA-94, World Famous Orange Tailed Shrikes) didn't have it, lol!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Good stuff all. Or should I say good Sluff? Hehe. NC, great pics of 314. I see that squadron had the FLIR pod. In those days, only one of the two A-7 squadrons in the air wing carried that giant beast. And it was a bit of a maintenance work load... Glad our squadron (VA-94, World Famous Orange Tailed Shrikes) didn't have it, lol!

I remember the number of FLIR pods was, as you said, minimal. And those things were heavy! I helped load a few. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Mike, you might know the pilot who flew that particular aircraft in the attack on Syria? CDR Les Kappel? He was VA-15's XO at the time, and his aircraft, modex 314, was hit by shrapnel from a SAM. Shredded the tailcone. NC
    Absolutely right, Chief - what a coincidence. Les and I were LTs in PG school at Monterey, Ca getting our MS in Aero Engineering in 1971-72. I went off to VA-75 at Oceana, he went off to a squadron in Lemoore, I believe.

The skin works on the TacPack version, too.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    The skin works on the TacPack version, too.

Dave
    Great shot Dave. Curious, how did you get the fuses to show on the iron bombs? I can only get a plain round nose on any of the iron bonks I try.

Steve
    Duckie

Not to Hijack a thread but has anyone got the TACAN to work so that I may navigate off the ship and back?

Tool

Members who have read this thread: 0