RAZBAM F-15E Strike Eagle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RAZBAM F-15E Strike Eagle

RAZBAM F-15E Strike Eagle

RAZBAM has Announced Development of F-15E Strike Eagle.

Patrick

They've also announced the MiG-23!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Wow! Dislike the publisher but love the direction they are going. Now can potentially have two of my all time favorite sims (Jane's F15 Strike Eagle and Jane's F/A-18) from the past, brought up to modern graphical and technical standards. This will go great with the Persian Gulf map.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Would like to see how this goes based on the popularity of the Hornet, I'm having a blast in it online and I believe the key is carrier ops. I do like the Mud Hen and look forward to those deep strikes down on the deck with gas to spare. Hopefully like the WIP F-14, the WSO will interact as well.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Wow! Dislike the publisher but love the direction they are going. Now can potentially have two of my all time favorite sims (Jane's F15 Strike Eagle and Jane's F/A-18) from the past, brought up to modern graphical and technical standards. This will go great with the Persian Gulf map.
    Hello Matt! Long Time and No Chat,Hope You are Well Sir,I know your feelings towards RAZBAM but I have to say,Next to The Hornet their Harrier maybe my favorite module in DCS....And it's not even complete yet!! Whatever fire DCS hold their feet to....it seems to be working,They're really pumping out updates and features now.

When I saw The Strike Eagle Announcement it brought back a flurry of nostalgic feelings and memories.I remember Jane's F-15 Strike Eagle was one of my first,and all time favorite Combat Flight Series Study Sims,I had bought it in a combo pack called "Flight Mania" back in 2000....Great Times!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 614EAW88EDL.jpg  

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom88 View Post
    Hello Matt! Long Time and No Chat,Hope You are Well Sir,I know your feelings towards RAZBAM but I have to say,Next to The Hornet their Harrier maybe my favorite module in DCS....And it's not even complete yet!! Whatever fire DCS hold their feet to....it seems to be working,They're really pumping out updates and features now.

When I saw The Strike Eagle Announcement it brought back a flurry of nostalgic feelings and memories.I remember Jane's F-15 Strike Eagle was one of my first,and all time favorite Combat Flight Series Study Sims,I had bought it in a combo pack called "Flight Mania" back in 2000....Great Times!!!
    Hello yourself Pat! I am indeed doing well Sir. In the throes of FCA buying back my 2016 Hellcat and her replacement is due this week in the dealership. Looking forward to receiving her in the Land of the Morning Calm.

I have indeed supported Razbam even after their failed FSX A-7 TacPack debacle, by buying their Mirage 2000 and the Harrier. Though I bought one on sale and used my points to buy the other at a nicely discounted price. So, providing discounted support to them when I can but like what they are throwing us in DCS. I will certainly buy their Strike Eagle when it's released, but of course on sale. I will just always have a bone to grind with them for abandoning a project I pre-purchased and then them not ever throwing a bone or at least being man enough to openly apologize and offer compensation. That lack of integrity on their behalf forever marks them as weak.

I absolutely loved the Jane's titles in their time and since the likelihood of those never returning, I will be more than happy to fly these newer releases in this very nicely detailed terrain, overlooking my disdain for the developer provided they continue to release very nice modules that continue to be supported and upgraded. Such is life as they say. Ironically, it was the Jane's titles that immersed me into my first Thrustmaster HOTAS setup sans rudder pedals. I felt so immersed back then. Now, still have to refine my Warthog setup but already eyeballing the forthcoming Hornet HOTAS as a potential replacement, since my current Warthog throttle base is totally separated from it's upper housing ad cannot be repaired from here in Korea. So, I now have my reason for upgrading in the immediate future, once it's released.

Anyway, I actively follow your threads and will of course, update my signature picture once I get the new widebody Challenger. Have a great day my friend.

Matt

L@@K Forward to seeing that New Mopar Matt

Fans of The "Old" Jane's Strike Eagle will Love this ....

Patrick

Oh wow the Janes series, great memories for sure and countless hours as a kid tying to act like a fighter pilot! Matt, agree with your statement about the developer, and I am still trying get the A-7 further along. Old WIP shots of the A-6 also had me re-thinking my negative thoughts. In FS land, I had most of his USN based models and also like you, wanted to see the Harrier in DCS even after giving up on VTOL in FSX with the base model. I've been too busy with the Hornet to even switch over to the AV8 yet.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

LMAO! I felt like the giddy young man from yesteryear listening to that soundtrack. The menu song (1st one) was so burned into my memory and that scar had long since healed....till now. Really loved the simulated atmosphere their titles provided. Hell, I remember sweating in many of the Fleet Defender (ooops, not Janes, but Microprose nonetheless) and Jane's F/A-18 night missions. They felt so real...for that matter, so too did the Strike Eagle missions in the Persian Gulf.

Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Oh wow the Janes series, great memories for sure and countless hours as a kid tying to act like a fighter pilot! Matt, agree with your statement about the developer, and I am still trying get the A-7 further along. Old WIP shots of the A-6 also had me re-thinking my negative thoughts. In FS land, I had most of his USN based models and also like you, wanted to see the Harrier in DCS even after giving up on VTOL in FSX with the base model. I've been too busy with the Hornet to even switch over to the AV8 yet.
    You are further than I am...in the Hornet. I am still trying to calibrate my Warthog HOTAS again. At the time I was flying the A-7D/E in FSX, I really liked it. Always looked forward to the possibility of the TacPack integration. Look forward to seeing what you do with your WIP my friend.

Matt

Some News from RAZBAM about The Strike Eagle.......
    https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comm...the_f15e_flcs/

"You won't have to wait years but only months"

Patrick

Some new renders.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 37984079_1801236226629674_4514731577011339264_o.jpg  

Patrick

This reminds me of restoring classic cars, so much detail into parts that the end user will never probably see.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Yeah but, because you know it's there the immersive experience is unparalleled. Things like the"feel" of flight. I only recently was enlightened by a developer friend, who confirmed my suspicions about DCS. They are an X-plane and P3D Dev. They told me that basically the FDE complexity goes:

1. DCS
    2. P3D
    3. X-Plane

DCS has a broader and more detailed set of aero tables than P3D. And can therefore model things simply not possible in P3D or to a greater finesse with more accuracy.

X-Plane is a different animal altogether. It's realtime computations. But it's like having a small set of data points and saying you've got a full CFD model... Home PCs can only compute so much and the resolution of that model is pretty grainy by comparison.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

UFC Renders
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 38662876_1815191191900844_7326576189584179200_n.jpg  

Patrick

Oh the memories, good times.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 38750926_1820269191393044_4034491591220527104_n.jpg   38817512_1820269301393033_468552980346437632_n.jpg  

Patrick

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 06icLGf.jpg  

Patrick

This might be of interest to some of you,The Jane's F-15E Strike Eagle manual,although it has nothing to do with RAZBAM It does have some great general info on the Strike Eagle systems and weapons.

https://archive.org/details/Janes_F-15_Guide

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 220px-Jane's_F-15_Coverart.jpg  

Patrick

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    What a great find! Thanks, Patrick!

Quote Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
    What a great find! Thanks, Patrick!
    You're Welcome Sir

Patrick

Weird, just moved and while rummaging through boxes found my Jane's Combat Sims F-15 Expert Flight Manual, 1998 1st Edition spiral bound! With keyboard command card.
    Last edited by Victory103; August 17th, 2018 at 09:55. Reason: dude
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

**Just a Reminder**
    RAZBAM will be doing a Q&A in next months update video concerning Their upcoming Strike Eagle,Submit your questions in the comments section of this video.

Patrick

New DCS Menu tease with F-15E

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6b14e9e1d14cf4052a827c60bd32fe152052b6ec.jpg  

Patrick

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Patrick, what happens when you click on the icon (I only have the release version, not the beta)? Not much, I suppose, but it is a good omen.

Members who have read this thread: 0