AI, Bots and watching your six

Thread: AI, Bots and watching your six

Blog Entries

AI, Bots and watching your six

Brief HU.

Recently, I discovered that all of my post history on this site has disappeared from my page. I don't think it is the fault of admin, possibly a residual effect of precautions against hostile intruders.

That being said, I am unable to track any of my previously posted conversations here. Also, I am severely restricted with a broken Windows OS, resulting from the last upgrade. A new disk is en route, but I will be required to install a new HD...OS, and all software....again.
    This has all rendered me radio silent recently.

Hostile AI

"Harm None"

I would be extremely cautious in the cyber communities from here forward.
    The dark web has become so pervasive, with exponentially accelerating spawns of bots, AI and other nasties seeking resources to mine "crypto" or troll, it is certainly evident that the web is now losing the relative safety of previous years.

Certain "actors" have no sense of integrity or moral compass when injecting their adversarial creations into the public domain.
    IMO, this should be a capital offense, but that's just me thinking out loud.
    I have a ton of research archived in this area, but as an example I will cite the MIT "Norman" AI which was recently released into the wild. This particular bot is a psychopathic personality, written by psychopathic idiots at the most prestigious technical institution on the planet.
    What that says for MIT or any of the "scholars" who pursue these repugnant endeavors is up to the observer.
    http://norman-ai.mit.edu/

My dilemma is, in part, a result of MS and other entities prioritizing their...errrrrr….security above my ability to go quietly about my legitimate business. The result, for me, is that I find myself inevitably nearing the decision to withdraw from the field entirely.

IMHO

G
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Holy crap, that WAY sucks!!! I hope you can get everything fixed and protected again. NC

******** interesting information. Not sure where we are all going with this anymore but you are correct cyberspace has lost its ethics (not sure if it had any) and certainly has no moral compass of common decency (no lying, stealing or cheating is pretty basic). Mix it in with do whatever it takes corporate culture, delusional politics and simply, damaged people we seem to going down a dead end. I have followed your dilemmas with MS closely, especially W10, sobering and distasteful. Now we have the same nutcases believing that the best thing to do is control stuff and be actively engaged in hostile IT activity towards individuals and or institutions with whom they disagree. I recently spent some time with the IT people where I am currently doing some work (non IT) let us say they are prominent in the aerospace area, they said they are basically under attack daily for reasons that range from outright theft to just plain mischief, they have got the place locked down so tight now you cannot do anything unrelated to work, no matter how harmless. It consumes vasts amount of time and resources keeping it all working.

The trouble is with all this, I can be stand alone in the woods (literally live away from people in the mountains with completely stand alone power systems etc) but every time I connect to the internet well you open the door and I am increasingly fed up with the non stop updates or changes to this and that which now consume my Saturday mornings (I call it update day).

Hang in there, hope you get your system up and running again. Other than that no advice only moral support.

Bendy, aside from the nefarious activities you mention I think the biggest problem we have in cyberspace is so-called 'social media'.
    IMHO Twitter and Facebook come close to being the most disturbing causes of 'trouble' we deal with, along with the ridiculous 'crypto currency' criminals.
    We live 99% 'off the grid' but the only true Internet security that can be had is to unplug the box from the input line.
    George Orwell was so bloody right!!!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

The outrage is not that there is a psychopatic AI, the outrage is that it was turned that way by reading stuff on the internet.

And seriously, yet another screwed Windows installation...?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    The outrage is not that there is a psychopatic AI, the outrage is that it was turned that way by reading stuff on the internet.

And seriously, yet another screwed Windows installation...?

Not going to say it was a screwed installation, but it has become screwed as a result of the various malicious bits that worm their way in.
    The only remedy that makes any sense is to do my work entirely isolated from the outside, and only transfer work out via thumb drive or disk.

Not sure what you mean about reading stuff on the internet.
    A cursory reading of the low hanging fruit might lead one to arrive at any number of conclusions, but I don't do low hanging fruit. I do deep forensic analysis, observe data and apply logic. The evidence develops on it's own.

One tiny piece of the big picture, but realize that this video was made in 2011 and concurrent with the genesis of Anonymous and crypto.

Last edited by gman5250; June 19th, 2018 at 12:21.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Not going to say it was a screwed installation, but it has become screwed as a result of the various malicious bits that worm their way in.
    And exactly how did they get in...?

The only remedy that makes any sense is to do my work entirely isolated from the outside, and only transfer work out via thumb drive or disk.
    That's proabably for the best.

Not sure what you mean about reading stuff on the internet.
    Straight from the horse's mouth:

"So when people talk about AI algorithms being biased and unfair, the culprit is often not the algorithm itself, but the biased data that was fed to it. The same method can see very different things in an image, even sick things, if trained on the wrong (or, the right!) data set. Norman suffered from extended exposure to the darkest corners of Reddit, and represents a case study on the dangers of Artificial Intelligence gone wrong when biased data is used in machine learning algorithms.

Norman is an AI that is trained to perform image captioning; a popular deep learning method of generating a textual description of an image. We trained Norman on image captions from an infamous subreddit (the name is redacted due to its graphic content) that is dedicated to document and observe the disturbing reality of death. Then, we compared Norman's responses with a standard image captioning neural network (trained on MSCOCO dataset) on Rorschach inkblots; a test that is used to detect underlying thought disorders. "

A cursory reading of the low hanging fruit might lead one to arrive at any number of conclusions, but I don't do low hanging fruit. I do deep forensic analysis, observe data and apply logic. The evidence develops on it's own.
    Evidence for what? That we're all screwed? You don't have to dig particularly deep to realize that.

One tiny piece of the big picture, but realize that this video was made in 2011 and concurrent with the genesis of Anonymous and crypto.
    So...?

If security is of your utmost concern, maybe try a specifically tailored Linux distro. There should be some out there.

Blog Entries
    And exactly how did they get in...?

If security is of your utmost concern, maybe try a specifically tailored Linux distro. There should be some out there.
    I started this post when I saw other posts about popular websites being down. The information is intended to provide a possible explanation for these events.

How exactly did they get in?

You can start with Aaron Swartz, James Dolan, Kevin Poulsen, Peter Thiel, MIT, Stanford and their common connections. I posted the Kevin Poulsen lecture for a specific reason. You might look at the Peter Thiel lecture at Stanford to understand more of the dynamic.

Look at Secure Drop and learn who uses that code. It is ubiquitous. If a person goes anywhere on the web, be it corporate media or social media they will run into the code. Most alternative news sites are linked in one way or another to Secure Drop.

Realize that Secure Drop contains pieces of the original Tyler code from Aaron Swartz and you will understand that the AI in that code is ubiquitous. Once it worms it's way in, it begins to operate in a function unique to the individual whom has allowed it in.

A forensic study of Aaron Swartz and James Dolan's "suicides" leads to the understanding that Kevin Poulsen was the last man standing of the original three programmers. Kevin Poulsen wrote

Kingpin: How One Hacker Took Over the Billion-Dollar Cybercrime Underground

Look at Peter Thiels relationship with Stanford where Kevin Poulsen gave that lecture. Look at Peter Thiel's relationship with crypto. Listen to Peter Thiel's lecture at Stanford where he casually alludes to new forms of currency.

Consider the fact that crypto is taking a huge hit and every crypto hacker on the planet is looking for methods to cover their exposures, then you might begin to realize that my point about cyber security goes a bit beyond implementing better personal security.

I'm not here to debate or argue with anyone.

I simply wanted to give our concerned members a HU. It's very, very hot and one might consider their choices with some basic knowledge.

Thomas Jefferson

Sorry Gordon, but that sounds a tad too constructed for me.

If the cryptocurrency bubble pops, I'll pop a bottle of champagne in turn. Hardware demand and subsequent pricing because of it is way, waaaaay too high at the moment.

Blog Entries
    Sorry Gordon, but that sounds a tad too constructed for me.

If the cryptocurrency bubble pops, I'll pop a bottle of champagne in turn. Hardware demand and subsequent pricing because of it is way, waaaaay too high at the moment.
    It is entirely constructed, by brilliant programmers who have massive backing. Thiel has massive power and resources considering PayPal, Bitcoin, Etherum, Serco and the myriad arms of his Octupus. There are no shortages of talented programmers who are well capable of designing bots and AI from the original Swartz code.

I'm not a programmer, but I can watch for ripples. I'm seeing those everywhere in the last few weeks. The fact that I get this little gem (below) every time I try to navigate a page on this site is a ripple that I would have expected.

The glitches at Coinbase and Coinrail were also predictable.

That said, I'm in agreement with you about champagne and the cost of hardware. There will be a S***load of 1080TI's on the resale markets when the bubble finishes it's collapse.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	connect.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	61199
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    ...The fact that I get this little gem (below) every time I try to navigate a page on this site is a ripple that I would have expected....
    Gordon, this might be part of a problem we've been tracking down over the past couple weeks. I just tried something with your IP. Please let me know if/when this happens again.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Gordon, this might be part of a problem we've been tracking down over the past couple weeks. I just tried something with your IP. Please let me know if/when this happens again.
    Thanks Paul, I'll keep you updated.
    Thomas Jefferson

Members who have read this thread: 0