Spit 9

Mirage III OE

Matt

RJ100

Dewoitine D520

LET 410

MD-82

Matt

Matt, can you maybe trade some quantity in screenshots for quality please?
    Like getting interesting perspectives by pausing the sim and using the free camera ("C" key). Or maybe tie some stories or more information to the captions instead of just the airplane type.

I didn't know there were rules and regulations to posting screenshots other than file size.

I don't mind Matt posting his screenies, as I often just like looking at screenshots. Also, if I do want to know more about a specific screenshot, then I will post my question.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Matt and everybody else is free to disregard my question, opinion and suggestion.

Yet, X-Plane makes it easy to take interesting and varied screenshots, so why not make use of that capability?

Blog Entries

BBest kept secret in X-Plane

having been the designer of the famed AeroCommander 500s Shrike, Ted Smith set about designing an all new plane in the 60s and in 1967 the Aerostar was born.. Over the next few years, the Aerostar would see itself owned by several companies including Butler Aviation ( mooney ) and Piper. Under Piper, the Aerostar became known first as the PA-60 and then later with pressurization, the PA-601P. This rendition of Teds prototype aircraft is perhaps one of the most faithful reproductions I have seen and its a total joy to fly. i couldnt recommend it more.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    My screenies are not the quality of oters but here it goes!

T-80 Falcon II freeware

Gulfstream GIV over Malta

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T80_4.jpg   GulfstreamGIV_8.jpg  

Blog Entries
    I'm sorry. I'm just totally in love with every aspect of this plane. Its simply wonderful .

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

New freeware P-38 at x-plane.org

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P38 new.jpg  

Blog Entries
    oooooooooo.. Thats Nice real nice .. Thanks B52Bob

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    I'm sorry. I'm just totally in love with every aspect of this plane. Its simply wonderful .

I will "have" to get this plane. I saw an Aerostar departing from Moorabbin Airport a few years ago, as I work very close by, and I did not know what it was. I asked around on a few forums, with a brief description of what I saw, and I was told by a very smart person it sounded like an Aerostar. I looked for one for FSX, and ended up finding a FS2004 payware version by FSD which I imported in to FSX and P3DV3 after a lot of stuffing around. It is such a unique aircraft, and I just love the lines.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Blog Entries
    This is also payware, and models the prototype, but its simply wonderful. Its very very fast with a top speed of 3-1 mph or close, and mixture and prop pitch have to be monitored.Its just a bit demanding but delivers so much..

The Aerostar is the follow up to the aerocommander, which kind of explains its lines..

https://store.x-plane.org/Aerostar-601P_p_837.html

Approaching England

ORBX TE England South
    "Land's End"

It is a nice daytime scenery.
    Night time lighting is very poor and disappointing. I hope ORBX can fix that issue.

The An-24 is probably the best large turboprop there is for XP11, although its handling is more akin to brick than a plane.

Best small twin turbo and my standard ride at the moment: The default C90B; here demonstrating a "Uh-oh..." situtation...

...reflections...

...11.30's new particle effects on a late afternoon...

...and a dusk VFR approach down a valley at a location I've already forgotten (Rockies or something).

After rebuilding the shadercache, 11.30B2 works wonderfully so far. But I think, X-Visibility might have overdone it with the ground fog last time (it was kind of cold though).

Not that I'm complaining though.

Mission Generator, despite the bugs, is well worth the $15 investment. It sends you to the weirdest airstrips, such as one located in northwest Arizona, where this snap was taken.

Too bad default ATC is still buggy and 124th always leaves an ugly overlay for clearance and go-around when tuned to a frequency.

Note: I'm not running XP with or on anything particularly spectacular. i5 4670K @ 4.2, 8 GB DDR2400, GTX1060 OC, external USB3 SSD.

I've tweaked the clouds, sky colors and fog a bit via LUA script.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Nice shots. Looking forward to 11.30 as I have to wait for the release version. Bought it through Steam and they don’t do betas.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Steam provides access to the betas. See the second paragraph here:

https://www.x-plane.com/kb/using-x-plane-11-betas/
    Thanks for the info. Learn something new every day.

Bob

XP11 Ground handling is pretty neat... I like being able to steer back in an arc. Step up from FSX anyhow.

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 47