Best May 1940 end 1940 aircraft available - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best May 1940 end 1940 aircraft available

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    I was sure I had it but when I looked couldn't find them. Thanks for the link!

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    eto and w40 Fouteman Bf110's FM not updated but D17's and He111's updated to 4. the following fs***** aircraft not updated to eto and w40 versions

@ David. Were the shared files updated or still the same as fs versions?
    James, look for a v2 of the shared files. I think they are still fs versions so you probably have them. IIRC the textures are old only up to 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    James, look for a v2 of the shared files. I think they are still fs versions so you probably have them. IIRC the textures are old only up to 2004.
    yes I have the fs versions.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020

ETO Cockpit for FS 109s

Hi James, I tried adding the ETO standard cockpit (eg. from ETO_Bf109E-3_52_40), size 2.5Mb, to your upgraded eto_bf109e004, a late Fouteman variant.

here are some screen shots. I think the later cockpit fits very well. Have you thought about using the ETO cockpit? The only thing I can't seem to get working is the floating gunsight! Why do I have so much trouble getting it to display? (rhetorical question - "chemo brain" is the answer)...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ETO Cockpit2.jpg   ETO Cockpit.jpg  

Hi James, I tried adding the ETO standard cockpit (eg. from ETO_Bf109E-3_52_40), size 2.5Mb, to your upgraded eto_bf109e004, a late Fouteman variant.

here are some screen shots. I think the later cockpit fits very well. Have you thought about using the ETO cockpit? The only thing I can't seem to get working is the floating gunsight! Why do I have so much trouble getting it to display? (rhetorical question - "chemo brain" is the answer)...
    I tried that. See posts 12 and 18 above. If you got it to work please email me the m3d and any related xdp entries.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

i do agree the w40/eto cockpit is the best choice. my internet alter ego once clashed with the internet alter ego of the original designer, the late gerard vd harst. releasing the emils with his cockpit was considered "not done" by me, as he could no longer allow or deny me permission to do so. and i still think it's not a decent thing to do......
    the plan in 2009 was to include a tutorial on what to do to get the the w40/eto cockpit working on the aeroplane heaven standalones

if you need the w40/eto bf109e gmax files, you could ask viso

ps: gentlemen, could you please dive into your archives one more time.......i'm pretty sure i've uploaded some new he111's, do17z's, ju87b's and ju88a-1's (nachtpiloten's versions, not the stock ju88a) to james' ftp server. hope you still have them
    Last edited by Foute Man; July 25th, 2018 at 09:43.
    There's only one Foute Man........

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    I tried that. See posts 12 and 18 above. If you got it to work please email me the m3d and any related xdp entries.
    Hi James,

I did make a minor tweak to the xdp, no changes to the m3d. Result: I could not see the artifacts mentioned in the aforementioned posts ie the pilot's cap. I can get a gunsight nicely centered on the sight glass, the only problem now is that the point of impact is below the centre of the gunsight. A quick fix would be to alter the pitch of the guns in the xdp. Happy to send you the xdp/m3d. Have a few things medical today (and tomorrow actually) so will work it in when I can.

@ Ton, I will PM you.

@ Ton, I will PM you.
    i pm-ed you back
    There's only one Foute Man........

Members who have read this thread: 0