Best May 1940 end 1940 aircraft available - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best May 1940 end 1940 aircraft available

Yes, you can adjust the x,y position to center it on the reflector, but it may just be a matter of moving your head so you are looking through the sight more directly at the point where the tracers converge.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

As I go thorough all the 1940 aircraft which I would like to try and update, I am thinking about permissions and credits. The list is long and I am not sure who is still active in the sense of requiring permission. All would be credited of course!

AvHistory.org
    Ground Crew
    Bill (Spitfrnd) Wilson
    Alex "ARTMAG" Mets
    Danton2003
    Aeroplane Heaven
    John 'Bravo4' Whelan
    Gerard-Ground Crew
    Foute Man
    Bob "Wulfmann" Ruff
    Patrick DIDIER.didierpatrick@wanadoo.fr
    Mathias & Clive Morley
    Ted Miller
    James Grimes korovamb@comcast.net
    http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/korovamb/Hangar1.htm
    Martin Wright.
    gregoryp
    Graham of VB Planes, Greg Law and Mathias Pommerien
    Alessandro Biagi
    Greg Law
    Stephen Seybolt
    Mike Wholaver
    Gregory Pierson

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

I'm fine with anything you do regards my work James.
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Thanks! I have asked Rob to update as many FMs as possible to 4.xxx; when he has the time. If he does 1 of each I think I can work out how to do the others.

Icon22 aeroplane heaven emil

aloha

it's been a long time ago and i'm afraid i've forgotten about some things, but this is what i remember having done myself on the aeroplane heaven emil and it's issues and files.....

aeroplane heaven has released two versions of their bf109e...... at first they released a freeware version mapped the same way as their cfs3 payware version (and probably their fs 2004 and fs x version), but very soon after the first release a second version (mapped differently) was released. this is the version i've used for the fs bf109e's..... the first air file and the xdp file were done by bill wilson (sptfrnd) from avhistory. some issues were found: spinning tailwheel, sinking of the model in the scenery, missing cockpittextures. flying this aircraft felt like the bf109g. the aircraft had working leading edge slats to be used at low speed with the spoiler key......
    the air file and the xdp file, based on 1% spreadsheet calculations, were modified for the bob missions by bob wulfmann ruff, bill sptfrnd wilson and me. all fs bf109e's were based on these files (and updated several times)...... the secret is, and bob only told me a few years later, is that bill gave the bf109e the same air file as the spitfire mk 1, as the ah bf109e was no match for the spitfire mk1........ it also explains why the leading edge slats did not work.....

the last bf109e version/project i was working on in 2008/2009/2010 was an ai only version to be used in eto/w40. i started out by making flyable versions. i used the ah model, the w40/eto emil virtual cockpit and air file, the fs bf109e xdp file (the ah model has less hardpoints, so the w40/eto's xdp file doesn't work). i don't know what cfg file i used. i had to make some changes in the cfg file, because the virtual cockpit was visible outside the ah 3d model (you're still with me???????. as the outcome of this project was ai aircraft only i did not bother to figure out the correct position of the gunsight (and i was flying the emils mostly in hud mode myself )
    i also started to rename the models and textures for easier hex editing, so i guess the last versions i once sent to james , were the most up to date emils by me. unfortunately i had to deal with hd crashes and partial recovery, so i only have templates of most of those aircraft, and not the ready for release versions i made.

feel free to do whatever you want with these files, maybe you get the leading edge slats working again
    just put my name in the readme file.....and maybe one day i'll dive into thsi subject myself

cheeers

groetuh!!!!

ps: the original aeroplane heaven aircraft can still be found here: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...739767&page=10
    There's only one Foute Man........

QUOTE i also started to rename the models and textures for easier hex editing, so i guess the last versions i once sent to james , were the most up to date emils by me END

Were these the v2 versions or some unreleased ones? I may have to do a major search if they were later than the v2 ones.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    QUOTE i also started to rename the models and textures for easier hex editing, so i guess the last versions i once sent to james , were the most up to date emils by me END

Were these the v2 versions or some unreleased ones? I may have to do a major search if they were later than the v2 ones.
    the filefolder should have w40 or eto pre-fix. texture names have most likely changed from (example) 109e01_t.dds to bfe001_t. back in 2008/2009/2010 i did send you or uploaded to your ftp server several aircraft for flight testing, most likely also some of the emils, don't know for sure

ps 1: apologies for not replying to your pm on facebook
    ps 2: having any good hope england will make it to the quarter finals ?

Quote Originally Posted by Foute Man View Post
    the filefolder should have w40 or eto pre-fix. texture names have most likely changed from (example) 109e01_t.dds to bfe001_t. back in 2008/2009/2010 i did send you or uploaded to your ftp server several aircraft for flight testing, most likely also some of the emils, don't know for sure

ps 1: apologies for not replying to your pm on facebook
    ps 2: having any good hope england will make it to the quarter finals ?
    Sad to say allensrule.com went some some time back. I tried my emails and luckily found one attachment from you dated 1 Apr 2006 with a folder for a fs_bf109e_101v2 which has bfe101_t.dds. Was there only one example (There was an older bfe100_t.dds as well as 99 and 98 versions)?
    I also note your battleofbritain.myfastforum.org Forums isn't available any more. Is your gmail email still valid? PM new if changed.

1. No problem
    2. Well better chance than before. Let's see what happens on Tuesday.

Cheers!

Hallo Foute Man, nice to see you around, how are you doing?

Groetjes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Sad to say allensrule.com went some some time back. I tried my emails and luckily found one attachment from you dated 1 Apr 2006 with a folder for a fs_bf109e_101v2 which has bfe101_t.dds. Was there only one example (There was an older bfe100_t.dds as well as 99 and 98 versions)?<br>I also note your battleofbritain.myfastforum.org Forums isn't available any more. Is your gmail email still valid? PM new if changed.

1. No problem
    2. Well better chance than before. Let's see what happens on Tuesday.Cheers!
    the email is still the same. could you send me whatever version you can find from 2006 untill 2009/2010? you could upload it as one big file to wetransfer and&nbsp; send me the link via facebook pm. i think after having taken a look at the files i'll be able to figure out how i did the things the way i did
    going beyond #100 was what forced me to change filenaming protocol. i was working on at least one emil for every luftwaffe staffel and had made a "to do" list, and very ambitiously i had also given those future aircraft my personal "werknummer".

Quote Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
    Hallo Foute Man, nice to see you around, how are you doing?

Groetjes.
    all is well on the medical front, still alive out of computer gaming in general, but still interested in ww2 related stuff. good to see all of you are still "flying" here

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Glad to have you back. Love all your stuff. You contributed a lot to the CFS3 community. Your Bf-109's are still the best out there and i have many of them. Thanks Foute Man , Regards,Scott

re QUOTE feel free to do whatever you want with these files, maybe you get the leading edge slats working again END

I don't think the ETO_Bf109E4_2 had slats working even with the updated FM?

Quote Originally Posted by Foute Man View Post
    the email is still the same. could you send me whatever version you can find from 2006 untill 2009/2010? you could upload it as one big file to wetransfer and&nbsp; send me the link via facebook pm. i think after having taken a look at the files i'll be able to figure out how i did the things the way i did
    going beyond #100 was what forced me to change filenaming protocol. i was working on at least one emil for every luftwaffe staffel and had made a "to do" list, and very ambitiously i had also given those future aircraft my personal "werknummer".
    I assume you mean only FS versions. AFAIK I don't have anything past the v2 series and #100. I'll check again though.

SOH-CM-2020
    I assume you mean only FS versions. AFAIK I don't have anything past the v2 series and #100. I'll check again though.
    Hi Mongoose, I've had a look at my backups and I have some of Fouteman's latest bf109s. I have v100, 101, 102, 110, 111, and possibly some more in installer files. Happy to email them to you if you need them.

All these 109s are called v 2.95 by FM. The associated files are dated August 2006, definitely the most evolved of FM's 109s. Flight Model Workbook V2.83.58

In ETO it looks like the four w40 109s all share an air file and a cfg file dated June 2009, AvHistory.org Flight Model V4.00.159.

Have you tried using those .air and .cfg files in the latest FM 109s? I'd be interested to see how the old AH birds go with a new flight model.

SOH-CM-2020
    Actually, I've just had a rattle around the backups and I've found the two 109s Fouteman was talking about. These are 109s based upon the Aeroplane Heaven model which Fouteman developed further for ETO. The are called eto_bf109e049, and w40_bf109e112.

Fouteman has already done the job of adding the Av History v 4.00 flight model - so it looks like the work has already been done, all you need to do is add those .cfg and air files to all the v 2.95 109s which Fouteman made! I've compared the .air files between Fouteman's v2.95 series, and the later ones he made for eto, and the later ones are definitely changed.

That should save a bit of time

HTH,

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Actually, I've just had a rattle around the backups and I've found the two 109s Fouteman was talking about. These are 109s based upon the Aeroplane Heaven model which Fouteman developed further for ETO. The are called eto_bf109e049, and w40_bf109e112.

Fouteman has already done the job of adding the Av History v 4.00 flight model - so it looks like the work has already been done, all you need to do is add those .cfg and air files to all the v 2.95 109s which Fouteman made! I've compared the .air files between Fouteman's v2.95 series, and the later ones he made for eto, and the later ones are definitely changed.

That should save a bit of time

HTH,
    Weird I don't have those so please do email me. I'm PM'ing the aady to you now, Great find!

Never mind mate, I've now found them all. but you put me on the right track!

OK now I'll check the FMs but note no new Hurricanes there.

SOH-CM-2020

FS bfe049

Thought I'd upload a couple of pics of one of Fouteman's Emils prepared for ETO back in 2008. I tried to introduce the nice new gunsight using the effect provided for the xdp, but I am lacking the actual OKL gunsight texture. Hence my cockpit looks a bit off.

However the FM seems similar to that of the v2.95 aircraft, just a bit harder in QC dogfight with a MkIIB Tomahawk (thoughtfully provided by Pat Pattle) than the v2.95 flight model. Presumably the slightly harder Av History v4.00 flight model is more realistic ("hard" = "better" ??).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FS bfe049 3.jpg   FS bfe049.jpg   FS 109 eto cockpit.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020

w40 bf109e112

Here is the other Emil I have that Fouteman prepared for eto. Might as well have a look at what we are talking about. Also a shot of the v2.95 cockpit (AFAIK). With a modern WQHD monitor, these old FM skins look great, great idea by Mongoose to upgrade these and other older BoB era aircraft to populate Clives update of Bob for CFS3 (well that's what I plan to do with the aircraft)

I think the cockpit is the second AH cockpit version - is that right, Mongoose?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FS 109 cockpit.jpg   FS bfe109e112 w40.jpg   FS bfe109e112 w40 2.jpg  

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

@ David
    Yes the pit is as #3 in post 8 by you above and post 22 by me.

@ Andy your post 23 above did the trick. I assume that what you just meant?

--------

I tried to update the 109 pit to the ETO one but didn't work. See#18 above.

So far I haven't really looked at all these eto and w40 aircraft from Ton as I have been busy uploading them for him as he lost all.

No Hurricanes; Rob is on it!

The following fsbf109's have not been updated to either etobf109's or w40bf109s. I noted when comparing the types, the textures of the latter 2 were a lot crisper than the fs ones.

All eto and w40 ones are
    // Flight Model By: Bill (Spitfrnd) Wilson
    // Aircraft Model: Aeroplane Heaven
    // Cockpit: Mike Wholaver
    // Exterior Textures: Foute Man
    // 5/9/07 12:29 AM
    // AvHistory.org Flight Model V4.00.159

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fsBf109s.jpg  

eto and w40 Fouteman Bf110's FM not updated but D17's and He111's updated to 4. the following fs***** aircraft not updated to eto and w40 versions

@ David. Were the shared files updated or still the same as fs versions?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 110s do17s he`111s.jpg  

eto w40 Ju87s 88s and spitfires. 87's and 88's Model 4.xx but don't know what the spitfires are. Rob you did them?

These fs aircraft not updated

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 88s spitfires.jpg  

The following fsbf109's have not been updated to either etobf109's or w40bf109s. I noted when comparing the types, the textures of the latter 2 were a lot crisper than the fs ones.

All eto and w40 ones are
    // Flight Model By: Bill (Spitfrnd) Wilson
    // Aircraft Model: Aeroplane Heaven
    // Cockpit: Mike Wholaver
    // Exterior Textures: Foute Man
    // 5/9/07 12:29 AM
    // AvHistory.org Flight Model V4.00.159

Ok my first look at some of these is that they don't all have the later virtual pit and the sound effects need updating as well as the cockpit views in the xdp file. Plus dynamic reticles and some xdp effects. I gues some work for me to do!

Members who have read this thread: 0