Sikorsky S-42 Flying Boat for FSX and P3Dv3/4 (FSX Native).zip

Thread: Sikorsky S-42 Flying Boat for FSX and P3Dv3/4 (FSX Native).zip

Sikorsky S-42 Flying Boat for FSX and P3Dv3/4 (FSX Native).zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category Prepar 3D / P4D Add-Ons

Description: George Diemer's Sikorsky S-42 Flying Boat upgraded to FSX Native. (By Permission of the original author)

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Sikorsky S-42 Flying Boat for FSX and P3Dv3/4 (FSX Native).zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thank you for bringing this line of flying boats back to life into latest simulators versions! I had to leave them behind when migrating from Flight Simulator to P3D (version 2 up to latest), and it will be a pleasure to do island hopping again with these old ladies!
    I guess you have probably scheduled to update also the 38, 39 and 40....
    Nice flights coming, guys!
    Blue skies
    Philippe
    Windows 10 x64, Z170A Gaming Pro Mobo, i7-6700K CPU (no O/C), 32 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX3060 12Gb, P3D v5 latest edition, mesh Toposim, packs ORBX FTX Global Base + Vector + OpenLC, + Trees HD, ASP3D, ASCA, P3D v6 latest edition, mesh Toposim + TEP, X-Plane 12, simHeaven X-World, M2XP Antarctica

Good work great fan of these Sikorsky and George's work. Have them all. Done quite a few hours in them all. Especially this one. Great to see it has been redone to be native FSX wonderful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tn_2017-9-19_13-12-42-201.jpg  

Rudder Problem?

Good to see this for FSX but I seem to have no right rudder deflection on the visual model. The aircraft behaves correctly but the rudder animation only works to the left and is reversed from other aircraft. Has anyone else got this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by johnwillimas2 View Post
    Good to see this for FSX but I seem to have no right rudder deflection on the visual model. The aircraft behaves correctly but the rudder animation only works to the left and is reversed from other aircraft. Has anyone else got this problem?

I have been trying to use it (and the other two) in P3Dv4.2 with the same issue. Additionally, in my case the aileron animation is also affected. When operating them, both deflect up rather than opposite of each other. As you mentioned, the models behave correctly, but the animations seem to be off. The animations of all three of the models behave in this fashion.

Confirming... under P3D v4.2, wings and tail moving surfaces (except flaps) animation troubles for the 3 models, unfortunately...
    Windows 10 x64, Z170A Gaming Pro Mobo, i7-6700K CPU (no O/C), 32 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX3060 12Gb, P3D v5 latest edition, mesh Toposim, packs ORBX FTX Global Base + Vector + OpenLC, + Trees HD, ASP3D, ASCA, P3D v6 latest edition, mesh Toposim + TEP, X-Plane 12, simHeaven X-World, M2XP Antarctica

Members who have read this thread: 3