Looking for a texture package recommend?

Thread: Looking for a texture package recommend?

Looking for a texture package recommend?

Good day to everyone and Hello! I have had FSX Deluxe with the Acceleration updates installed for quite awhile on my "workstation", but for some personal reasons related to the fact that my late wife got it for me: i haven't really been able to enjoy until recently. Now that i have been "exploring" it, i have found myself very dissatisfied with it out of the box. In its stock form, it doesn't seem to offer me much more then what i have modified my FS2004 installs to. For instance, here is a screenshot from FSX...

FSX out of the box install to FSX Acceleration....

Compared to what i have brought my FS9 install to....

FS2004 with modified texture from REX's Real Environment + Overdrive

Both sims are using FSGlobal mesh

I am wanting FSX to look as good as my modified FS9 install...suggestions please?

(Both screenshots are aircraft flying out of Victerville, Ca. over the Southern California deserts.)
    "Thats some of the best flying I have ever seen, upto the point that your dead, Never ever leave your wingman!"......Jester, Top Gun

For me personally, that would be FTX Global with REX for the clouds!

Priller

FSX is lacking in correct terrain features and textures. I use Ultimate Terrain X USA and Ultimate Terrain X Tropical Americas and Caribbean to correct road positions and provide correct land class. Ground Environment X for ground textures, but I hear that FTX Global is also really good. For sky textures, I use the textures that came with Active Sky 2012, but this is the only version of Active Sky to have it's own texture sets. If I had to pick a sky texture set, it would be REX Texture Direct with Soft Clouds. If you use real time weather, you will quickly find that MicroSoft's real weather is no longer real weather. Their contract with Jeppessen expired several years ago, so there is no contact between FSX and the Jeppessen weather servers. For real time weather, it's hard to beat Active Sky 16.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

FSX Better

I have purchased Global, Vectors and NA America from ORBX and downloaded the free stuff for areas I want to fly in. Really worth it. Makes FSX so much better. I am running a Windows 7 64 Bit Acer laptop with 25 inch extra monitor. It is not a tremendously powerful graphics card from Intel and it STILL is really beautiful. I also use REX for my real weather and textures. Also IMO well worth the investment. My 2 cents. I used to fly without it and it made a lot of difference.

Another vote for FTX Global, Vector, and NA landclass, just for starters. FTX also has a ton of freeware and samples of their regional products. They are well worth a look.

[EDIT - reread and noticed you already have mesh covered]
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Members who have read this thread: 0