Sikorsky S-44 Flying Boat for FSX and P3Dv3/4 (FSX Native).zip

Thread: Sikorsky S-44 Flying Boat for FSX and P3Dv3/4 (FSX Native).zip

Sikorsky S-44 Flying Boat for FSX and P3Dv3/4 (FSX Native).zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category Prepar 3D / P4D Add-Ons

Description: This is an FSX Native conversion of George Diemer's Sikorsky S-44 Flying Boat. Done using ModelConverterX with permission of the original author.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Sikorsky S-44 Flying Boat for FSX and P3Dv3/4 (FSX Native).zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

This flying boat is actually called a Sikorsky VS-44, a result of Sikorsky and Chance Vought merging. It was intended to be serious competition for the Boeing 314 on the transatlantic routes. It was a bit smaller than the B314, but was faster and longer ranged. American Export Airlines ordered three built, but Pan American Airlines stayed with their B314s. The VS-44 had an interesting career, later serving Avalon Air Transport (Catalina Air Lines), flying into the late sixties. One, the Excambrian, still exists and was completely restored by Sikorsky not far from where she was originally built. She is now located in the New England Air Museum where she iis on indoor display.

Again let me say thank you. My Sikorsky flying boat collection complete again for FSX. Well done and very much appreciated. The Sikorsky's by George Diemer were classics and very finely done, the level of attention to detail in and out was extraordinary. Great to see them get a new lease of life.

I didn't do the Pan Am paint to be historically accurate. I did it because I wanted to.

Members who have read this thread: 0