P-47 repaints by bub released!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P-47 repaints by bub released!

Icon22 P-47 repaints by bub released!

Anyone willing to try a repaint of a KM P-47? I suck at painting and could use some help. Looking to have one from the 486thFS/352ndFG. Original texture and repaint pic here

Just started fooling around with this. This is as far as I've gotten. Let me know what the tail number is, and PZ-?

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P-47D.jpg  
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Found what I need as far as markings. Just need a little time to finish up.

Bob
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Looking great bub. Gotta love the Jug.

Thanks Bub. Looking forward to adding this to my A/C files.

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by Worthless View Post
    Looking great bub. Gotta love the Jug.

I love Jugs...all types...

Shessi

Very nice work Bob. Looking forward to seeing the finished repaint.

Shessi....

..you are talking about the plane here, right?

Hi all,
    Before you go patting me on the back for this repaint, all the credit goes to Cobrauk, Gil Shaw. All I did was take three of his wonderful repaints and "cut and paste" to make one. The only "things" that will be mine, the PZ-R, 28412 and "Sweetie", along with the Vargas girl and some other minor markings. Give me a little time on this one, as I want to do it justice.
    Thanks,
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sweetie 2a.jpg  

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    I love Jugs...all types...

Shessi
    Think every guy....loves jugs!

Cheerz mav

Bub, looks great! Can't wait to get her into the air in my 486th Early campaign.

Hi All,
    Got a little more done. Lettering and tail numbers. Still have to resize Sweetie and the Vargas Girl. Hope to finish up soon.
    Thanks,
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P-47D 1.jpg  

Bob, Is there a way to get copies with and without the nose art? Since this will also be a generic squadron plane I could also do with a copy without. Paint job looks outstanding so far and i really appreciate the help you've given me.

All done. Just a little touch-up and I'll get it uploaded.
    Col. No sweat, I can add one with generic markings and no nose art.
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P-47D 3.jpg   P-47D 4.jpg  

And, the "generic" one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P-47D gen.jpg  

Love the Jug

Bub....
    One of my favorite books is "Thunderbolt" by Robert S. Johnson and Martin Caidin. While I found a skin of one of his airplanes created for the FDG P-47, I always thought it a shame we didn't have one to go with K. Malinowski's great Razorback. Don't suppose you've got room enough on your easel for another? I'm partial to "Lucky".

Worthless,
    Let me finish this one up first. After I get it uploaded, I'll take a look.
    Bob

You know. I'm mistaken. There is a skin for the KM -47, not an FDG and not "Lucky" but unpainted "Penrod and Sam". . Still, love to see a KM skin for "Lucky" if you can work it in.

"Lucky"

Worthless,
    Just a start. When I finish this one, I'll upload the others in one shot.
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P-47D Lucky.jpg  

Thanks Bub. Really appreciate it.

Found some time and got it done. A little touch up and I'll get it uploaded.
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P-47D Lucky 1.jpg  

Ok, now it's done. Re-positioned the name panel and kill markings, after shrinking them a bit. They look more in proportion. Tried to tighten up a couple of spots. Probably won't notice, I can't. I'll upload everything after the Fourth.
    Have a happy and safe Fourth of July.
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P-47D Lucky 3.jpg  

Posted the wrong screenshot. This is the corrected one. Sorry for any confusion.
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P-47D Lucky 4.jpg  

Nice texs Bub.... pilot makes a big difference... looks good..... better than the blow dolls they usually come with... even if you only did add em via dp file....

Cheerz mav

Members who have read this thread: 0