Battle of the Hudsons - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battle of the Hudsons

It looks like to me that the Lodestars have got Hudson textures on them that are not meant for them, seems to me that the problem is that the models and textures have somehow got mixed up. I think you should just uninstall the whole package and then reinstall them in the proper sequence.
    I dont think there would be anything wrong with the textures, it's just that the order of the models and textures are out of place.
    Mark

Hey Joe,

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    This is the base Model 14, SAA would not be my first choice of liveries and the blue is way oversaturated but its not too bad.
    Some light reading: http://www.saamuseum.co.za/our-aircr...-lodestar.html

Regards,
    Stratobat
    'If the literal sense makes good sense, seek no other sense lest you come up with nonsense'

Very odd indeed. I keep a backup of my 'ready to fly' aircraft on an external HD.
    Mainly to keep the .cfg in order if there are addition repaints added, where possible this includes gauges and effects.
    By way of an experiment I ran the installer into FSX, removed the aircraft folder and replaced it with my backup.
    No very pleased and rather puzzled as my P3D installer was fine but without my backup files, so that might be the missing link.
    And just to really piss me off finding paperwork several years old to look for any updates is a PITA!

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Agree

As Ian said install dxtbmp and
    Open the program file
    Find the texture file drag it across and
    Select the image tab and then
    Select flip image and alpha then finally
    Save as dxt5 dds
    Definitely a flipping issue - agree.

Just to tidy up this thread, I purchased FSAddons Husdon package when it first was released in August 2012, an update followed om March 2013. This original release did not provide for P3D installation. I was not aware of an "Expansion Package" for the original release.

Much later, a new installer package for both FSX and P3D was released by FSAddons, along with an expansion package. It seems that the newer package is the subject of this thread.

The file FSAD-Hudson-Upd1 relates to the original release: FSAD-Hudson-SCP-ser. The update was not designed for the newer release:FSAD-SM-ser-Hudson-P3D.exe, but was already included.

Also, perhaps some of the older repaints do not quite fit the newer release?

Quote Originally Posted by llanning08 View Post
    Just to tidy up this thread, I purchased FSAddons Husdon package when it first was released in August 2012, an update followed om March 2013. This original release did not provide for P3D installation. I was not aware of an "Expansion Package" for the original release.

Much later, a new installer package for both FSX and P3D was released by FSAddons, along with an expansion package. It seems that the newer package is the subject of this thread.

The file FSAD-Hudson-Upd1 relates to the original release: FSAD-Hudson-SCP-ser. The update was not designed for the newer release:FSAD-SM-ser-Hudson-P3D.exe, but was already included.

Look at newer texture folders - are they dds extensions for the texture files? Now, look at an older folder that seems to be screwed up on the plane - are they bmp extensions? If so, it is a simple flipping problem

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by llanning08 View Post

Mine is the combined FsX/P3D package, with expansion pack included, and I have none of the problems?
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Icon4

Hi guys, Francois here (thanks to Ian alerting me).... sorry, I have been in retirement since October last year and don't have a life since... SO much to do that I don't even have time to visit these forums anymore... grrrmmbl....

Anyway, as Ferry mentioned, if you just install the 'new' P3D version and subsequently the Exptension pack, you should not have any problems. I am not aware of any 'updates'. If there were any, it was for the initial release back in 2012... and they have been lost from my servers since I moved to Italy :-( But you would not need them.

Anyone else with a similar problem? I'll be happy to provide the links to the latest files. Also, be aware that there are different file names, depending WHERE you bought the package. Lik the ones with -SM- in the name come from SimMarket. - SCP- is from my own shop (Stands for Silver Cloud Publishing, the company that I closed when I retired).

Ian is making some new texture versions that I'll happily host on my website with the other dowloads. But making an entirely new installer is not an option currently. Just too many other thigns to do !

Francois
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Hi Francois, thanks for joining the conversation. I purchased from fsaddonshop.com last week and installed the p3d version followed by the expansion pack. Hudson-P3D-SCP-ser.zip and HudsonEXP-SCP-wos.zip. If you have some updated files I could try that would be wonderful.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Very odd indeed. I keep a backup of my 'ready to fly' aircraft on an external HD.
    Mainly to keep the .cfg in order if there are addition repaints added, where possible this includes gauges and effects.
    By way of an experiment I ran the installer into FSX, removed the aircraft folder and replaced it with my backup.
    No very pleased and rather puzzled as my P3D installer was fine but without my backup files, so that might be the missing link.
    And just to really piss me off finding paperwork several years old to look for any updates is a PITA!

I downloaded aussieman's two textures for the Mk3 Civ and they both show the same issue as this. Take careful note of the door near the rear of the fuselage, its not upside down and its in the correct orientation. The front of the textures, including the forward fuselage is fine.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Hi Francois, thanks for joining the conversation. I purchased from fsaddonshop.com last week

Mine came from the FSPilotShop.com, maybe that explains why mine is working..?
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I downloaded aussieman's two textures for the Mk3 Civ and they both show the same issue as this. Take careful note of the door near the rear of the fuselage, its not upside down and its in the correct orientation. The front of the textures, including the forward fuselage is fine.
    Very strange, and no, we didn't do any updates on the Hudson. Let me check the support forum... we DID have some issues in the very beginning, but as far as I know these were all resolved.
    Umbria, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Mine came from the FSPilotShop.com, maybe that explains why mine is working..?
    Ferry, the only difference between the shops would be the installer, because they required other serial numbers. But I'll have a look see and count the files included.
    Umbria, Italy

Exclamation

Further to my previous replies.... I checked our own support forums and found a thread noting this same issue.
    I thought it had been resolved since..... maybe we did (see Ferry's version) but forgot to upload a change? I cannot remember anymore... old brains :-( :-(

I have shot Simon an email to see if he remembers, or can address it otherwise.

If nothing else, I will upload some of the (discontinued) files that were used in the other shops and make them available for testing.
    May take a few days because I am out and about more often than not..... sorry !!!

Francios
    Umbria, Italy

Didn't quite escape.
    I just checked my Adastra aircraft from the original SCP installers (Hudson-SCP-wos.exe and HudsonEXP-SCP-wos.zip) and the textures on that are messed up as well. It only looks like "lhb_fuselage_rear.dds" and the associated spec sheet in the /GFA LH HUDSON MK3 CIVIL/texture.mk6_civil folder is out of whack. Flipping it makes no difference and looking in ModelConverterX, it fits neither of the models in the model folder (mk.3 or Mk6).

However... If I temporarily "borrow" the Lodestar Mk6 TWA lhb_fuselage_rear, that fits the Mk6 model in the Adastra folder perfectly. It still doesn't fit the Mk.3 model, which appears to be mirrored horizontally or rotated (I've not investigated which) rather than mirrored vertically.

Borrowing the SAA livery from the GFA LH HUDSON PART 4 folder, that fits the Mk3 model in the MK3 CIVIL folder perfectly and doesn't fit the Mk6. The BA Lodestar livery from the PART 4 folder also fits the Mk3 model in MK3 CIVIL but doesn't fit the Mk6.

The upshot of all that? Edit the model.cfg in your /GFA LH HUDSON MK3 CIVIL/texture.mk6_civil folder, change the two "LODESTAR Mk6"s to say "HUDSON MK3" and voila. Your Adastra aircraft is back.

I guess that at some point, in the original installer files, the contents of the Lodestar Mk.6 folder got placed in the Hudson Mk.3 Civil folder and the model.cfg got overwritten.

That was fun. Guess I'd better test the other installer now.

Oh. Yeah. I also toned down the green. I'll send those files over to Francois.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Edited to add: With reference to the oversaturated exterior colours, part of the problem is that the specular maps are coloured, rather than greyscale. I have done the military interior spec map but no exterior ones. I'm not sure how much difference this will make, exactly, but I can greyscale one and see what it looks like, if you like? It's starting to mean that I'm editing >>a lot<< of files, though...
    Last edited by IanP; June 22nd, 2018 at 07:24.

Many thanks for that Ian ! I really have no idea how and WHEN this happened, seeing that almost nobody ever complained.... so I wasn't aware of any issues. Just checked my own installation and everything looks just fine, so must have installed from a different installer, or before I introduced the error ! :-(

I won't be able to work much on it the next few weeks, having to travel abroad, but will look into it upon return and try and fix the installers.

Apologies to anyone having problems with it.... !!
    Umbria, Italy

Didn't quite escape.
    I've sent a link to Francois with the updated files on, but I won't share it in public right now, 1) until he says so and 2) because it has the old textures, new textures and .psd files in, so is a little over-large and 66.6 recurring percent of the content is irrelevant to most people!

Ian P.

Members who have read this thread: 1