"Cannot set allocations" error

Thread: "Cannot set allocations" error

Hybrid View

"Cannot set allocations" error

Righto guys, I think this is related to the last Win10 er, improvement...

Seems all Cloud9 product are affected , F-4, F-104, MB339 and the FSDT sceneries I have installed.

Anyone else come across this?

ttfn

Pete

Never have seen that "allocations" notification. The Cloud 9 caught my attention because they have limited use, free trial options for trying their aircraft. When I tried their Phantom I ran into various problems.

I've run them for years (paid for, with proper licence code) with no problems, reinstalled and activated all without issues until this latest Windows update.

Ttfn

Pete

Hi, I hate Windows 10; there I've said it. Our last W 8.1 worked perfectly, but that one went off to the Land of dreams and we were reduced to this latest iteration. I hate the little kindergarten squares, so I've reinstalled Classic Shell, which is still not 100%. I hate that it decides when to do the updates, and most of all I hate the fact that FSRecorder no longer works...just a pompous message and that sick making 'OK' in the box. It's so obvious it's not OK because the program won't work.

And, no Media Player.

Here's a company so vast it can cure every known and unknown disease and yet cannot update it's own program without abandoning it's old ones.

Have a good day!

Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    most of all I hate the fact that FSRecorder no longer works...just a pompous message and that sick making 'OK' in the box. It's so obvious it's not OK because the program won't work.

And, no Media Player.

Here's a company so vast it can cure every known and unknown disease and yet cannot update it's own program without abandoning it's old ones.

Have a good day!

Andy.

Strangely, fsrecorder still works for me, I had redownload all the C++ and net runtime things.

And I think Ive managed to sort that error by turing off Windows 'Data execution prevention' in the security setting of Windows Defender....at least until the next update.

Ttfn

Pete

Hi, Apologies for my little rant. Andy.

Members who have read this thread: 0