"Cannot set allocations" error

Thread: "Cannot set allocations" error

"Cannot set allocations" error

Righto guys, I think this is related to the last Win10 er, improvement...

Seems all Cloud9 product are affected , F-4, F-104, MB339 and the FSDT sceneries I have installed.

Anyone else come across this?

ttfn

Pete

Never have seen that "allocations" notification. The Cloud 9 caught my attention because they have limited use, free trial options for trying their aircraft. When I tried their Phantom I ran into various problems.

I've run them for years (paid for, with proper licence code) with no problems, reinstalled and activated all without issues until this latest Windows update.

Ttfn

Pete

Hi, I hate Windows 10; there I've said it. Our last W 8.1 worked perfectly, but that one went off to the Land of dreams and we were reduced to this latest iteration. I hate the little kindergarten squares, so I've reinstalled Classic Shell, which is still not 100%. I hate that it decides when to do the updates, and most of all I hate the fact that FSRecorder no longer works...just a pompous message and that sick making 'OK' in the box. It's so obvious it's not OK because the program won't work.

And, no Media Player.

Here's a company so vast it can cure every known and unknown disease and yet cannot update it's own program without abandoning it's old ones.

Have a good day!

Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    most of all I hate the fact that FSRecorder no longer works...just a pompous message and that sick making 'OK' in the box. It's so obvious it's not OK because the program won't work.

And, no Media Player.

Here's a company so vast it can cure every known and unknown disease and yet cannot update it's own program without abandoning it's old ones.

Have a good day!

Andy.

Strangely, fsrecorder still works for me, I had redownload all the C++ and net runtime things.

And I think Ive managed to sort that error by turing off Windows 'Data execution prevention' in the security setting of Windows Defender....at least until the next update.

Ttfn

Pete

Hi, Apologies for my little rant. Andy.

And people look at me aghast when I flatly refuse to use anything other than Win7-64!!!!!
    I built up a small form factor PC for my wife and loaded Win10 onboard as a trial.
    Bloody thing has gone rogue several times and Sofie has decreed that Win10 has to go..........to be replaced by Win7.
    Either that or she will go 'Mac'.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    And people look at me aghast when I flatly refuse to use anything other than Win7-64!!!!!...
    Me too! I'm presently engaged, with the assistance of a techie friend, in rebuilding my confutor, and the program involves cloning and saving the drive that has Win7pro on it. I'll have a new drive set-up with Win7pro and my FS partition on a high speed drive in the confutor, plus the local drive with Win7pro on another new drive stashed away safely, so at any point in the future we can rebuild this rig again, or build a new one, with a clean copy of Win7pro on it.

Too bad I didn't think of that when it was still possible to find a clean copy of WinXP.

Members who have read this thread: 0