Heinkel He178

Thread: Heinkel He178

Hybrid View

Heinkel He178

I'm in love with this old machine, I found this model of Heinkel He178, simple model but with a few hours of work ended up getting interesting, I made a paint kit for him, but now I have no idea how to paint it , do you have any information on how it was really the painting of the prototype?, and also some suggestions of paintings are accepted

English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Hello Mario,

I believe the original prototype was natural metal but you can also look at other contemporary designs from that era for reference regarding the textures.

There is a photograph of a replica Heinkel He 178 at the Rostock-Laage Airport (Note Heinkel logo on tail) on the Heinkel He 178's Wikipedia page:

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinkel_He_178

For suggestions regarding other paint schemes, try having a look on Google Images. There are some nicely built plastic model kits of the Heinkel He 178 but the colour schemes all tend to follow a similar theme - natural metal and/ or grey.

Good luck with your textures

Regards,
    Stratobat
    'If the literal sense makes good sense, seek no other sense lest you come up with nonsense'

making a texture of metal, in FSX was right but in P3D is not appearing, what will? in fact I noticed that all aircraft in P3D the Alpha does not appear, something is wrong

FSX

P3D
    English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Probably material settings in the mdl file not coded correctly for P3D. Just a guess.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Members who have read this thread: 0