Scrub's uploaded a Tempest

Thread: Scrub's uploaded a Tempest

Scrub's uploaded a Tempest

If you have'nt the AH Typhoon but feel the need for some Hawker tank -Loco busting action, then Scrub has released a conversion of David Hanvey and Paul Barry classic fs2004 Tempest for you, I have the AH Tiffie but the later Mk2 really floats my boat and there's lots of repaints in our library that are easily convertible into FSX.

Im using some repaints by Morton for my Mk2, ran them through my DDS batch converter to sharpen them up a bit

Cool!
    Great if our man Scrub would also convert their great Sea Fury to work in FSX and PD3v4.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

You never know with Scrubby, he seems to be working his way through the Hawkers.
    Although i own and i'd seriously recommend the Flying Station payware FB11 to other's
    good value payware.

http://www.flyingstations.com/sea-fury.html

You wanted a Sea Fury, loved this model in FS9

FSX - FSX Modern MilitaryFSX/P3D v3/v4 Hawker Sea Fury
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: seafury_fb11.zip
    Size: 22,973,412 Date: 06-21-2018 Downloads: 12

FSX/P3D v3/v4 Hawker Sea Fury. The Hawker Sea Fury was the last propeller-driven fighter to serve with the Royal Navy, and one of the fastest production single seat piston-engined aircraft ever built. Whilst the Sea Fury was too late to see service within the Second World War, it made its impact on the opening stages of the Korean war with great distinction. Hawker Sea Fury WJ232 (Coded 114) flown by Peter Carmichael, damaged a Mig-15 in a head on attack. It was the first and only Air-to-Air kill for the Sea Fury in the Korean war. The feat showed the remarkable potential of the aircraft, even when faced with vastly superior opposition and secured its place in the rapidly developing history of aviation. Native FSX/P3D model by A.F. Scrub.

Not sure that this an upgraded version of the Hanvey Sea Fury - readme file refers top Tom Stafford and a CFS2 model .... Pity was hoping for a "Scrubbed" two seater !

I didn't read that particular "read me", but I d/l this and the aircraft.cfg file refers to this being a Scrubbs' model dated March 2018. It looks very good inside and out, the sounds are very distinctive and specific to the Centaurus engine. What surprised me was it simulated a"cartridge" start (didn't know they had that back then) as opposed to a flywheel/inertial starter. It sounds like the cartidge explosion spins a flywheel and then the engine turns over. That was a pleasant surprise. The FDE is easy to fly albeit I doubt if the heavy Hawker would be as nimble as the Spitfire as this FDE purposes. I didn't see a two place in the d/l. Otherwise, it sure beats the Critical Mass model as far as realism goes. I will be keeping this one on the flightline for awhile. I enjoyed it. Definitely worth the 80 megs on the disc. Terry
    Last edited by simtech; June 21st, 2018 at 15:08. Reason: Spelling error

SOH-CM-2023
    Got a link to some of those repaints?
    You can't take the sky from me...

The Coffman starter drove a separate piston which turned the engine over: no heavy flywheel involved. As far as the FDE goes, Tempests were boom&zoom fighters which fought more in the vertical plane than dogfighters. Few were as nimble as a Spitfire (or Hurricane or especially Zero.)

Nigel Richards did a splendid Centaurus sound set which included the Coffman starter sound: he kindly let me include it with a Tempest II I did for CFS3.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Got a link to some of those repaints?
    You'll have to make up your own texture folders and cfg entrie's, and use the prop texture's from Scrubbys version, It may be different for you, but these texture's were a bit blurry for me so i had to convert them to DDS

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...dcats=1&page=3

Where might one find a "Teapot" to accompany that "Tempest?"
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Where might one find a "Teapot" to accompany that "Tempest?"
    Oh, very droll!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Where?

Where can I find Scrub's converted Tempest? Looked here.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    Where can I find Scrub's converted Tempest? Looked here.

Bill
    Found it here: http://www.fs2000.org/2018/06/13/fsx...er-tempest-ii/
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Further conversion

Found it! Without taking any credit away from the excellent conversion by Mr. Scrub, the Tempest VC really shows it's age. Fortunately Flying Station's Hawker Sea Fury has a very good VC (and is appropriate). A little conversion can merge the two. You will need to move your view point aft to -5.8 and raise it to +3.5. What we need now is someone who is knowledgeable on how to make the canopy glass visible (as well as the prop in spot view). Improving the fuselage natural metal textures is an art form known to the few. Any suggestions on someone that we might appeal to?

I hope this discussion will continue, as this is a rare and unusual bird.

Best to you all,

Bill

Members who have read this thread: 0