Cessna C-37 Airmaster

Thread: Cessna C-37 Airmaster

Cessna C-37 Airmaster

David Wooster is back at it, and his latest plane is a Cessna C-37 Airmaster. As always, he did a great job on it.

The Airmaster was built in several variants in the mid- to late-1930s. It was a traditional steel tube and fabric airplane, and you can see in its lines the classic post-war all-metal C-190/195 Businessliner.

There are a number of skins, some historically authentic and others speculative, with standard factory colors and trim and made-up registration numbers. The authentic skins include some really attractive modern restorations and the first Cessna airplane that ever went to Australia.

The Airmaster has been uploaded and should be on the download page as soon as Rami does his librarian thing for today.

Welcome back David!

Well a big thank you to David Wooster and Mick for bringing this outstanding bird to us.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Blog Entries
    Thank you David for a very handsome Cessna, nicely modeled and fun to fly. And thanks to Mick for the colorful paint variety.

The Airmaster wasn't the first cantilever high wing Cessna, but it was the one that saved Cessna from bankruptcy. For an earlier one, we have the Model A that Bill Ortis gave us many years ago.

You can tell at a glance that the pre-WW2 steel tube and fabric Airmaster was the sire of the post-war all-metal C190/195 Busninessliner.

I've had Joe Binka's C195 in my classic era sim for all these years and now, thanks to David, I have its predecessor in Golden Wings.

With a switch from radials to horizontally opposed engines and a new semi-cantilever wing, the C190 begat the C170 and the whole line of modern high wing Cessnas. The Airmaster was the granddaddy of them all.

There are still plenty of Airmasters around on the antique airplane circuit. Most of the authentic liveries I painted are modern restorations.

Members who have read this thread: 0