Nasty Dogfight Online This Afternoon Persian Gulf

Thread: Nasty Dogfight Online This Afternoon Persian Gulf

Nasty Dogfight Online This Afternoon Persian Gulf

Today I ran another online Dogfight with the Hornet over the Straight Hormuz which was a rather nasty 2 v 4 engagement against Mig-29's. My wingman got zapped head-on leaving me to deal with the remaining 4 on my own. I quickly hit and killed one head on with an AIM-7M then was left to contend with the other 3 Migs. I clawed my way around to end up popping another with an AIM-9M before engaging the last 2 trying to take them down with my remaining AIM-9M's as well but ended up with failures to track. I kept clawing until I was able to get a good guns angle on one and shot his left wing off. With 1 remaining and working to get a guns angle on me (I managed to evade all the missile shots at me until all bogey's were Winchester), I kept maneuvering trying to drag him down into the water or throw him off long enough for me to get a good guns angle. I ended up scissoring onto his Six in the vertical (up) and as we both bled down speed, he chopped his throttle trying to force me to overshoot. Realizing what he was doing, I did the same yet I did slightly overshoot and he tried to kick his rudder & nose to the left and get a cross angle (deflection shot) slicing with his 30mm cannon. I heard a burst but just at that instant (as I chopped my throttles) I also hit my air brakes, he went back into burner, slid his right wing across my left vert at a angle and ripped off my left vert and his right wing. He punched out, I flew home. The flight with one vert was pretty stable but the approach and landing were not so easy and off-speed but nonetheless, I made a safe landing. I made this observation, the AIM-7M's performance is So-So, the AIM-9M for whatever reason seems to be less effective in lock-up, post shot tracking, and hit percentage than previous versions I have used in DCS. Maybe it's me, I don't know, it just seems like it. I will be glad when the AIM-120 gets added in (hopefully it will be a C7 model) and the AIM-9X (Block I & II) with the JHMCS (Helmet Mounted Display/Aiming). The Hornet is a VERY dynamic model in DCS. To be honest, I don't think I have ever seen anything so complex and seemingly realistic in any previous combat flight sim I have ever used. Amazing is not the word!

Last edited by StormILM; June 8th, 2018 at 23:27.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yikes! Awesome!!!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Whao!!! Nice Job Storm!!!

Patrick

Reminds me of that old pic of the 2 VFC-12 jets after the mid-air. Related question, what MP server are you on? I'm re-familiarizing myself with DCS.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Reminds me of that old pic of the 2 VFC-12 jets after the mid-air. Related question, what MP server are you on? I'm re-familiarizing myself with DCS.
    Thanks guys! I got lucky (regardless of skill!).

Victory103, I can't recall right off, I usually find whoever, whatever is available and go. Almost invariably I end up getting stuck with players who are hell bent on outnumbering me and firing all their BVR weapons as quickly as they can to try and splash me. Every now & then they get me but I pull out my bag of tricks to try and force them into a close-in merge so we can fight fair for a 3v1 engagement! lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 0