Aar progress

Thread: Aar progress

Aar progress

I've always had a hard time connecting to the basket. I finally put in some sick time and it's finally clearing up! Good progress was made last night.

https://youtu.be/dZVpTLFuBRY
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

So, with the news from NVIDIA that they are not going to be releasing the new GTX 1180 any time soon, and because of that announcement, my good wife authorized me to purchase a new gfx card, before the prices skyrocket again since new cards won't be available. I ordered a GTX 1080 Ti. Got it on a sale and no tax (for my state WA) for $799. Which is a steal from where the price point has been for the last year which is double that price! It arrives on 6/12. Can't wait to try this again with higher res and better settings!!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    So, with the news from NVIDIA that they are not going to be releasing the new GTX 1180 any time soon, and because of that announcement, my good wife authorized me to purchase a new gfx card, before the prices skyrocket again since new cards won't be available. I ordered a GTX 1080 Ti. Got it on a sale and no tax (for my state WA) for $799. Which is a steal from where the price point has been for the last year which is double that price! It arrives on 6/12. Can't wait to try this again with higher res and better settings!!
    You are going to an entirely new level my friend. Prepare to be blown away...Bigly!!!
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Had you in mind Gordon when I purchased! I saw you in the thread and hoped you'd see it. LOL. Yes, this is one of the reasons I went quiet in the P3D forums. I've basically just can't take flying in lowered settings anymore.....to DCS was a good switch...But, once this card is installed, Tessellation is going to 100% and I'm going to try to max out my sliders as much as possible. Hopefully the that combined with my 8 core CPU and the 64 bit architecture will finally break me over the 30 FPS mark! or at least give me a constant 30 FPS! Maybe I'll finally be able to have some trees in WA and not have a slide show to go with it! HEHE
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Nice job Rick, there are a few vids out with some HUD visual cues to use. I have just started on the Hornet, pretty busy with 2 new installs of P3D and finally able to run DCS as it should be. No VR yet, but the training flights have gone well in the Hornet!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Blog Entries
    Had you in mind Gordon when I purchased! I saw you in the thread and hoped you'd see it. LOL. Yes, this is one of the reasons I went quiet in the P3D forums. I've basically just can't take flying in lowered settings anymore.....to DCS was a good switch...But, once this card is installed, Tessellation is going to 100% and I'm going to try to max out my sliders as much as possible. Hopefully the that combined with my 8 core CPU and the 64 bit architecture will finally break me over the 30 FPS mark! or at least give me a constant 30 FPS! Maybe I'll finally be able to have some trees in WA and not have a slide show to go with it! HEHE
    You WILL make 60 frames easily, even with high settings. Best thing about that is you will be able to record video at 4K@60FPS. Your video is fantastic now...it'll be spectacular at 4K. I've been recording a bunch of raw "beauty" video lately for some upcoming stuff. The quality was worth the buck$ spent on the card.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    You WILL make 60 frames easily, even with high settings. Best thing about that is you will be able to record video at 4K@60FPS. Your video is fantastic now...it'll be spectacular at 4K. I've been recording a bunch of raw "beauty" video lately for some upcoming stuff. The quality was worth the buck$ spent on the card.
    I am glad to hear this my friend! Shadow play makes it so easy to record now. So I typically record all my flights just in case somethting comes up and I want to review what happened in detail. Very stoked about this magical 60 FPS you speak of! LOL.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Blog Entries
    I am glad to hear this my friend! Shadow play makes it so easy to record now. So I typically record all my flights just in case somethting comes up and I want to review what happened in detail. Very stoked about this magical 60 FPS you speak of! LOL.
    I do the same thing. Record everything.

On a clear day, no clouds or cloud shadows out over photo real Nevada, I can push 200 FPS if I set FPS to unlimited. Nice....
    Thomas Jefferson

Gordon, how does it handle places like Orbx PNW? with Tessellation maxed? In P3Dv4?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Blog Entries
    Gordon, how does it handle places like Orbx PNW? with Tessellation maxed? In P3Dv4?
    It's going to love your ORBX stuff. I'm going to assume you have Global Base and Global Vector. I have North America and some regions installed and all run like butter.
    Also, your MSE and photo real scenery are going look exceptional. The P3DV4 terrain shadowing is awesome with this card, especially on photo real.

Vancouver is mega city, so autogen might bring you down to thirty. That's what I make in Los Angeles and San Diego. Trick is to only load the ORBX areas you are going to fly in on a specific flight.

When you install the card, I can share tweaks and AffinityMask settings if you are interested.
    Thomas Jefferson

Very interested Gordon. Thank you so much. My "weak link" right now is my CPU. It's an AMD 8150 8 Core 3.8 GHZ Turbo to 4 ghz. The issue is that it's not as good at handling the FSX/P3D code as Intel. However, I've seen marked improvement with P3Dv4. I'm currently running as old GTX 770. Still good, but I suspect as you've stated that this new Card will be the money maker! I have 16 Gb RAM and a 400 GB SSD. So virtually very close to your setup.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 0